User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    I have a theory that many if not most NF's have incredible long-term memories: longer, fuller, and clearer that average. Do you think this is true?
    ?
    I know an ENFP who can't remember 9/10 (no exaggeration) of the anecdotes I relate from our shared high school experiences, most of which he was the starring character. He is not a drug user.

One time on grad retreat in the middle of nowhere in January (-40C night) he snuck out using bedsheets with my then-boyfriend to come visit us in the middle of the night on the lower level at the retreat centre, and he wandered off for an hour to run with the wolves or something. ISTJ boyfriend could not figure out where he went and he had my walkie-talkies and wasn't answering; we were fearful of him freezing to death in the woods, but he was having fun on his own. The guy lives in an alternate universe.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My earliest memories are around age 2.5. I am very much aware of the emotions that I was having at the time and can still smell certain smells, and see certain things in my mind. For instance, we used to live in Boston when I was that age. I remember riding the subway one night and my mother giving me a chap stick that smelled like butterscotch. It's one of my most vivid memories from that time. I remember that we were sitting in the very last car and looking out the window into the dark tunnel that trailed behind us.

I remember laying in the bed with my parents and watching Cosby and Johnny Carson. My mother and I would drink warm milk and sometimes she'd give me ginger bread cookies. She would bring one of those giant fans and place it close to my bedroom doorway because I'd get hot at night. One of the most calming experiences for me to this day is to hear a fan at night.

At the same time, my memory of other times can be rather shallow. I have an INF friend who fortunately remembers most of everything from high school for me-and high school wasn't too long ago. I also can have a terrible time remembering the details of things that have just recently occurred. From what I gather, I remember things that had an emotional impact on me better than anything else, particularly events from about age 15 and prior.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I know an ENFP who can't remember 9/10 (no exaggeration) of the anecdotes I relate from our shared high school experiences, most of which he was the starring character. He is not a drug user.

One time on grad retreat in the middle of nowhere in January (-40C night) he snuck out using bedsheets with my then-boyfriend to come visit us in the middle of the night on the lower level at the retreat centre, and he wandered off for an hour to run with the wolves or something. ISTJ boyfriend could not figure out where he went and he had my walkie-talkies and wasn't answering them. The guy lives in an alternate universe.
    I know several delusional ENFPs. They have a unique way of remembering things that did not happen and not remembering things that really did happen....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Age 2: Crawling out of my crib somehow, and climbing into bed with my older sister, who was 6 at the time.
    Strangest thing is, I remember it in 3rd person... Maybe it was all a dream?

I have memories that date back to 3y.o. thanks to the verification by my parents. My mother thinks it's nuts. I chalked it up to a rocky divorce and trauma=memory. But who knows, maybe it's type relevant? On a general day-to-day basis, my Si is crap. But I can remember how I felt during memories and provide general color impressions of scenes, even if I can't recall physical details.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

2 years old riding the train, sleeping on the bunks there, also riding in a swan shaped pedal boat, the clothes I had at the time and which ones I liked or disliked.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Strangest thing is, I remember it in 3rd person... Maybe it was all a dream?
    I remember all my memories(that include me in the picture) from 3rd person view. Would be nice to hear why is that, if someone knows.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    I have a theory that many if not most NF's have incredible long-term memories: longer, fuller, and clearer that average.
    I've always suffered from the opposite problem, I have a horrible memory for details and can't recall large swaths of my childhood. My earliest memories that I know are true ones are from when I was 3 1/2 or so, but that is probably because they are anchored to a very traumatic emotional event. Otherwise, most of my childhood memories are fairly vague and without a definite "time stamp."

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    On a general day-to-day basis, my Si is crap. But I can remember how I felt during memories and provide general color impressions of scenes, even if I can't recall physical details.
    This is very true for me as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I remember all my memories(that include me in the picture) from 3rd person view. Would be nice to hear why is that, if someone knows.
    So do I...and this piques my curiosity also....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe