User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default Question for animal luvers and pet owners

This might sound silly but have you ever noticed personality/animality tendencies with your pets?

I noticed introverted and extroverted tendencies easily, and even thinking and feeling preferences.

This ones an extroverted thinker, quite a rascal and trouble maker actually

This guys an introverted feeler, quiet and sensitive, but strong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Cool thread. I've always thought of making a thread like this, but it looks like there is already one.

I have crudely typed my dog from the little personality I can see through her normal instincts. I have came to the conclusion (with the scraps of information I have gathered) that she is an ISFP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My dog - German shepard. 100% feeler, introverted. 100% lazy. Intuitive.
    My sisters dog - Golden Ret. Chow mix. Hard to type.. he's the stereotypical alpha-male dog though, and he's a daddy's boy (real attached to my father - the head of the house.) Very protective of the rest of the dogs we have.
    My mom's two dogs - Japanese Chins. One is 100% extroverted. The other is a very prissy dog that's hopelessly in love with my dog despite the drastic height difference.
    My other sister's dog - White Lab mix. ISFJ. And everything that embodies an ISFJ. Very mom material.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, my boyfriend's cats are all very different:

P - Likes to go outside. Very talkative and will let you know when she wants your attention and literally grumbles at you when irritable. A little high strung and cautious and highly autonomous (more than is usual for a cat). Calculating in an unmanipulative way (meaning, if she were near human intelligence, she would probably be a chess master or anyone who works with strategic planning and coordination).

R - Lazy. Eats too much because she just really enjoys eating. Loves attention and pets especially if they occur while eating or scratching. General understanding of how human objects work (can and will open doors). Very quiet and unassuming. Afflicted with schizophrenic/hallucinogenic episodes at random in which her pupils dialate regardless of whether or not the lighting conditions would make sense for it, runs around the house as fast as possible, jumps up on a chair, tenses up, and looks around wildly in a way that resembles a hyperactive owl. The episodes pose no harm to herself and others aside from being a little disturbing to watch the first time you see them.

M - Manipulative. Very afraid of strangers for some reason. Demanding. Your classic drama queen and diva. I suspect she dislikes me because I see through her ruse and will not be swayed by mewed demands. Likes to trick people into petting her belly by rolling over on her back and sticking her legs up in the air, when in fact she hates being touched there and will maul any hand that comes close.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    P - Likes to go outside. Very talkative and will let you know when she wants your attention and literally grumbles at you when irritable. A little high strung and cautious and highly autonomous (more than is usual for a cat). Calculating in an unmanipulative way (meaning, if she were near human intelligence, she would probably be a chess master or anyone who works with strategic planning and coordination).

R - Lazy. Eats too much because she just really enjoys eating. Loves attention and pets especially if they occur while eating or scratching. General understanding of how human objects work (can and will open doors). Very quiet and unassuming. Afflicted with schizophrenic/hallucinogenic episodes at random in which her pupils dialate regardless of whether or not the lighting conditions would make sense for it, runs around the house as fast as possible, jumps up on a chair, tenses up, and looks around wildly in a way that resembles a hyperactive owl. The episodes pose no harm to herself and others aside from being a little disturbing to watch the first time you see them.
    lol!!! I've highlighted the pieces from both of these two that fit my cat! (the latter piece -- the 'schizophrenic' episodes - haha - I always just conclude she has a sudden burst of adrenaline or something in her body, and tend to think it's when she has too much pent-up energy that she doesn't know what to do with - she becomes extra sensitive to little noises, and hyperactive, running around. Sometimes I play into that, and move my foot or something, which causes her to dash off somewhere else. I call her 'crazy cat' when she starts doing this)

I've enjoyed coming to an understanding of my cat over the past 7 yrs, and I love it that she still displays new traits and comes up with new 'routines'. She's an attention whore, but also really, really sweet. She's cautious of new people, but not afraid of them. *Very* talkative, in fact I like talking back to her because I know what all of her various meows and noises mean and the act of my talking to her makes her respond in turn. She's recently become infatuated with going outside - this is my first residence where I've had direct access to the outdoors, and there's a little courtyard. She's taken to complaining, mewling, almost yowling (very subdued version of it) and begging a few times a day, trying to reach for the door handle, as she wants to go out. So I'll go out with her once or twice a day, for maybe 10 minutes each time. She's good, though - I've somewhat trained her, so she'll listen to what I say, and she definitely knows the word 'No', and for the most part listens to me when I tell her 'No'.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My brother thinks our Labrador Retriever / Golden Retriever mix is an ESFJ, but I say she is an ESFP. She seems far more P than J to me...
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My mother's cats

*Peaches, the Beloved Notorious: ISTJ (family favorite, this one)

*Sassy, Spawn of Peaches: ENFJ

*Mr. Smooch, Resident Gentleman and FancyMan: ISFJ

*Bonhomie, Gentle Philosopher and Acolyte: INFP in spades

*Moxie, Brother of Bonhomie and a Total Unicorn Rider: INFJ
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I think it's strange/funny that the two "type your pet" threads were both started by INTJs.

I think my last cat (rest his soul) was ISTP. He ate scorpions.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I think it's strange/funny that the two "type your pet" threads were both started by INTJs.

I think my last cat (rest his soul) was ISTP. He ate scorpions.
    Socionics tells us that the INTp and ISTp hidden agenda is to love, they say this leads to some deep animal lovin' It's not precisely the same for MBTI, but in general the same thing appears to apply. So much for being cold emotionless Thinkers, ay?
    5 3 9