First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah that makes sense wonka...and yeah tell us about the enneagram stuff....please..sounds interesting.
    Yeah, Enneagram is really interesting.

For example:

According to The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Riso and Hudson, 4's often felt "abandoned and misunderstood by their parents", and many 7's felt an unconscious "disconnection from the nurturing figure(often, but not always, the biological mother)."

According to The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life by Helen Palmer, 4's "remember abandonment in childhood", and 7's tend to have faced "a frightening early life."

In regard to the topic of this thread-----

Although Enneagram does not correlate with MBTI per se, I suspect that most ENFPs are either 4's or 7's.

This might seem to indicate a connection between the absent/distant father and ENFPs, but if you look at the other Enneagram types, you will see some possible correlations there, as well.

From The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life by Helen Palmer:

1's "remember being painfully criticized", 3's "remember coming home from school and being asked about how well they had done, rather than how they felt about their day, " etc. etc...........It seems like all 9 types experienced some form of neglect in childhood, and of course, a lot of these things probably overlap, making the issue of absent/distant fathers not particulary type related, in my opinion.

However----the way a particular person reacts to such life experiences is probably a mix of "nature" and "nurture"---which suggests a correlation to type.

That's probably a whole other thread topic, though.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post

For example:

According to The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Riso and Hudson, 4's often felt "abandoned and misunderstood by their parents", and many 7's felt an unconscious "disconnection from the nurturing figure(often, but not always, the biological mother)."

According to The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life by Helen Palmer, 4's "remember abandonment in childhood", and 7's tend to have faced "a frightening early life."

Although Enneagram does not correlate with MBTI per se, I suspect that most ENFPs are either 4's or 7's.

This might seem to indicate a connection between the absent/distant father and ENFPs, but if you look at the other Enneagram types, you will see some possible correlations there, as well.

From The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life by Helen Palmer:

1's "remember being painfully criticized", 3's "remember coming home from school and being asked about how well they had done, rather than how they felt about their day, " etc. etc...........It seems like all 9 types experienced some form of neglect in childhood, and of course, a lot of these things probably overlap, making the issue of absent/distant fathers not particulary type related, in my opinion.

However----the way a particular person reacts to such life experiences is probably a mix of "nature" and "nurture"---which suggests a correlation to type.

Now you got me intrigued also and google doesnt have previews for the pages I need. Previously when I read some stuff and did the tests I was a 5 I think with a six wing.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My dad (xNxJ) is weird. He hates people.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

enfp here..... i LOVE my dad! he's like my best friend! me and my INTJ mom always had lots of..... differences though..... i love her to death but i always felt misunderstood by her. *sigh* it's complicated.

MBTI
    ENFP

So being curious, I went and took the long enneagram test over at similiarminds....

...and tested as type 3 with a sx/so/sp variant.

That was kinda unexpected. Yeah. I guess I can be considered ambitious in things I am really passionate in but otherwise?

The only way that it ties into the father theory is that he pushed me very, very hard when I was younger. (Typical Asian parent!) Think being forced into a few hours of study after being exhausted from a day in school.

It didn't carry over when I enterred my rebellious stage and he had problems with that, boy, did he have problems. Good thing I got to study what I enjoy doing so its a whole lot less stress on both our parts (since to him, I will "perform" and to me, I enjoy it) though he totally doesn't understand it, but thats fine with me!
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post

For example:

thanks yeah...if you're up for it. could be a good one.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My experience with ENFJ and ENFP seem to be pretty similiar in the idealist sense. The way they respond to situations though is different. The ENFJ has more of a self protection mechanism(as in hurt shows weakness) and the ENFP once you get close has more of a please dont leave me mechanism. The ENFJ had a rough time growing up and didnt have a good motherly figure(bipolar, drunk, drug attic) and she grew up with her dad. I am not completely sure about the ENFP, but you may be on to something.
    Wow that's so true- my ex bff was an ENFJ and she has major mom issues and I totally relate to the whole absent dad thing- bizarre. I didn't know we were so predictable
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.