Thread: So, INFPs...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    It's close enough to MBTI (yes, it's technically different but people are more familiar with MBTI and probably won't want to invest in an hour long test to find out they are probably still the same type) and that's why I say consider and not this will happen, beware! even if they were sure of their socionic type.

All I know is I've successfully applied socionic relation examples to types (that I'm sure of) of people close to me that have failed relationships and have found the reasoning described in Socionics to be a very accurate depiction of what went wrong.

So don't freak out, it's just something to think about. That's why I post those things. Logic has its place to sometimes. If you pet logic on the head and give it ice cream once in a while sometimes it will help clarify some things. You can never have enough knowledge about a given situation. It always helps.
    Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.

I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
    amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
    enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
    ... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
    amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
    enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
    ... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFj

INFPs seem interesting and low maintenance too. I should look for a INFP gal, where can I find me one of them?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Depends on what you mean by low maintenance...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.
    Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Oh for crying out loud. I never said it was fact or truth. I just said to consider it. It could mean it doesn't apply or does apply. It's to be considered because there is a good chance it will apply.

What exactly is wrong with saying that? I think all you want to do is attack me because it's not fact and can't be proven as fact and isn't suggestions coming straight from an INFP's mouth.

Thanks for attacking me further by calling me ignorant. The same could be said for you, but doing such a thing isn't necessary. If you don't like something I say or do suggest how I can improve it, don't piss all over me and tell me to metaphorically shut up or that I'm ignorant. For Christ's sake. Now I'm reminded why I was hell-bent on thinking I was T.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin
    Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.
    Okay, sounds good. The thought didn't cross my mind to originally. I'm not perfect. This is a good example of not attacking someone personally and suggesting what could be improved and why.

I'm not your enemy. If you don't agree with me you don't have to put me down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't know enough about Socionics to agree or disagree with you. My problem was purely data representation.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

What makes INFPs happy?
    Being appreciated for our stengths. Which brings me to the next question

What makes them feel appreciated?
    In my experience as an INFP people like to stamp me with tags. 'Too Passionate' or 'I care too much.' I like to be acknowledged for the things I care about, not ridiculed for 'caring too much about something.'

Is there anything NOT to say/do?
    I hate to be told to 'stop caring so much about something I care about.' Never tell an INFP how to think when your dealing with situation's that are less black and white and more grey. INFP's have good intuition and instincts in that arena, embrace that as a strength.

What do they find attractive?
    Emotionally aware people.

What do they not find attractive?
    Insisting that you are always right and always have the most benificial solution to the problem at all times.

What is their primary method of communication?
    I love to talk to close friends and my wife. Writing is great, like in Instant Messaging or Email, we have a lot to say.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

What makes INFPs happy?

Generally drinking with friends, shopping, babies and cute animals, and being properly romanced brings a big smile to my face.

What makes them feel appreciated?

Being appreciated. Trust me we can tell when we are and when we aren't.

Is there anything NOT to say/do?

Don't play with our hearts Just be kind and sensitive and enthusiastic about us.

What do they find attractive?

Big hearts and big brains.

What do they not find attractive?

Snideness. We're idealistic so don't ever tell us "no" or "you can't". We never let a silly thing like reality ruin our day if we can help it

What is their primary method of communication?

I do love writing. If I can't be in person speaking with someone I'd probably prefer something like Messenger or AIM to the phone.