Enneagram
    7w8

Confidence is flirting.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I don't believe it to be deceptive or inappropriate. I just think it's not cool if it's not honest and not forced. For me personally.

I was more hinting how this is supposedly such a common trait for my type, and as always is not something I can relate to.
    Well, of course. The default nature of flirting is not to be manipulative unless your default view of flirting is negative to begin with.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am a neurotic ENFP. I can't flirt at all.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hah.. I'm really starting to get into this being an ENFP thing. I couldn't help myself this morning, I'm quite sure I got a return ping on one of my signals, a 'Hey' as I walked down the hall, my friends laughed at me afterwards.

On a second occasion I didn't really think I was flirting at the time, but going back in my head.. I suggestively mentioned to a coworker that she should marry a Mexican (or 3, get get her house fixed up), and playfully suggest she call me on my voice mail... to check out my new message, 'cuz I nailed the new (and lengthy) company greeting.

This is all very novel to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah.. I'm really starting to get into this being an ENFP thing. I couldn't help myself this morning, I'm quite sure I got a return ping on one of my signals, a 'Hey' as I walked down the hall, my friends laughed at me afterwards.

On a second occasion I didn't really think I was flirting at the time, but going back in my head.. I suggestively mentioned to a coworker that she should marry a Mexican (or 3, get get her house fixed up), and playfully suggest she call me on my voice mail... to check out my new message, 'cuz I nailed the new (and lengthy) company greeting.

This is all very novel to me.

welcome to the fold, brotha

Enneagram

Apparently people I encounter IRL find me very flirtatious. I flirt with everyone, even men sometimes, I'm just joking around, most people laugh. I don't usually do it with a goal in mind, I just think it's fun and creative. It's almost an intellectual thing with me. When I used to work in a coffee shop an old lady who constantly hit on me asked me where she could find some sugar and I pointed at myself and said "right here". She laughed and told me I made her day. But sometimes, it will make girls think I am interested in them sexually when really I just enjoy playful banter. One girl I work with was filling out some form with me, and she asked for my number. I knew she meant my employee number, but then I jokingly started listing off my actual phone number and did a "call me" mime, if you know what I mean. She turned beet red, and I assured her I was joking. It always freaks me out when people take me seriously. That's why i try to be over-the-top and cheesy, so they know there is no way I am being serious. I guess sometimes I misjudge where the line is, but walking that fine line is a part of what makes it fun.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    It always freaks me out when people take me seriously.

YES. OH MY GOD YES.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^^ This scares me a bit. But, you just gotta be yourself. I have always worried way to much about how others will interpret my actions.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Based on my experience. When an ENFP flirts with you by throwing massive compliments, they're just trying to be social. Not flirting to their definition (especially males).

Though if s/he looks at you "intensely" without speaking much, I think that's when they're actually trying to flirt with you as they're trying hard to read you and wanting to get a desirable reaction from you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ good observation

and..that's funny q and fj
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison