I don't really have any advice about this, but more like a personal situation...

I was working on an animation last night that was really frustrating me. It wasn't coming out quite right even though I was working on it for a long time. Something about the back legs just wasn't working.

So, I get up this morning and think, "Okay, what went wrong here; what can I do to improve this situation?" And I go on, and come up with this: "Maybe what I need to do is make the hooves more of a consistent shape, changing due to the angle and in position due to the height of the legs. Also, slightly in size due to the foreshortening. Speaking of foreshortening, I think I need to really exaggerate it. I don't have a lot going on, and the legs are really short, so it looks awkward when they are about the same length, even foreshortened."

I sit all day and think about this off and on. It is now 7:27 and I have not gotten a thing done. Here I am always telling people to "do, do, do"... when am I going to "do"!?

In short, I definitely feel where you're coming from on this issue...