User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Udog's the man! Listen to him! Seriously though, I have very much observed this business of not enough expression of interest or being apprised of the raging passionate depths of his love. It comes off as someone just really wanting a girlfriend, but not specifically wanting me. I think too that because many INFP men are shy, and are also romantics, they tend to worry about being too aggressive (which they rarely are) or else they don't see the connection between developing skills with other people (eg starting conversations, getting to know someone well) that the target of romantic interest. They fail to see that when you have some practice in developing many kinds of connections and overcoming shyness, then when you meet the girl of your dreams you are much more likely to be successful! Confidence is very attractive!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Udog is right.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    <removed incorrect statements re: Udog> Seriously though, I have very much observed this business of not enough expression of interest or being apprised of the raging passionate depths of his love. It comes off as someone just really wanting a girlfriend, but not specifically wanting me.

It's a weird thing I had noticed between myself and the INFPs over at INFPgc. They think that telling a girl that you are interested in them, in a flattering but direct manner, is some sort of terrible sin. So they either say nothing or wait until the dam bursts and tell her everything.

I think there's a bit of Fi involved here. With me, I felt like going down a romantic path with a girl I wasn't fully in love with was some sort of violation of my Fi romantic ideals. So I would slowly develop deep romantic feelings for her, and when I was finally smitten enough to "tell her how I feel", I had way too much invested.

I was almost in love with a girl that hadn't had a chance to really view me in a romantic light, and that never turned out well.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

It's a weird thing I had noticed between myself and the INFPs over at INFPgc. They think that telling a girl that you are interested in them, in a flattering but direct manner, is some sort of terrible sin. So they either say nothing or wait until the dam bursts and tell her everything.

I think there's a bit of Fi involved here. With me, I felt like going down a romantic path with a girl I wasn't fully in love with was some sort of violation of my Fi romantic ideals. So I would slowly develop deep romantic feelings for her, and when I was finally smitten enough to "tell her how I feel", I had way too much invested.

I was almost in love with a girl that hadn't had a chance to really view me in a romantic light, and that never turned out well.
    Wow, this sounds similar to some (most) of my past experiences! And your right, it NEVER turned out well.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

INFP men are about as bad off as INTJ women.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    INFP men are about as bad off as INTJ women.
    Why is that?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Sadly enough, I an interning under an INTJ women.
    [shivers]
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Why is that?
    Society.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Society.
    Orange Juice.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Society.
    This is one reason why we are a good match.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)