First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Hey, I tried to PM you, but it says your inbox is full (or something like that).
    Yeah, sorry about that, it should be fixed now
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

Mr. Time they are using logic, it is a different version from yours, but it is valid. That was the point of MBTI. There is not a single correct way of living. I think that at best NTs will try not to assume anything until it's proven, whereas NFs are more likely to believe in something that can't be disproved. Neither side is more right than the other, no matter how much it is argued.

Secondly you have used alot of generalizations. I know for certain that I am not attracted to the ENFP girl disproving for me your idea that I am interested in her sexually. You have assumed that your viewpoint is absolute truth. Logic is based on premises that cannot be proven or disproven.

I am not trying to argue with you. I am trying to engage in a meaningful debate about it, because I do have friendships with women and yet you state that I cannot without sexual tension. I will think about the idea that unconsciously I still want to have sex with these women of my age group, but I do have friendships with women much older than me who I would never want to have sex with.
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    You ENFPs are full of BS...I can't tolerate this anymore. Where is your logic and rational thinking? Flirting leads people on. Flirting is an evolutionary utility created to make the process of mating easier. You can believe what you want, but in the end all the friends you have of the opposite sex are interested in you sexually. You are interested in them sexually also (you're just denying yourself the truth). ENFPs are known to fantasize about others while in a relationship and easily get bored with current friendships and relationships. So who are these people you think about? Really, how are others supposed to trust you?

I'm leaving this conversation to find an INTJ forum, where people use logic instead of believing what they think to be true as absolute truth. You have to use logic and base your logic on facts, not just assume that you understand everything about yourselves so well. I have to say that most of you are denying the truth to yourselves. Especially if you have INTJ friends of the opposite sex, then I doubt they are just there to be "friends"...if you don't feel sexual attraction, then you're leading them on, and you're about to crush all their hopes. When that's done, they will stop talking to you, forever, because that's what INTJs do.
    +1

But you enfp girls are still the best

Problem with this is that the same thing that makes them do all these bad things is the same thing that makes you the best. So dont worry about it, just be yourself, but this is something you guys and girls need to think about a little(if you havent allready thought about it).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Essentially
    ENFPs: cut the shit.
    INTJs: PLAY WITH IT! *-o_o-*
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The thing that always confused me about ENFPs is exactly what confused Mr.Time- Why flirt unless you are sexually interested?

And about this connection stuff. You can connect to people without leading them on and flirting with them. I love connecting with people, but if I'm not sexually interested I don't flirt. It's just that simple.

And every, EVERY ENFP female I've met in real life and on the internet has been a hopeless flirt. Even if they are in a dedicated relationship. It just makes no sense to me.

And whenever I ask about this I just get a bunch of butt hurt ENFPs making up irrational arguments to defend their position and I never get a real reason. Why is flirting the preferred method? Most people "connect" to others in a non flirty way and it's totally fine. All this does is lead people on and confuse them. We aren't mind readers, how is the typical, single guy supposed to know that you want something that's "just friends"? We don't. I've been lead on my ENFP girls in real life and I don't like it. It's gotten to where if I encounter an ENFP girl in real life and she starts to flirt, I don't even pay attention to it. I know that nothing will come out of it.

So again, without getting butt hurt, explain how being flirtatious is better than just talking like a normal human being and not leading someone on.

I mean really. It's like you don't think of other people's feelings when you do this. You are supposed to be NFs, aren't you masters with other people's feelings? How can you be totally unaware of what this does to males?

*waits for the major flames from ENFPs*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You are supposed to be NFs, aren't you masters with other people's feelings? How can you be totally unaware of what this does to males?
    Ne as main function and Fi as second?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Flirting tends to make both people involved quite good. Boosts their ego, makes them bond, allows them to have fun. As long as everyone is clear on where you stand, why wouldn't you use it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

It's not "better than" other forms of communication BlackCat, and I haven't seen anyone here say it was. It's simply one of the ways that we communicate.

I've never been accused of leading anyone on; ok once, but I was like 13, and I did really like the guy. I've kept most of my close guy friends over the course of 10-15 years. I have a hard time believing that they're waiting in the wings for me, secretly pissed off at me, because we've mutually flirted for so many years. Then again, almost all of my close guy friends are ESXPs, and they flirt more than I do with the same generally playful intent.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Could you please clarify what you are saying? And, sorry. I have a hard time believing flirting is how most ENFPs get to know other people. Do you flirt with everyone? And if not, why? What is the criteria for flirting?
    being genuinely interested in someone's beliefs, personal life, interests,etc. is, more often than not, taken as flirting. I engage in the same "mindplay" (i guess that's what you can call connecting with someone in a conversation) with my girlfriends as I do with male friends. Why can't I honestly be interested in what you have to say without an having an ulterior motive?

Do you mean what the criteria is for me to flirt or what the definition of flirting actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    see...that is just bs why the hell do people put such limitations on themselves...there are far too many interesting people in the world to limit your friends to those of the same sex...as mature adults can people honestly not be real friends with the opposite sex? come on...that's absurd.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    it's definitely been a trend of ENFPs on this forum to shrug off opinions of others as being judgmental or unfeeling. Especially, and possibly only, if the person giving the opinion has a "J" or "T" in their type code.
    I find that people with J and T types are often the best to get insight from because they can have different life outlooks and thinking styles than myself. However, some J and T people, and everything other type for that matter, can be judgemenal or unfeeling.

....I've missed a lot of posts. i need to catch up

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    It's not "better than" other forms of communication BlackCat, and I haven't seen anyone here say it was. It's simply one of the ways that we communicate.

I've never been accused of leading anyone on; ok once, but I was like 13, and I did really like the guy. I've kept most of my close guy friends over the course of 10-15 years. I have a hard time believing that they're waiting in the wings for me, secretly pissed off at me, because we've mutually flirted for so many years. Then again, almost all of my close guy friends are ESXPs, and they flirt more than I do with the same generally playful intent.
    Lol I'm not talking about you as individuals, the fact that you don't lead people on is great EnFpFer. What makes you (ENFPs) decide what kind of communication to use, flirting vs normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Flirting tends to make both people involved quite good. Boosts their ego, makes them bond, allows them to have fun. As long as everyone is clear on where you stand, why wouldn't you use it?
    Where did I say that it wasn't fine if both parties were aware of the situation? If someone ISN'T aware then it's not okay. And this is where a lot of ENFPs I've met are at a fault with their communication.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)