User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default ENFJ's: How much time do you spend alone?

What do you tend to do by yourself? How do your thought patterns change? Refreshing? Draining?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    What do you tend to do by yourself? How do your thought patterns change? Refreshing? Draining?
    Hmmm..well I live alone so I do mostly everything alone. But socially. I totally don't mind taking myself to the movies alone, I rather see a comedy with someone else but anything else I'd rather see it alone) I do want to talk about a more meaty movie with someone after I see it, but I don't mind seeing it by myself. I don't mind shopping alone (in face I prefer it). I have more times than I can count gone out to eat alone altho I will take a book generally. I do the beach alone if no one is available to go with me and I don't mind....hmmm what else...not sure but I really don't mind at all doing things by myself.

As for my though patterns...I don't know that I've ever thought to think about how they change that's an interesting question. Do you mean are the changes refreshing or draining? I suppose that depends on what my thoughts are. Or do you mean how do they change while I'm doing what I do? Need to you clarify that for me before I can answer it I think.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INFJ

This is one of the questions I have for myself, actually. I don't consider myself an extravert person *until* I'm amongst other people, so I wonder sometimes whether I'm an INFJ instead.

I often go on holidays/citytrips alone, I like and don't mind being alone. However, for myself, I noticed I become VERY negative about myself when I'm alone and not doing something active. I start second guessing past activities, relationships, and have a gloomy view for the future.

Friends consider me positive when I'm amongst them, bar my cynical / sarcastic humoristic remark to liven up the atmosphere.

I've read somewhere the negative attitude when being alone is an ENFJ trait. But it's one, if it's true, I could do without. Also, I wish I could be more ENTJ - which I often appear in professional situations - but it's more because my friggin feelings for other people are killing me sometimes.

Sorry for the long rant, how are you doin' ?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Highly unlikely ENTJs dont get killed by their feelings for others too, sometimes.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Highly unlikely ENTJs dont get killed by their feelings for others too, sometimes.
    Sure, they're human, but they seem to be able to shrug it off and go do their own business again fairly easily. I tend to stay influenced longer.

Maybe NT's are just better in control of their emotions than those flappy NFs.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    Sure, they're human, but they seem to be able to shrug it off and go do their own business again fairly easily. I tend to stay influenced longer.

they are usually bad at recognizing them
    if the recognize them, they dont know what to do with them
    if they know what to do with them, they dont know what to do about them

...unless they read about it but then it doesn't work either cuz its 'feelings' and to most of them, feeling JUST arent logical

MBTI
    entp

my enfj gf would ponder over stuff by herself...or with me; apparently im the only person who gets her Ni-fueled analogies of life

she spends a fair amount of time alone. sometimes i think she only goes out for other people's sake and not really for herself...but shes a complete E

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    my enfj gf would ponder over stuff by herself...or with me; apparently im the only person who gets her Ni-fueled analogies of life

she spends a fair amount of time alone. sometimes i think she only goes out for other people's sake and not really for herself...but shes a complete E
    Now see that sounds like me...I don't mind going out but lots of times I'm perfectly happy being home. When people ask me to go out I generally oblige but I could just as soon stay home....and when I do go out I enjoy and don't mind going out on my own.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post

No, I meant they are just quicker with the revolver
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFj

I actually like to spend time alone which I find kind of ironic; I say about 3-4 years ago I had problems just being and feeling alone. I always wanted to be somewhere with someone talking and doing anything or else I would start to have "dark thoughts" and get depressed. I guess that had more to do with the fact that I grew up feeling isolated, since I used to move around a lot and my parents didn't really allow me to go out and hang out with my friends during my "free" time and would go long periods of time without really socializing other than school. Now that I have my matured and have my freedom I see myself spending a lot of time alone. When I get back from work I usually like barricade myself in my room and don't want to see or talk to anyone. As for what I do when I am alone? I like browsing the internet, reading, playing video games, listening to music, etc. Sometimes even when I go out I feel like I should just go home and be alone. Don't get me wrong I am not a introvert and I do enjoy going out and having fun with my friends which I do a lot but I have some introvert tendencies I guess, my mother even called me anti social the other day.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.