User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is one reason why we are a good match.
    You and Macguffin? I think so.

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is one reason why we are a good match.
    Speak for yourself. I've personally never generally thought it's a good match [though of course there are SOME people for whom the match does work out well of course].

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

IMO infps are very nice people but they often come across as people who can get or already do get stepped on a lot. like someone said when they find intimacy, the find they have very much of it to give to whoever the receiver may be. and this is a general strength of theirs with people, id say they actually have a great edge in relationships due to how well they can sometimes get so intimate with a few special people and really get to know them deep down inside.

you really just need to learn how to control the niceness you let out. like infps should have no problem fitting the gentleman image, in some cases you may even be good enough to make it look mysterious, if you have the type of confidence required to pull it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    INFP men are about as bad off as INTJ women.
    One word:

Gays

Okay fine, the other word:

Confidence

That is your keystone INFP males!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    infp

You can be as frustrated as you want... I think the whole process is counter intuitive, and what looks weak has many benefits. Perhaps we cant pick up a random chick at a bar, but as others have said, we are predisposed to forging more lasting friendships and relationships, and that obviously has benefits, especially long term, while picking up chicks randomly is purely short term. Being frustrated is counter productive because in this case it is dismissing yourself because of your lack of ability in a context you may not naturally be interested in anyway. By that I mean your typical INFP doesn't want to do pick up, they want to score a good relationship, which is a different process.

I also take issue with acknowledging the PUA terminology and therefor that whole sub culture in general. I've read some of the stuff, and although there are some good tips and a few insights, they are all buried under very pathetic sounding people who seem to create images for themselves without really sorting out their shit. And that is strongly against how INFP's would theoretically want to live and act. The PUA shit only really works on dumb chicks or chicks who are just straight up horny anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

i think this is more of an INFx thing, i could fit that description as well

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    One word:

Gays

Okay fine, the other word:

Confidence

That is your keystone INFP males!
    I'll hold on to that. ;D (the second word)

"We all have time to spend or waste, and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever. "-Bruce lee

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I find that the "typical nice guy" often equals passive jerk, and they usually possess thinly veiled misogynist views. Doing stuff like becoming a girl's friend to weasel your way into her heart (or bed) is manipulative. Pouring strong emotions onto an unsuspecting woman is overwhelming. That doesn't make you nice. Being reserved and easily embarrassed doesn't make you nice. I just wish these guys would drop the "nice" moniker and realize that their real problem is passiveness and poor social skills. Women don't like jerks, they like guys who aren't clingy and whiny.

My advice is to take more action and initiative, don't over fantasize and over-think it, get to know the person without the pressure of some love confession, put dating in perspective (it's not a judgment on your soul if you get rejected), don't be a downer, and view and talk to women as people (not goddesses on a pedestal or objects or goals).

Heartless Bitches International - Why "Nice Guys" are often such LOSERS

Heartless Bitches International - 'NiceGuy', 'Asshole' - Different Sides of the Same Coin
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I find that the "typical nice guy" often equals passive jerk, and they usually possess thinly veiled misogynist views. Doing stuff like becoming a girl's friend to weasel your way into her heart (or bed) is manipulative. Pouring strong emotions onto an unsuspecting woman is overwhelming. That doesn't make you nice. Being reserved and easily embarrassed doesn't make you nice. I just wish these guys would drop the "nice" moniker and realize that their real problem is passiveness and poor social skills. Women don't like jerks, they like guys who aren't clingy and whiny.

My advice is to take more action and initiative, don't over fantasize and over-think it, get to know the person without the pressure of some love confession, put dating in perspective (it's not a judgment on your soul if you get rejected), don't be a downer, and view and talk to women as people (not goddesses on a pedestal or objects or goals).

Heartless Bitches International - 'NiceGuy', 'Asshole' - Different Sides of the Same Coin
    +100000

Also, I think it's quite silly to use your type as an excuse. INFP male does not equal AFC. It's about the attitude toward life that that makes the biggest difference. Majority of the INFPs I know including 2 male INFPs are in LTR or married. The male INFPs just went for it, took risks, and exuded confidence. Even the most jaded INFP I know is in a happy relationship of 5 years.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Daaaaaaaamn calling people out!

OrangeAppley - can you start a thread in Bonfire or Relationships on this? I would love to hear what people say. There is already a thread on 'nice guys' but if you make the topic more specific like you did in your post, I promise not to merge the threads.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari