First 12

Thread: What is Fe?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Extroverted Feeling, or Fe, used primarily by ESFJ and ENFJ as a dominant function, and by ISFJ and INFJ as a secondary, is a natural understanding of and ability to play off the emotions of others.

It is similar to Te in that it is outwardly goal- and schedule-oriented, but it bases its strategy for completing these goals upon personal empathy/careful observance of local social and cultural standards (as opposed to Te's focus on impersonal/theoretical constructs) and is keenly aware of the emotional states/probable emotional strengths and weaknesses of others based on how they interact socially.

Fe makes friends very easily and, if used for malicious purposes, can and will use the emotions of others to manipulate them into participating in its plans. For healthy Fe users, though, it's usually just a strong sense of open, heavily emotional support for friends and loved ones--ExFJs are great people to go to when you want to feel better about yourself.

Fe differs from Fi because it changes with cultural surroundings. It gets its sense of morality from the social standards of its community (sense of community/fitting in is VERY important!), and so if an Fe user moves from one culture to another he may significantly change his standards in these areas in order to integrate into the new community/gain trust and emotional influence with others. (Fi, used by xxFP types, will rarely change its moral standards at all because they come from the inside.)

So people with good Fe are typically VERY charismatic because they know how to phrase everything in just the right way to appeal to the emotional/cultural sentiments and values of their audiences. You won't catch an FJ using coarse language or anything that could potentially be construed as offensive in important, public image-related situations very often at all--this is the kind of mistake they almost never make, and one that many NTs would do well to learn from.

And be careful of crossing the Fe doms, especially (ESFJ/ENFJ)--because some of them who don't have the restraint to behave otherwise will use the emotions of others to manipulate them into disliking you. Watch out.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Thank you for the response people. But I still have some trouble understanding it.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Extroverted Feeling, or Fe, used primarily by ESFJ and ENFJ as a dominant function, and by ISFJ and INFJ as a secondary, is a natural understanding of and ability to play off the emotions of others.

It is similar to Te in that it is outwardly goal- and schedule-oriented, but it bases its strategy for completing these goals upon personal empathy/careful observance of local social and cultural standards (as opposed to Te's focus on impersonal/theoretical constructs) and is keenly aware of the emotional states/probable emotional strengths and weaknesses of others based on how they interact socially.

Fe makes friends very easily and, if used for malicious purposes, can and will use the emotions of others to manipulate them into participating in its plans. For healthy Fe users, though, it's usually just a strong sense of open, heavily emotional support for friends and loved ones--ExFJs are great people to go to when you want to feel better about yourself.

Fe differs from Fi because it changes with cultural surroundings. It gets its sense of morality from the social standards of its community (sense of community/fitting in is VERY important!), and so if an Fe user moves from one culture to another he may significantly change his standards in these areas in order to integrate into the new community/gain trust and emotional influence with others. (Fi, used by xxFP types, will rarely change its moral standards at all because they come from the inside.)

So people with good Fe are typically VERY charismatic because they know how to phrase everything in just the right way to appeal to the emotional/cultural sentiments and values of their audiences. You won't catch an FJ using coarse language or anything that could potentially be construed as offensive in important, public image-related situations very often at all--this is the kind of mistake they almost never make, and one that many NTs would do well to learn from.

And be careful of crossing the Fe doms, especially (ESFJ/ENFJ)--because some of them who don't have the restraint to behave otherwise will use the emotions of others to manipulate them into disliking you. Watch out.

Fe is my inferior function...but this stood out as a good description.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I wish people walked around with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

That would make life so much easier, plus there would be a trippy laser light show everywhere I went.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Maybe thats why it really bothers my wife(ENFJ) that I dont care what others think of me. I mean unless you live with me and interact with me how do you know who I am and how I would respond to you and if you dont know who I am why should I care what you think of me. Its to easy to push a situation one direction, all it takes is leaving out one sentence or word. I dont like doing it, not saying I dont, but I try not to especially if it would turn a friend against a friend.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Well, combined with a high amount Ni, it's the incapability to do anything wrong without an overactive conscience interfering.

I wish I could be like all those cool criminals...
    Agreed. I see all of those people who try to be controlling, belittling, and selfish etc. and I do put in very practical plans to return the same specially if it involves them doing it to me. but after a moment I go, nah I shouldnt do that. It's almost like someone else advices me!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Fe is my inferior function...but this stood out as a good description.
    Yes I often felt like doing this specially if they don't fall inline with what I see as ethical/ empathetic even though it is classified as secondary in my case

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default fe te tj si ni

I am very familiar with NF NT SP SJ. I have no idea what
    this fe fi si ni te etc. Can someone break these down
    and compare them with the NT NF SJ & SP?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Lol.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Okay, I feel like a bastard now.

Have a look at these links:

Cognitive Dynamics | Interstrength Associates
    MBTI Cognitive functions | To Civilize Nature

Curse the new page. This is a response to lightsun and myself.