User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 137

  1. #11
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I disagree. In the situations I've experienced, I typically make the move too fast, prompting me to pour out all these "long repressed feelings" I've had for the girl making her feel overwhelmed and needing to run to the door.


    Lucky him.
    He wasn't lucky as much as confident and mature.

    Making a move doesn't involve pouring out emotion, it involves taking initiative. Something INFPs have a hard time with their inferior Te. Opening up emotionally is what happens after you're dating.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  2. #12
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    He wasn't lucky as much as confident and mature.

    Making a move doesn't involve pouring out emotion, it involves taking initiative. Something INFPs have a hard time with their inferior Te. Opening up emotionally is what happens after you're dating.
    Note taken!

  3. #13
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Sometimes they are. Sometimes they can be judged because they don't may not make a move fast enough.

    And you can't say that they don't make moves fast enough. In my opinion, you can't assume they are all like that.
    Well, of course not. Some INFPs are probably merciless PUAs. But When making large generalizations like assigning someone a type, making large generalizations about the type goes with the territory.

    The two INFP male friends I have were both crushed on by several of my female friends, I happened to know they were mutually interested, gave them verbal encouragement, and they still waited it out too long. INFP brother had a serious thing with his ENTP BFF but she waited years for him to ask her out, until finally asking him to their formal dinner in their grade 12 year, and then became disillusioned with him because he was so passive.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  4. #14
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Did you get your impression of INFP males from INFPgc?

  5. #15
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I disagree. In the situations I've experienced, I typically make the move too fast, prompting me to pour out all these "long repressed feelings" I've had for the girl making her feel overwhelmed and needing to run to the door.
    I believe you, and I believe you're an INFP, but I don't believe this is the norm. IME, they brood for too long and the girls lose confidence in the guys, become self-conscious themselves because they're reading the signals that he has a thing for them but yet he's not making a move, and then they finally decide to get over him after many moons of angsting, and the INFP males are then crushed by their own (lack of) doing.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #16
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    The two INFP male friends I have were both crushed on by several of my female friends, I happened to know they were mutually interested, gave them verbal encouragement, and they still waited it out too long. INFP brother had a serious thing with his ENTP BFF but she waited years for him to ask her out, until finally asking him to their formal dinner in their grade 12 year, and then became disillusioned with him because he was so passive.
    This is very true. INFPs can be "AFCs" because they are afraid to take the risks they need to have the relationship they want.

    So they almost try to passively trick a woman into dating them by becoming friends and never making their desires known. Yeah, that's a quick way to become frustrated.

  7. #17
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I believe you, and I believe you're an INFP, but I don't believe this is the norm. IME, they brood for too long and the girls lose confidence in the guys, become self-conscious themselves because they're reading the signals that he has a thing for them but yet he's not making a move, and then they finally decide to get over him after many moons of angsting, and the INFP males are then crushed by their own (lack of) doing.
    In retrospect, this is actually what I do. But then I become so worried that I'm taking too long to make a move, and then end up making the move too early. It's fucking annoying.

  8. #18
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I disagree. In the situations I've experienced, I typically make the move too fast, prompting me to pour out all these "long repressed feelings" I've had for the girl making her feel overwhelmed and needing to run to the door.
    Yeah, the Fi dump is a bit much until she's had a chance to develop romantic feelings for you. Telling a woman how much you love her when you've just started dating is usually scary and stalkerish to them.

  9. #19
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah, the Fi dump is a bit much until she's had a chance to develop romantic feelings for you. Telling a woman how much you love her when you've just started dating is usually scary and stalkerish to them.
    Yeah I understand, but I feel like if I take too long to tell he how I "feel" about her, then we'll never get anywhere in terms of a relationship, because I'll just be stuck in the proverbial "friend zone," which, believe me, you do not ever want to be stuck in.

  10. #20
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah I understand, but I feel like if I take too long to tell he how I "feel" about her, then we'll never get anywhere in terms of a relationship, because I'll just be stuck in the proverbial "friend zone," which, believe me, you do not ever want to be stuck in.
    Telling her you are interested is not quite the same as telling her about the hidden depths of your raging passions, though. The latter is best served for later.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Romance question for male INFPs
    By Economica in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 05:30 AM
  2. [INFP] Male INFPs with mother issues
    By Cranky in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 07:05 PM
  3. [INFP] Sorting out Relationship Issues with Male INFP
    By Wind Up Rex in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 02:14 PM
  4. [INFP] Male INFPs and Women
    By Ginkgo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
  5. Is ByMySword a nice guy?
    By ByMySword in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO