User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've never been good at "flirting". Or what I call flirting. I am a little too blunt and have always had the tendency to say what I mean.

I am very friendly, I smile a lot, laugh constantly as I talk, move my entire boy around as I talk, touch people, look them in the eye etc. This is not flirting for me, but people can perceive it that way since a lot of people attempt to flirt in that fashion. It is just natural for me. Sometimes I try to reign it in, but usually I just do my thing. I am married, and most of the time my husband is right there, so I feel that generally clarifies the issue of friendliness vs. flirtatiousness.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I have this problem where I tend to treat any friend like my best friend in the whole world and a lot of people have started rumors that I like so and so because I look like Im' flirting with her when the truth isn't anything like that. Actual flirting goes right over my head and if someone flirts with me I either miss it completely or I become a stammering mess. The only time I'm halfway decent at flirting is if I'm doing a performance or I'm drunk.

I've had a couple friends who thought I was flirting with them and then got mad at me when I said I didn't have any interest in them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP

I have a pretty good antenna when it comes to recognizing a semi-bubbly, could-be-perceived as flirtatious energy. I enjoy it, and can be that way myself at times. For ENFPs, I feel that they love the joy in just connecting and I can relate to that. I usually don't feel that they may actually have an interest in me. I also recognize the awkwardness in XNFPs that says they mean something more than friend. It's pretty easy for me to recognize the difference. Body language and what's underlying what's not said speaks loud and clear to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

To the op, I cannot relate to the flirting quote. I am open with people, I do like to have fun conversations with people but I never imply to anything and I'm very careful not to make anybody think that there would be anything there.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a natural flirt. When I start to think about it, notice it, or even pay any mind to my behavior it sort of is stifled. Like Pixel said, whenever I realize someone is flirting with me, or even giving me any sort of sign I stammer. More often than not things just fly over my head.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Although I get the feeling there is something there to do with self esteem.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ISFJ

When will typology give me a type I can relate to? Maybe I'm an ENTP. Or maybe one of the un-hip ENFPs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

how so?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    how so?
    Sannosuke believes flirting to be deceptive/inappropriate. Some enfps are like that.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Sannosuke believes flirting to be deceptive/inappropriate. Some enfps are like that.
    I don't believe it to be deceptive or inappropriate. I just think it's not cool if it's not honest and not forced. For me personally.

I was more hinting how this is supposedly such a common trait for my type, and as always is not something I can relate to.