User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    STP

I would say intense, but its the context of my interactions with ENFP. Its an action focused intensity though, not as much of a person based intensity.

MBTI
    ENFP

Relaxed, unless you strike up one of my passions or attack one of my values. Then intense.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Very relaxed and super casual, until you get into a relationship with one of them...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

We give the illusion of being relaxed, a lot. But I think as a general rule of thumb, we are pretty intense. Some more than others.

I am not relaxed at all. I am extremely intense. I have a really sharp edge and can be really driving and percevering.

As an ENFP, I am very intense.

ENFPs and being relaxed and layed back is sort of a common misconception. DON'T JUDGE US!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    We give the illusion of being relaxed, a lot. But I think as a general rule of thumb, we are pretty intense. Some more than others.

I am not relaxed at all. I am extremely intense. I have a really sharp edge and can be really driving and percevering.

As an ENFP, I am very intense.

ENFPs and being relaxed and layed back is sort of a common misconception. DON'T JUDGE US!
    I think I strangely understand relaxed yet intense. I can be the same way with actions if I have goal. Its a fun intense, it appears chaotic with everything under control. This is not my normal mode, but its fun and I enjoy it. Its kinda like being in the zone, but its usually not focused on me so its not my normal mode like an ENFP. Its when I hit Se and run off of pure perception.

It reminds me of working at discount tire. I would have tires stacked up in front of 2 balancers and would run both at the same time. As I got one started I would run to the second one, hop over the stack of tires, popping off the top one with my feet, grab it as it popped off and get it on the balancer and then go back to the other one. Running back and forth popping the tires off the stack as I hopped over them. I would actually have people watch me as I worked, I even had one person question my accuracy and after each balance I stopped for a second to show him his tires were perfectly balanced. I love physically doing alot of things at once and going 90 miles per hour. Then we got new management and it got boring and became a job.

I wish I could get into this mode more often.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think I strangely understand relaxed yet intense. I can be the same way with actions if I have goal. Its a fun intense, it appears chaotic with everything under control. This is not my normal mode, but its fun and I enjoy it. Its kinda like being in the zone, but its usually not focused on me so its not my normal mode like an ENFP. Its when I hit Se and run off of pure perception.

It reminds me of working at discount tire. I would have tires stacked up in front of 2 balancers and would run both at the same time. As I got one started I would run to the second one, hop over the stack of tires, popping off the top one with my feet, grab it as it popped off and get it on the balancer and then go back to the other one. Running back and forth popping the tires off the stack as I hopped over them. I would actually have people watch me as I worked, I even had one person question my accuracy and after each balance I stopped for a second to show him his tires were perfectly balanced. I love physically doing alot of things at once and going 90 miles per hour. Then we got new management and it got boring and became a job.

I wish I could get into this mode more often.
    Poki, you sound like my ISTP. Everything is a competition against himself physically.

He rode skateboards and BMX bikes and would push himself further and faster than others. He worked at tshirt shop and worked harder and harder until he could silk screen twice the number of shirts as other folks. At another job he packed things into shipping crates and labelled them. Everyday he would pack more and more, until he was better than everyone else. At another job he took care of mentally handicapped folks. He prided himself on how well he cared for them and what he helped them achive physically. Now he is a tattoo artist, but again he does more tattoos than anyone else and makes his shop more money than any other of the shops in the chain in the city.

Everything is a game in a very Se dominant way against himself. Once he wins he quits and finds another game to play. I think living in Se or Ne can be exhilerating for short periods of time-like playing!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I wouldn't say ENFP's are intense.I think that's more the territory of Ti doms. The few ENFP's I know, I would describe as "ambitious" They tend to have no trouble in executing a goal once they have an interest in something/someone. It's amazing how much they can get done with a small inspiration.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Poki, you sound like my ISTP. Everything is a competition against himself physically.

He rode skateboards and BMX bikes and would push himself further and faster than others. He worked at tshirt shop and worked harder and harder until he could silk screen twice the number of shirts as other folks. At another job he packed things into shipping crates and labelled them. Everyday he would pack more and more, until he was better than everyone else. At another job he took care of mentally handicapped folks. He prided himself on how well he cared for them and what he helped them achive physically. Now he is a tattoo artist, but again he does more tattoos than anyone else and makes his shop more money than any other of the shops in the chain in the city.

Everything is a game in a very Se dominant way against himself. Once he wins he quits and finds another game to play. I think living in Se or Ne can be exhilerating for short periods of time-like playing!
    It wasnt ever to beat anyone though or be faster than anyone. It was just purely for fun. I never got frustrated when I screwed up or got mad at myself because I never really had a goal to be the fastest or best. I dont pride myself on being the best on anything and actually dont like to compete. I push myself because I like seeing what I can do. I will share it with the people I am close with, but I really dont want to be known as good at something. I dont like expectations. Being smart or the best all come with expectations. Those expectations seem to ruin the fun of things. Think of the dad who pushes his kid at a sport to the point where it turns from a game into a competition.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    Interesting question! I had never thought about it, so I asked my family what they thought. Intense, unanimously.
    This is what I suspect to be the case most of the time.

Though most ENFPs seem to consider themselves non-intense, if you ask the people who know them best, they will probably say the ENFP is intense.

I can't tell from the responses here, though.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

They're intense about being relaxed. ie, they can try to force people to "chill out", no matter the situation.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4