• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs:Relaxed or Intense?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hey everybody, :)

If you are an ENFP---Which of following options generally describes you?: relaxed, intense, or it depends on the situation?

If you are not an ENFP---Based on your observations, do ENFPs generally seem relaxed, or intense, or does it depend on the situation?

The key word here is generally.

And I realize these are relative terms, so the definitions I'm using are as follows:

........intense: having or showing strong emotion, firm purpose, or great seriousness

........relaxed: being at rest or at ease

........it depends on the situation: both, or neither, or it depends on specific factors, or depends on the particular individual.

Simple answers will be greatly appreciated, but if you want to elaborate, by all means, please do.

It will be interesting to see whether the self-images of ENFPs match up with the observations of those around them. ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Relaxed or Intense? I'd say generally. ;)

As in, both at the same time. You swap from being intense to relaxed, it's like a light switch.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After the recent revelation that my younger sister is an ENFP, Im gonna have to with intense. Then again, I think theres a difference between ENFP in terms of their etype flavor. 7s being on the more laid back end of the spectrum, 4s being the most intense, and 2s fluctuating in the middle somewhere.

ring the bell

There is a such thing as being relaxed but with an air of intensity, if that makes any sense at all. Of the enfp's I've known, they can be anywhere in a range of really relaxed and just chill to very intense and jumping from the walls with exciting things going on. Usually, though, the guys I know seem to rest in the middle, just kicking it and able to get into some pretty deep stuff conversation wise. I guess I associate intensity a bit more with with deep things, not just level of energy.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Relaxed or Intense? I'd say generally. ;)

As in, both at the same time. You swap from being intense to relaxed, it's like a light switch.

Yeah, in a sense, this would describe me---since I can be relatively calm one minute and explode the next.

But overall, I'd say I'm pretty intense, not relaxed.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'd say that it varies from person to person, from subject to subject. They can be very intense, focused and passionate about a subject, yet have a very relaxed passivity about them that makes people feel very comfortable around them.

This is more of a people related thing though, don't know if ENFPs are generally more intense than any other type.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm probably a bad specimen for this because I'm more aggressive than the average ENFP, but I am intensely relaxed. It works like this:

I'll say something with alot of emotion but I wont mean any of the emotion behind it.

So a voicemail from me sounds like this:

"Hey, I know you're not going to respond to this voicemail, you unreliable piece of shit, but I decided I'd humor myself to leaving a voicemail. Call me the fuck back at XXX-XXX-XXXX, but if I don't answer it's because I don't want to hear your bullshit, but you should try again at XXX-XXX-XXXX anyway because, hey, what the hell? Just kiddin', I know you'll return this voicemail, you're very reliable and I love you. *kissy noise*"

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've made some revisions to the O.P.

I hope they help.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm probably a bad specimen for this because I'm more aggressive than the average ENFP, but I am intensely relaxed. It works like this:

I'll say something with alot of emotion but I wont mean any of the emotion behind it.

So a voicemail from me sounds like this:

"Hey, I know you're not going to respond to this voicemail, you unreliable piece of shit, but I decided I'd humor myself to leaving a voicemail. Call me the fuck back at XXX-XXX-XXXX, but if I don't answer it's because I don't want to hear your bullshit, but you should try again at XXX-XXX-XXXX anyway because, hey, what the hell? Just kiddin', I know you'll return this voicemail, you're very reliable and I love you. *kissy noise*"

LOL---yeah I can relate. ;)

sculpting

I can be both depending on the situation. When around others I can be very silly and not at all serious, talkative and thoughtful, and I can also be scary intense depending upon the situation. NeFi, NeTe, and pure Te if I had to call the above functionally.

When by myself I end up looking quiet, mellow and a bit withdrawn and dont tend to seem too intense.

We wear many faces.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Relaxed. I'm not sure I've ever seen an ENFP look intense. Just like how other people say INFP's look like soft bunnies even when we are pissed off.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Relaxed. I'm not sure I've ever seen an ENFP look intense. Just like how other people say INFP's look like soft bunnies even when we are pissed off.

Really?

You've never seen an ENFP look intense?

Wow.

Maybe you don't mean literally "never".

Do you mean "rarely"?

Even then, I would say "Really?????"

Incidentally, I would agree with anyone who says ENFPs generally turn it on and off like a switch.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Really?

You've never seen an ENFP look intense?

Wow.

Maybe you don't mean literally "never".

Do you mean "rarely"?

Even then, I would say "Really?????"

Incidentally, I would agree with anyone who says ENFPs generally turn it on and off like a switch.

Most ENFP's I met in college. We'd spent short amounts of time together due to school schedules. My fellow grad student would look pretty down with the homework load sometimes, but she was too lite and friendly to describe as intense.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I thought I was always relaxed until, after thinking more about my personality, I realize that I am intense, but not in the classic sense of "uptight." I do everything with an intensity, even if I'm having fun.

(I don't think INFP's look like soft bunnies when pissed off. They are actually scarier than most because they really mean it)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ We should show him some heat :devil:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I thought I was always relaxed until, after thinking more about my personality, I realize that I am intense, but not in the classic sense of "uptight." I do everything with an intensity, even if I'm having fun.

(I don't think INFP's look like soft bunnies when pissed off. They are actually scarier than most because they really mean it)

Yeah, I think people are getting hung up on the word "intense" as if it only has a negative meaning.

It's actually a neutral word. It can be negative or positive, depending on the context.

When people call me intense I take it as a compliment, unless they are clearly using it in a derogatory way.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
..I do everything with an intensity, even if I'm having fun.

I noticed the same thing about enfp friend of mine. I was wondering why people say enfps arent intensive, but maybe its because some people think intensity only as negative thing, as Wonkavision told.

I don't think INFP's look like soft bunnies when pissed off. They are actually scarier than most because they really mean it

I dont think they look like soft bunnies either when they are pissed off, more like pissed off bunnies. But i dont think they allways mean everything they say when pissed off. Atleast these two infp friends of mine start acting so damn irrationally when angry that they say things that they dont mean(but nothing too offensive).