User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INFx audio sensitivity

Being an INTP, I've shared moments with INFPs and Js where something will fall or otherwise make a noise. When it's a faint noise, I see that they will notice it, as will I. However, they will seem keenly disturbed or otherwise jumpy at the occurrence. The same goes with loud crashes or the like, and they will get very shaken up from it. I too get hit by it in a way, because I'm sensitive in picking up very careful and subtle noises. However, I think there's a difference between us somehow, because I am not struck by it in a similar manner. The disturbance will explode in my face and I'll be a bit dazed by the observance, but it will not resonate within me enough to be blown away or shocked by it temporarily.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that IN's (maybe INxP's moreso?) seem to have an ingrained sensitivity to sounds and environmental disturbances. The F, however, seems to connect them to it more and be more affected by it. I think that IN's have a capability to be sensitive to their surroundings moreso than other types, and the F brings out a special edge to it, where they are forcibly involved in all of these subtle happenings. In a more abstract sense, I feel that this sensitivity works in other ways, such as with these types feeling strongly about subtle disturbances in relationships.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

I used to be like that. I was jumpy at subtle or not so subtle noises. When I was a kid I used to tell my parents I could feel the noise, and I can. It was like putting everything to a sudden halt where the noise was all there was. As an adult I learned to subdue the jumpy response. Now I still respond like that but it's internal. I am very jarred momentarily but it's not apparent to others... I don't think. I hope...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'd say I jump at sudden disturbances less than anyone else would. In horror movies at those parts where something suddenly pops up, I don't really jump or get startled. In real life when something sudden happens I'm the same way. But I'm just like any normal person in this regard I think, it's a sudden noise. In your mind it will be taken as sudden and a surprise, but it doesn't really physically effect me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I can't say that I relate strongly to the OP; like pretty much everyone, I do get startled with sudden, unexpected noises, but I don't recall that it ever goes beyond that point, or really impacts me greatly.

Regarding your final sentence, i.e. subtle changes in relationships, I DO detect/feel that rather strongly.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I realte completely to what you said (OP). I react strongly to sound, whch is part of why I'm a musician.
    I especially enjoy the sounds made by machinery. Washers/driers, elevators, etc. My washer produces a perfectly in-tune m7 chord.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I realte completely to what you said (OP). I react strongly to sound, whch is part of why I'm a musician.
    I especially enjoy the sounds made by machinery. Washers/driers, elevators, etc. My washer produces a perfectly in-tune m7 chord.
    Though I'm not usually easily frightened by sound, I'm pretty sensitive to ambient sounds as well. I blame it on my music background as well. Lots of inspiration comes that way.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I am sensitive to loud sounds... I guess I'm better at detecting sounds than discriminating them. Sometimes I jump to sudden noises, not sure whether I react more frequently than other people or not but when I do it's fairly noticeable. I jump... or hop.

Music affects me in that I have a natural tendency to "dance" or at least move in time to whatever I hear... I guess this explains why I dislike super fast music because they give me tachycardia.

If it's background music or noise though, I completely tune it out to the point where I'm not even aware it's there.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm almost never startled by any noise or sound, unless I can't intuit what's causing it. For example, if a door opens when no one should be around, that freaks me out. The noises themselves almost never surprise me though. I run all of my experiences, sound or otherwise, through my N, and can almost always instantly come up with several explanations for why something is the way it is. There's no true surprise at that point, although at times there's a very mild surprise when I find the source wasn't on the list of things my N spit out. It's more of a actually, and I find those moments enjoyable, because they stimulate me to think in new areas.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Though I'm not usually easily frightened by sound, I'm pretty sensitive to ambient sounds as well. I blame it on my music background as well. Lots of inspiration comes that way.
    I'm glad you said that. I had a fan that produced wonderful tones. My mind would interprete them as instruments from an orchestra. It was like a radio of new music.
    I've only told that to a few people, since the one's I did tell thought I was nuts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Those bird alarm things to keep the pigeons away...

Damn things make me want to climb up to where they're purched and smash them! :SaiyanSmilie_anim:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]