123 Last

Thread: infj passion

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default infj passion

triangular theory of love. passion, intimacy, and commitment.

passion = magnetic force of attraction. it makes you want this person so much you forget about others. singular sight line, specificity of vision.

what makes this happen for infjs? my theory before was that Fi was what i needed more than anything to feed me. it is obvious for me now that dominant iNtuitives communicate more easily with each other. information is more easily expressed. this helps generate thought but, at times, can also catalyze feeling.

i still feel that Fi is what fuels me. it is what makes me come out of my Self to extrovert with Fe. it motivates my desire to communicate and connect with others. it is what i want to free everywhere, express, articulate, capture in a bottle.

Ti is important to me and i enjoy connecting with T to shore up my logical defenses and strategization. but i don't love it.

i love N ideas, they inspire me, get me enthused and excited, get me to speak up and share what i've gathered for the group. but i love what they do for human beings, the ways in which they help them understand themselves, connect them with each other, get them in touch with their potential, their senses of self, etc.

i care about and feel compassion for others intermittently in an easy come easy go kind of way. but this question of passion is about being in-touch with one's own individual needs, knowing what matters most to you, your deepest desires, the chemical compounds you need from others to thrive, etc. i feel out-of-touch with what should be such a simple question.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'm passionate about pretty much everything. Pretty much

I think it's primarily Ni that causes this, because the other NJ types seem to exhibit the same passion in their respective areas...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

but what makes you passionately love someone? what makes you want one specific person more than anyone and everyone else? do infjs feel this happen for them easily, often, etc?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    but what makes you passionately love someone? what makes you want one specific person more than anyone and everyone else? do infjs feel this happen for them easily, often, etc?
    When in the right circumstances. YES. and its hard to shake once its done on with.

Its extasy - bring that passion out of your inner world and into the outer..nothing feels better. I daresay not much really is better, but I still have alot of life expirence left to taste.

To me - Expirences are a full sensory deal, touch, feel, taste, smell, and did I mention feel? People are like new drinks being mixed and new places are like total different islands there to explore. (this is all stuck in my head of course) My main drive in life is to find the "perfect" peace, that I have never know before, and this feuls my constant passion search/life.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    None of your business

I would have a hard time expressing it in words because I wouldn't feel they were adequate enough (or I really just don't want to because I don't like discussing my love life...). I wouldn't say I've loved many people in my life. I'm not very comfortable with that kind of vulnerability, unfortunately.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i am trying to see what passion means for inferior Se users. how you become enraptured in another person so much that you take on a singular focus for them.

in the triangular theory of love, passion is what makes the relationship new and renewed.
    intimacy is your ability to communicate. and commitment is loyalty and decision.

but passion and intimacy are the reason to commit, otherwise it becomes empty. intimacy is easily understood. it is our bread and butter. we do it easily with many many people, and the ones that can give us something back we immediately know we want to keep. but passion is about focusing desire, inspiring desire, not just Se desire but a desire to be closer, to share more, a feeling of ACCELERATION, wanting to be together, fucking magnetic attraction, just being together, etc.

it's where the challenging and inspiring and artistic and deeply romantic elements of a relationship lie. the fucking charge you get from specific people. what gives you that and sets you off as infjs?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I wouldn't say I've loved many people in my life. I'm not very comfortable with that kind of vulnerability, unfortunately.
    goddammit lauren ashley! i need help! (pouting like calvin from calvin and hobbes). do you think this is a common problem for infjs? and is it really our discomfort with vulnerability or is it that we just don't often find the right person and try to make it work in situations that don't inspire us? or are we really so fragile that only a select few can have any hope of unlocking us completely?

i mean, to put it simply- infjs have the worst love stories in history, it seems.

at times i feel we are identifying our intensity and at times weightiness with passion. but is it? or are we just heavy and somber creatures who are terrified of getting hurt?

MBTI
    ENTP

State, buddy, you just need a good rogering. Remove that overthinking.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    State, buddy, you just need a good rogering. Remove that overthinking.
    Ehm. We over think THAT too.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    Ehm. We over think THAT too.
    That's my point. That's why I didn't tell him to go find someone to have sex with. I was implying that someone should find him and have sex with him.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."