User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Arrow Hey, ENFPs! And other NFs, maybeh

Heyas!

So, I was thinkin' about type and my friends one day (the majority of my closest friends are NFs, with two or three NTs thrown in, including my boyfriend) and...I had a few thoughts on how they got to be the way they are...

For example: Why must we always be reaching for something? Are NFs (or maybe just strong Ns in general) usually people who were unsatisfied with some part of their childhood/early life, and therefore developed a sort of...eh, complex? Typical N behavior, as I've observed, usualy includes things like oblivion to the here and now, having chronic desires of alternate situations, and with that, depression (well, sometimes.) Why do we seem to always have an unsatisfiable hunger of some sort?

More specifically, I thought about ENFPs. I had been starting to notice that behaviors specific to our type seem to be beget from some sort of empty void that we are longing to fill. After reading a few things here and there, I started to notice a correlation between ENFPs and father loss. Upon stumbling across another Type forum, I saw something someone posted that hit the nail on the head:

"ENFPs all seem to be the product of the same upbringing: ABSENT/DISTANT FATHERS???"

Are there any other ENFPs who share this misfortune? (Or other NFs?)

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I do. But my brothers are INXP and ENTP, so I doubt that it really breeds ENFPs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I do. But my brothers are INXP and ENTP, so I doubt that it really breeds ENFPs
    Okay, I understand that not all ENFPs are from fatherless homes or anything like that, but that brings me back to my first point, the N thing. Is it a product of unsavory environments/situations such as those?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBugGemini View Post
    Okay, I understand that not all ENFPs are from fatherless homes or anything like that, but that brings me back to my first point, the N thing. Is it a product of unsavory environments/situations such as those?
    I believe that in my case my mom was the reason I 'turned' F. My father is ENTP, so the rest I probably got from him

Interesting theory though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

Heyas!

So, I was thinkin' about type and my friends one day (the majority of my closest friends are NFs, with two or three NTs thrown in, including my boyfriend) and...I had a few thoughts on how they got to be the way they are...

For example: Why must we always be reaching for something? Are NFs (or maybe just strong Ns in general) usually people who were unsatisfied with some part of their childhood/early life, and therefore developed a sort of...eh, complex? Typical N behavior, as I've observed, usualy includes things like oblivion to the here and now, having chronic desires of alternate situations, and with that, depression (well, sometimes.) Why do we seem to always have an unsatisfiable hunger of some sort?

More specifically, I thought about ENFPs. I had been starting to notice that behaviors specific to our type seem to be beget from some sort of empty void that we are longing to fill. After reading a few things here and there, I started to notice a correlation between ENFPs and father loss. Upon stumbling across another Type forum, I saw something someone posted that hit the nail on the head:

"ENFPs all seem to be the product of the same upbringing: ABSENT/DISTANT FATHERS???"

My experience with ENFJ and ENFP seem to be pretty similiar in the idealist sense. The way they respond to situations though is different. The ENFJ has more of a self protection mechanism(as in hurt shows weakness) and the ENFP once you get close has more of a please dont leave me mechanism. The ENFJ had a rough time growing up and didnt have a good motherly figure(bipolar, drunk, drug attic) and she grew up with her dad. I am not completely sure about the ENFP, but you may be on to something.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I have noticed same thing about distant fathers and enfp. Naturally how the child reacts to distant father depends on the childs personality mostly, but i get the feeling that small kids what have tendency to turn out as enfp do it easier than those with caring father and good male model. I dont know about enfp guys, since i dont know eny of them.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

weird...i lost my dad when i was 18...my sister and i were the closest to him and both enfps like him...if that has anything to do with anything i have no idea.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Heyas!

Weirdness. Yes, no dad here either. I do remember from a very early age(3 and 4) making up stories about where he was and constantly imagining where he could be out in the world.

Then again, having no father is quit common where I'm from, and the majority of those people are probably ISTJs.

MBTI
    ISTJ

My sisters an ENFP. Our father was (and still is) very active in both our lives. He is an ENTP... I think.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

ISFJ father - there was distance and teenage angst but my father actually was very affectionate with me.