First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have a lot of pre-school memories. I wouldn't know how to pick just one. I remember wandering around the house alone when my grandmother was taking a nap. I remember jumping on my bed and talking to my imaginary playmates (Tommy and Lisa). You want to know something really deep, and maybe even gross? I remember having nightmares when I was three or four that I was being suffocated by what I thought of as raw hamburger (I think I actually have trauma memories of being born, looking back on those nightmares).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Interestingly, neither of my kids seem to remember anything from those early years (< age 5). And to think I took them to the playground almost every day and to all kinds of educationally-stimulating places, to amusement parks and other fun places too and barely a single memory made! LOL!
    It still shaped their brains and personalities, even if they don't remember it, so it wasn't in vain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ Thanks - I hear you and realize that too.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I remember alot from around 3 on up. I remember learning how to count to 100 around age 3 or 4, someone in the family taught me.

I also remember this toy robot I had that teaches you things like left and right with flashing arrows and numbers and letters, I remember I didn't know what left and right was and after playing with the toy for a good while I finally realized what left and right was, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I remember mostly from 3 onward. I remember my little sister being born, and how excited I was to have someone to pull into my dastardly INFP schemes.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFJ

I have never heard of this third person aspect before, nor experienced it, that I know of. How fascinating. Is it because the memories are difficult, unpleasant, and that perspective provides a welcome distance? Or is it more general?

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    I have never heard of this third person aspect before, nor experienced it, that I know of. How fascinating. Is it because the memories are difficult, unpleasant, and that perspective provides a welcome distance? Or is it more general?
    Nothing to do with painfull memories, usually the older the momery more further away i see myself on in. Memories from like 2 months ago i see myself only like 0.5 meters away, memories about 6 years old i see myself about 3 meters far away and first memory(when i was bit over one year old) i see myself atleast 5 meters away.

Try this:

Close your eyes. remember/imagine past or future memories. Imagine christmas one year ago. Now try and locate it in space around your head. Does the memory feel more to the left, or right, or maybe behind you or up in front of you? Noe imagine christmas next year... where is it?

It is a fun nlp excercise.

My earliest memory is dancing on my dad's feet and pretending to be asleep while he carried me to bed.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

If I think about my earliest memories, then I'm not pretty sure if they're even real. My earliest memory is about three fat people dancing and singing in some stupid way. I even remember things that I thought while I learned talking (about how stupid some words sound) and about when I climbed out of the window and landed on the roof when I was one year old (I'm pretty sure that one is real, I remember how my mother rescued me and how I got this scar there that is still on my stomach).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

When I was about three years old, I parked my red tricycle on the corner of the front lawn near the telephone pole next to the curb. A few hours later it was gone---stolen! I was outraged. There were no clues as to the scoundrel who stole it. I was devastated because I had just learned how to ride it---it was past down to me from my two older sisters---and I realized the independence and freedom it gave me. But it was all ripped out of my pudgy little hands so fast and we were too poor to buy another one. I've been walking ever since.
    Nothing, nothing, nothing is impossible with GOD.