First 23456 Last

Thread: Ne pillow talk?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Hmmm.... I'm definitely a more mellow person after so while some soft pillow talk is great and encouraged, no huge discoveries should be shared with me at the time. I'm looking to just enjoy some silence together, look into the person's eyes, take in what we just did and slowly drift off to sleep. That's pretty close to perfect to me.

In the morning, I'll make breakfast and am happy to put the gloves back on and chatter away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I call shenanigans! I believe just about EVERYONE is capable of an all night pillow talk session from time to time. Fess up, people. You may not do it every night, but you KNOW you've done it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Staying up all night talking with someone and talking after sex are sort of two different things. Both are lovely, intense experiences -- I just like them to be separated usually. I'd like to do justice to both, the conversation and the ideas being shared or the physical experience. I'm not a multi-tasker in this area....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

After sex my brain is numb.

Trying to sleep, usually I don't want to talk. I like staying up late talking, just not usually in bed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Staying up all night talking with someone and talking after sex are sort of two different things. Both are lovely, intense experiences -- I just like them to be separated usually. I'd like to do justice to both, the conversation and the ideas being shared or the physical experience. I'm not a multi-tasker in this area....
    Fair enough. For me, it's possible to make love, and then shut-up but impossible to stay up all night talking without making love at least once.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Fair enough. For me, it's possible to make love, and then shut-up but impossible to stay up all night talking without making love at least once.
    you are such a sap.

MBTI
    infp

After sex I'm energized, I'm more alive I feel, out of my shell. Up until I have sex I am restrained, a large part of me is kept locked away all day in the real world and sex unlocks that part and I'm open to sharing more intimacy.

The conversation is intimate to me, since I don't often relax in that way around anyone. I can stay up all night talking with no sex, but it won't be the same as the kind of closeness I'm seeking in my conversations, as I can have once I have relaxed.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

ew at a man's penis being the key to unlock your secret world lol ;p

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Each one to her/his own.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can stay up all night with pillow talk, if I'm allowed to, but my wife usually starts cussing me out in some kind of half sleep hysteria around 10PM.
    10PM??? That's like, dinner-time!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I LOVE pillow talk... actually who am I kidding I just love talking period! But yea there is something bout talking to someone late into the night that I actually prefer.. I mean I will always talk about the bizzare but it just seems that there is something in the night air that makes them open up about the starnge and curious! LOVE IT!!! Hey Berb fancy pulling up a pillor
    Just to clarify, I do like staying really late talking to people. (and I'm a nite owl by temperament.)

I just don't necessarily like to do it right after having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    ew at a man's penis being the key to unlock your secret world lol ;p
    I want to make some tacky joke about skeleton / master keys but I'm not sure where to go with it!

I call shenanigans! I believe just about EVERYONE is capable of an all night pillow talk session from time to time. Fess up, people. You may not do it every night, but you KNOW you've done it!
    next thing we know, you'll be daring us all to prove you wrong.

(... oh, I know all your little tricks!)

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    After sex I'm energized, I'm more alive I feel, out of my shell. Up until I have sex I am restrained, a large part of me is kept locked away all day in the real world and sex unlocks that part and I'm open to sharing more intimacy.
    See, I was wondering about that, since I think some people are far more protective of their feelings. I'm usually just fine with talking about intimate stuff at any time of the day, so the "sex" thang just doesn't open any new doors for me.

I don't need to that context in order to be emotionally intimate, so sex can sort of happen on its own terms.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft