Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Default How Do You Amuse Yourself?

I know you're just lining up to make masturbation euphemisms...

Lots of talk about how INJs tend to have some interesting ways of keeping themselves amused in solitude. I have read some great threads over on the INFJ group on Facebook about this, and wanted to ask around here.

I'll start.

1.) Reading a really good book, then laying in my bed staring at the ceiling for a few hours imagining myself in the story, then imagining a whole new story, then making notes about how this new story will go. It's so fucking fun, I ain't playin'.

2.) I will spend time with my puppets and bond with them, and watch them bond with each other. I will also film certain puppets and post the best clips on YouTube.

3.) I will lip sync to songs on my video camera then watch myself lip syncing on camera and laugh.

4.) I will stare out the window, drool, and think long and hard about my future and all the great things I want to do, then I will think long and hard about my past and all the great things I didn't do. I will then think long and hard about how to stop thinking so long and hard so I can just go out and do some shit.

5.) I will go through my phone book and leave carefully thought out obscene messages on my friends work voicemail boxes so they have something fun to enjoy when they get there in the morning.

6.) I will play The Sims 2, and indulge my desires for controlling the universe. I will create Sims, create their surroundings, and create a whole sprawling story about them all in my head. I will make my favorite Sims fight in the interest of realism, cry when they cry, and then I will look at the 5 hours of my life I've just wasted and ask myself just what the hell is wrong with me.

How about you? What are your solitary amusements?
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yes! I'm included as an "INJ" (It's all part of my plan to make the NFs accustomed to my presence and then...oh uh, anyway).

I second staring at the ceiling thinking up stories.

The puppeteering thing is a little weird, but I make lists of things on notepad (for fun and because it makes me feel useful), so I guess I can't judge.

Drawing/painting/doodling/reading.

Going through the interwebs and collecting pictures of things that I think are pretty/artsy/appealing/Alan Rickman.

Watching my oregano plants grow.

Cleaning/going through my possessions and throwing stuff out.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

heart on fire

I read history, listen to music, talk to the cat, post on boards.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Aww. Caught my mind in the act.

1. Play video games
    2. Talk to people on the net, on the phone, etc.
    3. Sit here on the internet
    4. Exercise
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yes! I'm included as an "INJ" (It's all part of my plan to make the NFs accustomed to my presence and then...oh uh, anyway).

I second staring at the ceiling thinking up stories.

The puppeteering thing is a little weird, but I make lists of things on notepad (for fun and because it makes me feel useful), so I guess I can't judge.

Drawing/painting/doodling/reading.

Going through the interwebs and collecting pictures of things that I think are pretty/artsy/appealing/Alan Rickman.

Watching my oregano plants grow.

Cleaning/going through my possessions and throwing stuff out.

Yeah, "Puppets" is a word that usually throws people when I use it, but my foul mouthed puppets just make me happy: YouTube - T-Rez & The Scary Movie

I also collect pictures. I have gotten better at not hoarding material things, so I just hoard gigabytes worth of stuff I yank off the net to satisfy the hoarding urge without taking up as much (physical) space.

I have an "Appealing" folder too, with a nice "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub-folder
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Yeah, "Puppets" is a word that usually throws people when I use it, but my foul mouthed puppets just make me happy: YouTube - T-Rez & The Scary Movie

I also collect pictures. I have gotten better at not hoarding material things, so I just hoard gigabytes worth of stuff I yank off the net to satisfy the hoarding urge without taking up as much (physical) space.

I have an "Appealing" folder too, with a nice "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub-folder
    Rofl at both that video and the "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub folder
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How the-? First (jokingly) thought in my head. Wow.

I usually design something or write. I really like writing screenplays, philosophy, novels... I also create and edit films, which is great fun.

I sometimes just sit and daydream or think. I have a journal I'll write random thoughts into, and it contains a lot of my "Ni" per-se.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I sometimes just sit and daydream or think. I have a journal I'll write random thoughts into, and it contains a lot of my "Ni" per-se.
    How so?

I like to read and write a fair bit and stalk youtube as well, but i've just moved to a new town, so i can't be too sure if i would do that as much as i would if i new more people...
    I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. - Jack Kerouac

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I amuse myself CONSTANTLY.

My life is a series of events in which I find something entertaining in them all.

Fun is an attitude, it is not my purpose in life to be overly serious.

There are two things I cannot tolerate:
    ---------------------------------------
    (1) Hunger
    (2) Boredom

Gotta' go make eggs, toast, and bacon!

I read a lot. I go to the library. I write, then revise, then delete, then I write some more. I find new words to add to my running list of new words.

I walk to the beach and listen to it/watch it.

I listen to music, I often try to repeat the song exactly in my head at a later time.

I've just started positing on this website and it seems to take up a fair bit of my time lately.

I think of how my life could be years away from now. I dream of traveling all over the world. I look up recipes to food I'll probably never cook because I want to enjoy cooking but, the enjoyment of it comes in spurts... hahaha. That was not a euphemism.