• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How Do You Amuse Yourself?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If I'm alone:

1. Video games

2. Basketball or cardio exercise

3. Internet

4. Television

5. I create comedy routines, do stand-up, and laugh at myself. :newwink:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I read quite a bit.

I make up pretend conversations with people when I'm all by myself, especially when I'm mad. :steam:

TV, especially fantasy based TV that lets me escape from serious emotional situations, or painful comedy that lets me laugh at people (something I don't tend to do IRL)

Hiking with family or friends...I love it. :wubbie:

Psychoanalyze people with my fellow INFJs, eventually concluding that we don't have all the information needed. :blush:

Writing, Blogging, debating and the like

Crafy stuff. Anything that lets me ground myself and see a creative product is just mindless bliss. My fingers are currently blue from doing something or another, and I don't really remember what. :p

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
typing weird ass comments on peoples facebook profiles just 2 see what they will respond with

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Many years later, I still need a place to express my thoughts and feelings without self-censorship, and who can afford a daily therapist? But now, even though I haven't lived in a dorm in a very long time, I still don't have a journal because of an irrational primal fear that it'll somehow be snatched and read. Damn her.

I'm not sure what my ESTJ would say if she read my journal. Actually, I'm not really sure she would try make anything of it, which I'm perfectly fine with. She'd probably say, "That's interesting," and listen to me explain myself for the things written. I don't think she really cares what I'm saying, just as long as I'm talking. :)

typing weird ass comments on peoples facebook profiles just 2 see what they will respond with

Oh, yes. Have you ever changed your relationship status every two days and had a lot of confused people asking you what the hell is going on?

I make up pretend conversations with people when I'm all by myself, especially when I'm mad.

Yes! Especially when I'm thinking out screenplay ideas; I act the entire thing out in front of a mirror- which gets really awkward when somebody walks into the room and catches you doing so. I think doing it when you're angry is very unhealthy. I'll perceive the responses I imagine them giving me to my angry statements as real; I'll be angry at somebody for what they haven't done.

sade

Staring at the ceiling thinking up stories. :wubbie:
I can do it for hours. Except when there are people around.

I read, and hang out in the library. And have those long walks where all I'll do is think or fell out the nature around me.

I scan the internet for something I'm interested at the moment and follow the tangents I find. Scrolling through forums.

I love planning trips. I get an arch of paper, research the place/places completely through, and write on the paper how much money/time/effort everything would take, what I'd like to see etc.

I like organizing stuff. I actually do. So I'll do that.

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
-The future, the endless possibilities that I could make change to make something good happen, but then I think about how lazy I am.
-Imaginary scenarios annd conversations/situations with friends
-Talking to myself (rofl..)
-Other hobbies

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I don't think I need much external stimuli to keep me entertained, honestly. If I'm for example in a tricky spot where I'm in danger of becoming bored I'll just start amusing myself inside my head, actually boredom is something I have hardly ever experienced.
I can't imagine anything worse than boredom, though!

When I'm alone, I usually want to keep myself preoccupied with something. Writing is a really helpful tool for me to arrange my thoughts, feelings and stuff. I pretty much enjoy coming up to new understandings, and I can use any means to get to them really. Watch something (a movie, tv show, documentary etc), read (books, internet). Going for a walk. I also just love feeding my imagination, and any means work for that as well.

I keep the amusement part inside my head mostly, most people have no idea about the absurdities in my head. I love the twisted version of reality that's in there however, it amuses me greatly. :D

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
All I need is a paperclip and I am good for days...

P

Phantonym

I don't think I need much external stimuli to keep me entertained, honestly. If I'm for example in a tricky spot where I'm in danger of becoming bored I'll just start amusing myself inside my head, actually boredom is something I have hardly ever experienced.

Yes, that's exactly what I do as well. Boredom is not my thing. Seriously, I could stare at the ceiling for hours and let my mind walk me through all kinds of things. When I'm around people but I'm not directly communicating with them, I use "props" such as my mp3 player, I have the music playing but it's like a wallpaper or a comforting blanket to keep outside things outside. I do love listening to music but in those situations the music only helps to set the mood and the details of it never really enter my brain because it's already filled with other thoughts.

That's the best kind of amusement. Of course I do the other generic things such as reading, watching movies, surfing the net, enjoying what the world has to offer.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
design web sites in photoshop
study up on female psychology (yall are fascinating)
listen to music to help get in the "flow" better
read classic books like "Think and Grow Rich" and "How to win and influence friends"
Post on forums
facebook for sure...i'll log off and then 10 minutes later i'll feel like i gotta get back on it haha

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
1) listen to music and imagine situations...
2) go on to chat sites and screw retarded people over with writing-wit.
3) mess with people - overall.
4) Do things I or a friend only get and do the same in pranks, etc.
5) imagine how I would act as a different person or in a different situation.

a lot of other things that I don't remember and things that just come at me... i think.