User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I would suggest it also has to do with an need for security and closure via Te. Te wants to establish boundaries and commitment. Once done, then Fi can be openly shared with less risk of rejection.

However FiTe recognizes that for commitment to be real, the full truth must be shared. To do less would be judged a lie and dishonorable.

Thus you vomit insanity at them. I havent done this myself however I can see the potential.

Turns out other types seem much more comfy maintaining a facade as an integral part of the relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    SEE

hahaha this is the story of my life.

i did this with someone i was dating who thought it would be awesome to hit on my friend in front of me, and then ask me to be his girlfriend. i was all- THIS IS ME. I DESERVE THIS. I DONT TOLERATE THAT. THIS IS WHAT I STAND FOR. THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN THROUGH. THIS IS WHERE IM GOING. never heard from him again. gladly, too.. since he's a complete jackass for having the audacity to pretend like what we had held any meaning, when he treated our relationship like dirt.
    i also did this REPEATEDLY in my most recent relationship. i was falling deep in love with my ex... and i was terrified of him rejecting me... so i pushed him away... far too many times. i'll always regret doing that and hope to never do it again. though, i did realize through doing that that i was subconsciously picking up on a lack of genuine acceptance from my ex. the things i thought he loved about me (the intensity), he was just tolerating because he loved a lot of other things about me.

i need someone to love it all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hey, i've even done this with platonic friends, how awesome am i?! ._.

i always feel like they deserve fair warning of me... the people close to me often comment about how incredibly much i keep inside... it's like a glacier, you can only see the tip of the iceberg... i think it's some bizarre sort of defense mechanism also... like... if i tell you all my flaws up front... then maybe you will not hate me so much when i inevitably do something with the potential to hurt and disappoint you, probably because i've driven myself into a paranoid corner and am flipping out... and maybe, beyond all odds, you will even withstand my storm...

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye
    especially those that go: I already knew this about you a long time ago and it never phased me..those are the people you treasure forever and are worth keeping.
    YES. thank god for NJs, huh?

Two ENFP friends of mine are ALWAYS doing it with ever single guy they date. And then, they complain about it. It's kind of funny, but really sad after all...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

When someone does this I just get up and leave.

I feel its rather manipulative to receive acceptance this way.

I know people mean well, and they do it subconsciously to shield away from people who may eventually judge, but it's not an honest way to communicate.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

"..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

This doesn't surprise me.
    Of all personality types, ENFPs rank highest of those with Borderline Personality Disorder.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Of all personality types, ENFPs rank highest of those with Borderline Personality Disorder.
    I am sure ESFP is right after ENFP in being Borderline making these 2 types the very worst and obnoxious annoyances of them all!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    and
    @RaptorWizard

Ah, if you took time to read the OP, you'd know this isn't about ENFPs being BPD. This is about ENFPs appearing crazy by disclosing early in attempt to get it out of the way, a very rational, yet maybe not well thought out action.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

...And?