• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Sense of Time, THE PERFECT MOMENT, & Universal Application

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
There is a clock in my bathroom. It is shaped like a fish and is around 7 minutes fast - that uncertainty is what makes it so effective!

LOL, I do the same thing ... must have the clocks running a bit fast randomly in order to remind myself that 7 minutes from now I should be out the door! Or if it really was 7 minutes later ... I'd be late!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like me complaining to my infp friend :p
She is a pain because it's the equivalent of against her religion to be early for something. When I say better to be half an hour early than 5 minutes late I had better look out!

I have conversations like this with my SJ mom all the time :D. I'm like, "What's 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things?". I cannot stand getting places early because it feels like wasted time (to my weak Te, it actually seems "inefficient"). Or you're expected to make some small talk beforehand (ie. before a class/church), and I'd rather just show up when it starts and not expend energy on stuff like that.

Ultimately, I know it's bad to be really late, and I avoid it, but I sometimes wish the whole world wasn't so darn uptight about time.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have conversations like this with my SJ mom all the time :D. I'm like, "What's 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things?". I cannot stand getting places early because it feels like wasted time (to my weak Te, it actually seems "inefficient"). Or you're expected to make some small talk beforehand (ie. before a class/church), and I'd rather just show up when it starts and not expend energy on stuff like that.

Ultimately, I know it's bad to be really late, and I avoid it, but I sometimes wish the whole world wasn't so darn uptight about time.

You could always move to India or something... :newwink:

Hawaii is a lot closer though

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could always move to India or something... :newwink:

Hawaii is a lot closer though

It's not a slow lifestyle I am seeking. Slow movement annoys me. I actually talk and walk very quickly and have little patience for slowness. My step-dad is an islander and he can drive me crazy.

I'm thinking somewhere like Italy would be more my style. Notoriously late people who are kind of frantic at the same time :D