• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How Rare is this INFJ type Anyway?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We jacked his thread. Oops. :(

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
RERAILING THIS MOFO: THEY'RE NOT RARE.

If you leave milk and cookies near the TV you can catch one.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/support re-rail

I know one. Met her from this forum. That's it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
lol. Looks like it did:)

pwn3d.gif

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Probably all SP's. They're like walking genitals.

o__o I didn't know you lot were even replying to me. Walking genitals... That's quite the pretension. Can I verify this... Mm, not anymore. I'd moida someone who tries anything these days...

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like they're popping up everywhere I go, friend-wise. Anybody else know a few?

Unless you frequent venues where INFJs are likely to congregate (e.g. online forums, their homes), you're likely mistyping them. Common mistypes are ISFJ, INFP, ISFP, and ENFJ. Especially when you are new to typology and trying to type people yourself. Might want to look into those types as well.

Oh, and INFJ result on online test does not necessarily mean the person is INFJ, just FYI.

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
I've never met any INFJ's irl, with the possible exception of my college philosophy professor, who might also have been ENFJ. Of course, I haven't met any INFP's either that I'm aware of...just some online.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The people who write the books on MBTI type all seem to say that INFJs are less than 3% of the population. Most say only around 1%, actually. Overall, they are said to be the rarest of all 16 types.

Now there are activities and places where you may be more likely to find INFJs than other places, so if you hang around such things...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How common INFJs are is wholly dependent on how you define the type. I realize that is obvious in principle, but it does get overlooked somehow. The same is true for INTPs and the other INs. Many people seem to test and identify as these types, but the groups of people online and anywhere with those letters by their name are diverse to a point that it is sometimes difficult to know what attributes they all end up having in common. There are some notable dichotomies that make either the theory or application of the type questionable as a cohesive and definable group. I notice this on the single type forums. The diversity of members makes the grouping under the same label arbitrary. But, that is only my opinion and perhaps there are compelling similarities I cannot see. There are cultures that evolve on any online forum, but those end up being markedly different from the type descriptions in the literature and seem like a separate phenomenon and tend to filter out certain aspects of a given "type" while reinforcing others until a completely new animal has evolved so to speak.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, nah. I'd know better than to mention meeting a few if I had crossed paths with them in a forum. It was coincidence, purely. 3 up close and personal friends of mine (2 related). Primarily, the girl in the picture with me. They all did take the same online test as I did, but it seems rather straightforward on our character. They called INFJs "Mystics" and my friends are...pretty sensitive to greater-good things. Their ways were enough to make me logically consider them as such at least.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm in a local meet-up group that is for dominant intuitives, the majority is made up of ENFPs, but there are at least 8 of us who consider ourselves INFJ. The ENFPs show up all the time, a lot of the INFJs showed up once and never came back with the exception of me and one other, lol.

There's an INFJ group on Facebook that is really big too. I'm thinking it is either mistyping, or the fact that INFJs really do seem to prefer mediums like this where they can use their language skills and use them in a less-stressful social environment. I for one own that I L-O-V-E message forums and the like, half the people who are now my 'real life' friends I met through either being pen pals with them (back in the days before innernetz) or through online chat rooms first. I met both of my confirmed INFJ friends that way (I also met my ESTP friend through the pen-pal medium, but he was basically whoring himself out at the time, he only really replied because I challenged his deeply held belief that he was "The God of hot").

I just think an online forum such as this makes sense as an INFJ magnet. :D

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
ENTPs and ISTPs must not congress --it would create a black hole of immorality and destroy life in the universe as we know it!

my best friend back in my home town is ISTP and one of my best friends here in arizona is an ENTP. hopefully my ISTP friend moves down here in the next year. if so, i look forward to introducing them to each other, opening a black hole and watching the show. :popc1:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unless you frequent venues where INFJs are likely to congregate (e.g. online forums, their homes), you're likely mistyping them. Common mistypes are ISFJ, INFP, ISFP, and ENFJ. Especially when you are new to typology and trying to type people yourself. Might want to look into those types as well.

Oh, and INFJ result on online test does not necessarily mean the person is INFJ, just FYI.

Why do you say that about ISFJs?