12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Testing as the type you are drawn to

I finally got my ENFJ friend to take an MBTI test. It wasn't the best one though, often equating E with socializing and J with being rigidly organized.
    He tested INFP (!!!!!), and there is just no way he is INFP .

He sees himself as shy and needing a lot of alone time and thinks that equals introvert. I see him constantly texting people, going out with friends at the drop of a hat, hating it when he lived alone (and getting near suicidal from it), and becoming very depressed and down when not interacting with people a lot. Sure, I can see his social anxiety at times and like every human he needs down time, but introverted he is not.

He's not the typical J in being rigidly organized, but he can be socially organizing (he once made his own message board for just his real life friends, and got us all on there to post regularly).

It seems very likely to me that people might sometimes test as the type they are drawn to. I think this is the case here.

How often have you seen this with friends/family? You're quite sure of their type, bu then they test as something else, and it's suspiciously the type they are often attracted to....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I've ran into many an extrovert that claimed to be introverted. They (the ones mentioned not the entire group) seem to want to project an image of introversion because they associate it with depth and humility or something, when that isn't necessarily the case with all introverts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I've ran into many an extrovert that claimed to be introverted. They (the ones mentioned not the entire group) seem to want to project an image of introversion because they associate it with depth and humility or something, when that isn't necessarily the case with all introverts.
    Yes

I think that may be part of the case here also. I think he sees extroverts as loud, attention-whoring, social butterflies.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

I've seen several people test intuitive who are obviously sensing. I think they are sometimes confused by questions such as "Do you prefer search for a new solution or keep with what you know?". They answer "new solution" because they feel it means they are being "free-spirited" or "going against the grain". Despite the fact the whole anti-conformist craze has become so popular that not conforming is in all actuality conforming to the social norm. But that is a totally different theme ^^.

On second thought this was totally off topic... but I felt the need to get it off my chest
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    I've seen several people test intuitive who are obviously sensing. I think they are sometimes confused by questions such as "Do you prefer search for a new solution or keep with what you know?". They answer "new solution" because they feel it means they are being "free-spirited" or "going against the grain". Despite the fact the whole anti-conformist craze has become so popular that not conforming is in all actuality conforming to the social norm. But that is a totally different theme ^^.

On second thought this was totally off topic... but I felt the need to get it off my chest
    It's related. The questions can be very open to interpretation on these tests. Vague questions can cause a person to be typed wrong, IMO.

Also, it can be a matter of how a person sees himself vs. how he really is, or what he admires/would like to be vs. what he really is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Also, it can be a matter of how a person sees himself vs. how he really is, or what he admires/would like to be vs. what he really is.
    Well yeah I completely agree, the problem arises when people start answering questions how they want to answer them, not necessarily how they should be answering them.
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I frequently tested as INTP but I believe that's because I consciously wanted to be more like a P. But after carefully reading the differences between the P & J realized I'm def a J.

when first learning about MBTI, I took the test and was an ENTP. Then my two friends took the test and one was an ENTP and an INTJ.

I retook the test and came out an ENFP-which the ENTP laughed about and said totally fit.

Then My INTJ took the test and came out an INFP-which she swears she is to this day. This is hysterical as she is the most INTJish INTJ I have ever seen.

Once you understand the test, i think it becomes easier to test to be whatever you want to be or think you should be.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

People create images of themselves and then follow it.
    Until they lose themselves.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Really, I'd have to say I'm most attracted to ENTP, which is but 1 letter away. But my MASSIVE I score probably tells me that this idea doesn't affect me.

Besides, anyone would say that i'm an NTP.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari