User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: So, INFPs...

  1. #21
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    It's close enough to MBTI (yes, it's technically different but people are more familiar with MBTI and probably won't want to invest in an hour long test to find out they are probably still the same type) and that's why I say consider and not this will happen, beware! even if they were sure of their socionic type.

    All I know is I've successfully applied socionic relation examples to types (that I'm sure of) of people close to me that have failed relationships and have found the reasoning described in Socionics to be a very accurate depiction of what went wrong.

    So don't freak out, it's just something to think about. That's why I post those things. Logic has its place to sometimes. If you pet logic on the head and give it ice cream once in a while sometimes it will help clarify some things. You can never have enough knowledge about a given situation. It always helps.
    Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #22
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.

    I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
    amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
    enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
    ... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

  3. #23
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
    amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
    enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
    ... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

    Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    INFPs seem interesting and low maintenance too. I should look for a INFP gal, where can I find me one of them?
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

  5. #25
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Depends on what you mean by low maintenance...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.
    Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  7. #27
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.
    Oh for crying out loud. I never said it was fact or truth. I just said to consider it. It could mean it doesn't apply or does apply. It's to be considered because there is a good chance it will apply.

    What exactly is wrong with saying that? I think all you want to do is attack me because it's not fact and can't be proven as fact and isn't suggestions coming straight from an INFP's mouth.

    Thanks for attacking me further by calling me ignorant. The same could be said for you, but doing such a thing isn't necessary. If you don't like something I say or do suggest how I can improve it, don't piss all over me and tell me to metaphorically shut up or that I'm ignorant. For Christ's sake. Now I'm reminded why I was hell-bent on thinking I was T.

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin
    Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.
    Okay, sounds good. The thought didn't cross my mind to originally. I'm not perfect. This is a good example of not attacking someone personally and suggesting what could be improved and why.

    I'm not your enemy. If you don't agree with me you don't have to put me down.

  8. #28
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    I don't know enough about Socionics to agree or disagree with you. My problem was purely data representation.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    44

    Default

    What makes INFPs happy?
    Being appreciated for our stengths. Which brings me to the next question

    What makes them feel appreciated?
    In my experience as an INFP people like to stamp me with tags. 'Too Passionate' or 'I care too much.' I like to be acknowledged for the things I care about, not ridiculed for 'caring too much about something.'

    Is there anything NOT to say/do?
    I hate to be told to 'stop caring so much about something I care about.' Never tell an INFP how to think when your dealing with situation's that are less black and white and more grey. INFP's have good intuition and instincts in that arena, embrace that as a strength.

    What do they find attractive?
    Emotionally aware people.

    What do they not find attractive?
    Insisting that you are always right and always have the most benificial solution to the problem at all times.

    What is their primary method of communication?
    I love to talk to close friends and my wife. Writing is great, like in Instant Messaging or Email, we have a lot to say.

  10. #30
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    What makes INFPs happy?

    Generally drinking with friends, shopping, babies and cute animals, and being properly romanced brings a big smile to my face.

    What makes them feel appreciated?

    Being appreciated. Trust me we can tell when we are and when we aren't.

    Is there anything NOT to say/do?

    Don't play with our hearts Just be kind and sensitive and enthusiastic about us.

    What do they find attractive?

    Big hearts and big brains.

    What do they not find attractive?

    Snideness. We're idealistic so don't ever tell us "no" or "you can't". We never let a silly thing like reality ruin our day if we can help it

    What is their primary method of communication?

    I do love writing. If I can't be in person speaking with someone I'd probably prefer something like Messenger or AIM to the phone.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Why are there so many INFPs here...
    By rooo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 11:04 PM
  2. [INFP] So is there an INFP DoorSlam?
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 08:45 AM
  3. [INFP] So your girl tested as infp
    By entropie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 05:20 AM
  4. [INFP] INFPs are SO LUCKY
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 12:42 AM
  5. Oh dear, this Girl is so INFP it hurts
    By LEVINA in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO