User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

intps don't spend much time in a vulnerable state. they appreciate that you get where those spots are, but, for the most part, they prefer to deal with their situation with Ti and Ne.

they are also rarely physically expressive. they express their ideas and values in logical principles. their ethics are principled rather than personal. their bodies are less feely and their eyes are blaringly loud and steely. they don't look away and demure very much. they are aggressive readers and not so much expressers.

they watch what you do, they are very behind-the-scenes in how they interact. so they may look like they lack initiative but they are not enthusers and not in-charge like enfj types are. they will step in when a problem is not being solved and they have the solution. otherwise they will recede a bit.

they can become more consistent when they realize it is effecting the situation negatively, but they are N types who tend to drift along with their thoughts and need external structure for this sort of thing.

i would be careful asking the person to change too much and realize that you may find some of these needs elsewhere. keeping in mind that what your intp friend CAN offer you is valuable in its own right- great Ti, some Ne to reel you in and get you in the moment, and appreciation for your abilities at getting into people and being in touch with their feelings.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    intps don't spend much time in a vulnerable state. they appreciate that you get where those spots are, but, for the most part, they prefer to deal with their situation with Ti and Ne.

they are also rarely physically expressive. they express their ideas and values in logical principles. their ethics are principled rather than personal. their bodies are less feely and their eyes are blaringly loud and steely. they don't look away and demure very much. they are aggressive readers and not so much expressers.

they watch what you do, they are very behind-the-scenes in how they interact. so they may look like they lack initiative but they are not enthusers and not in-charge like enfj types are. they will step in when a problem is not being solved and they have the solution. otherwise they will recede a bit.

they can become more consistent when they realize it is effecting the situation negatively, but they are N types who tend to drift along with their thoughts and need external structure for this sort of thing.

i would be careful asking the person to change too much and realize that you may find some of these needs elsewhere. keeping in mind that what your intp friend CAN offer you is valuable in its own right- great Ti, some Ne to reel you in and get you in the moment, and appreciation for your abilities at getting into people and being in touch with their feelings.
    This tends to really be all IP types. Me and my ENFJ wife have the same issues. She jumps at the possibility of a problem where as I sit back and see what happens. We generally wont jump based on possibility.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I know I have a manual to ENFJs around here somewhere... *digs and digs in piles of clutter*
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

When you find the manual, tell me how to change my spark plugs. I believe I've fouled a few out.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Aww , PinkPiranha.

Nothing in here about spark plugs from what I can tell... of course my version is all in French...
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

Great analysis of INTPs. Fits every one I know.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

I'm still using the abridged manual and all it says about spark plugs is 'recharge with others'. guess it means to hang out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by jtanSis1 View Post
    I'm still using the abridged manual and all it says about spark plugs is 'recharge with others'. guess it means to hang out.
    Yes
    And if I don't, the more likely my darkside will swell up inside me like a flood in a room. Not good.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

Big section in the manual about 'darkside' says 'find big open space to vent then immeadiately proceed to nearest friend and ask for hug'

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

So we all have this big dark streak?

Good to know.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic