User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Probably all SP's. They're like walking genitals.
    o__o I didn't know you lot were even replying to me. Walking genitals... That's quite the pretension. Can I verify this... Mm, not anymore. I'd moida someone who tries anything these days...
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Seems like they're popping up everywhere I go, friend-wise. Anybody else know a few?
    Unless you frequent venues where INFJs are likely to congregate (e.g. online forums, their homes), you're likely mistyping them. Common mistypes are ISFJ, INFP, ISFP, and ENFJ. Especially when you are new to typology and trying to type people yourself. Might want to look into those types as well.

Oh, and INFJ result on online test does not necessarily mean the person is INFJ, just FYI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    A word to the wise: don't be too vocal in your interest or else the xNFPs 'll get their panties in a twist. Again.
    Explain?

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I've never met any INFJ's irl, with the possible exception of my college philosophy professor, who might also have been ENFJ. Of course, I haven't met any INFP's either that I'm aware of...just some online.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The people who write the books on MBTI type all seem to say that INFJs are less than 3% of the population. Most say only around 1%, actually. Overall, they are said to be the rarest of all 16 types.

Now there are activities and places where you may be more likely to find INFJs than other places, so if you hang around such things...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

How common INFJs are is wholly dependent on how you define the type. I realize that is obvious in principle, but it does get overlooked somehow. The same is true for INTPs and the other INs. Many people seem to test and identify as these types, but the groups of people online and anywhere with those letters by their name are diverse to a point that it is sometimes difficult to know what attributes they all end up having in common. There are some notable dichotomies that make either the theory or application of the type questionable as a cohesive and definable group. I notice this on the single type forums. The diversity of members makes the grouping under the same label arbitrary. But, that is only my opinion and perhaps there are compelling similarities I cannot see. There are cultures that evolve on any online forum, but those end up being markedly different from the type descriptions in the literature and seem like a separate phenomenon and tend to filter out certain aspects of a given "type" while reinforcing others until a completely new animal has evolved so to speak.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh, nah. I'd know better than to mention meeting a few if I had crossed paths with them in a forum. It was coincidence, purely. 3 up close and personal friends of mine (2 related). Primarily, the girl in the picture with me. They all did take the same online test as I did, but it seems rather straightforward on our character. They called INFJs "Mystics" and my friends are...pretty sensitive to greater-good things. Their ways were enough to make me logically consider them as such at least.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I'm in a local meet-up group that is for dominant intuitives, the majority is made up of ENFPs, but there are at least 8 of us who consider ourselves INFJ. The ENFPs show up all the time, a lot of the INFJs showed up once and never came back with the exception of me and one other, lol.

There's an INFJ group on Facebook that is really big too. I'm thinking it is either mistyping, or the fact that INFJs really do seem to prefer mediums like this where they can use their language skills and use them in a less-stressful social environment. I for one own that I L-O-V-E message forums and the like, half the people who are now my 'real life' friends I met through either being pen pals with them (back in the days before innernetz) or through online chat rooms first. I met both of my confirmed INFJ friends that way (I also met my ESTP friend through the pen-pal medium, but he was basically whoring himself out at the time, he only really replied because I challenged his deeply held belief that he was "The God of hot").

I just think an online forum such as this makes sense as an INFJ magnet.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    ENTPs and ISTPs must not congress --it would create a black hole of immorality and destroy life in the universe as we know it!
    my best friend back in my home town is ISTP and one of my best friends here in arizona is an ENTP. hopefully my ISTP friend moves down here in the next year. if so, i look forward to introducing them to each other, opening a black hole and watching the show.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Unless you frequent venues where INFJs are likely to congregate (e.g. online forums, their homes), you're likely mistyping them. Common mistypes are ISFJ, INFP, ISFP, and ENFJ. Especially when you are new to typology and trying to type people yourself. Might want to look into those types as well.

Oh, and INFJ result on online test does not necessarily mean the person is INFJ, just FYI.
    Why do you say that about ISFJs?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe