User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No, I meant they are just quicker with the revolver
    Yeah, been shot by ENTJs a couple of times this month and only after a few hours I realized I was dead.

But yeah, I think ENFJs in general need more time alone than any other E. Often this is mentioned in descriptions as well. Just be alone to review their relationship with people, their path in life, have dark gloomy thoughts and to charge up for the next time we go out and mingle with other peoples, making them happy.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Hmmm..well I live alone so I do mostly everything alone. But socially. I totally don't mind taking myself to the movies alone, I rather see a comedy with someone else but anything else I'd rather see it alone) I do want to talk about a more meaty movie with someone after I see it, but I don't mind seeing it by myself. I don't mind shopping alone (in face I prefer it). I have more times than I can count gone out to eat alone altho I will take a book generally. I do the beach alone if no one is available to go with me and I don't mind....hmmm what else...not sure but I really don't mind at all doing things by myself.

As for my though patterns...I don't know that I've ever thought to think about how they change that's an interesting question. Do you mean are the changes refreshing or draining? I suppose that depends on what my thoughts are. Or do you mean how do they change while I'm doing what I do? Need to you clarify that for me before I can answer it I think.
    Do you find alone time overall draining or refreshing?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I find time alone to be very draining. The only time I can partially stand it is when I'm occupied on a task such as drawing for reading something. If I have nothing to do I usually start thinking about past experiences and it just ends very poorly for the most part.

So overall I tend to spend the least amount of time alone as possible I would say. I do appreciate the time I get when I'm alone to accomplish things like reading or drawing but I will usually set those aside to do things with other people instantly if they pop up.

I realize that a lot of my time spent alone is used to gather new insights and experiences to share when I'm with people.

The only alone time that I really need sometimes is after big events that I just need to sort through by myself and get my bearings and usually after that I want to talk about it with someone.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Do you find alone time overall draining or refreshing?
    Overall I find it refreshing. I like being with my thoughts bright and happy or dark and dwelling...doesn't matter they are my thoughts and belong to me. I spend alot of time thinking about others and so when I have the chance to just focus on me for even a bit I welcome it. It's wonderful to get out of the spin my thoughts become when I add in all the million one hundred thousand other people who seek and I allow (at times) to occupy my thoughts. When it's just me it's lovely. I don't mean to say I like the dark thoughts but if I didn't have them I'm sure I wouldn't appreciate the easy light bright thoughts as much.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    What do you tend to do by yourself? How do your thought patterns change? Refreshing? Draining?
    I need huge amounts of alone time. I can't tell you the value I place on my alone time in the morning when the house is quiet and I have no one else's organic vibe rankling the atmosphere. It doesn't even matter if that person is being silent or is away from me - I can still feel them all over me and I have to flee. My head is a bus station full of people and their feelings/intentions that I will automatically try to process and assign. Fe-Ni, kneejerk. Like telling Einstein to pay attention to patents and ignore the equations.

Everything in it's place and a place for everything.

If I didn't a lot of alone time (and I mean hours of it) I would never be functional. Got to wash up and rid myself of the road slime from the day before. Processing and acceptance/rejection, like a person sorting through a box of donated clothes. Ridding your house of clutter and dust is feng shui, and I get a dust storm through my house every day that requires a thorough excommunication. I turn into a dragon if I don't get to take a tour of my island and rattle all the gates and check the moats.

I listen to music, write write write, light chat with friends as I can, but in a semi-removed manner until I power back up.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    This is one of the questions I have for myself, actually. I don't consider myself an extravert person *until* I'm amongst other people, so I wonder sometimes whether I'm an INFJ instead.
    Well-said. And TOTALLY agree.

I'm am a moderate E at best, but not an I by definition. I get charged up by people and being amidst social life, but because I absorb human energy like a sponge and expend a great deal of energy interacting (ENFJ full contact mode, for the win!) even on a personal level, like at a quiet party where there's a lot of one on one conversation, I flee from people if I haven't had time to just lay there and process and BE without prompt or expectation.

I know this may be a dumb analogy, but it's like being Rogue - you can't touch someone without absorbing them, no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    I find time alone to be very draining. The only time I can partially stand it is when I'm occupied on a task such as drawing for reading something. If I have nothing to do I usually start thinking about past experiences and it just ends very poorly for the most part.
    I can also agree with this. I would never survive in the country. I need people around and things to do. The country is nice for a vacation, but live there? Can't do it. I go stir crazy.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I need huge amounts of alone time. I can't tell you the value I place on my alone time in the morning when the house is quiet and I have no one else's organic vibe rankling the atmosphere. It doesn't even matter if that person is being silent or is away from me - I can still feel them all over me and I have to flee. My head is a bus station full of people and their feelings/intentions that I will automatically try to process and assign. Fe-Ni, kneejerk. Like telling Einstein to pay attention to patents and ignore the equations.

Everything in it's place and a place for everything.

If I didn't a lot of alone time (and I mean hours of it) I would never be functional. Got to wash up and rid myself of the road slime from the day before. Processing and acceptance/rejection, like a person sorting through a box of donated clothes. Ridding your house of clutter and dust is feng shui, and I get a dust storm through my house every day that requires a thorough excommunication. I turn into a dragon if I don't get to take a tour of my island and rattle all the gates and check the moats.

I listen to music, write write write, light chat with friends as I can, but in a semi-removed manner until I power back up.
    This is the life I WISH I had the capacity for.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    This is the life I WISH I had the capacity for.
    Too many outside demands needing attention? Can you carve out any Fuzz time?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code