User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I do care a lot about those who are close to me, and I don't like to see them upset or distressed.

When someone's reasons for feeling a certain way makes sense to me, I am much better at caring, however this doesn't mean I will show I care. Where their reasons seem illogical or don't make sense to me I tend to care much less, if at all.

I don't like to be around overly emotional, sensitive or clingy people; I find it draining and exhausting.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I care about the well-being of people in general... and because I care, sometimes I hold myself apart, let them fix their own problems because fixing it for them isn't going to help them in the long run. There are also people out there that are beyond help, or that they don't think they need help. *shrugs* I don't care overly much about those and just move on.

I used to be, probably still am, quite sensitive about opinions of other people. I have defined too much of myself based on qualities other people find worthwhile rather than what I personally would like to be. I have to keep on telling myself that me, myself, and I is more important than other people. *sigh* Still fighting the impulse that caring more for oneself than other people isn't selfishness. That it's okay to do so.

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Hmmmm....

I care about those I love and admire; I want them to look upon me with positive feelings. I also care about people in the world in general- like I am affected by disasters in the world and want to help.
    I'd say I care less about the opinions of society. Actually, I tend to find the opinions of society maddening.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    Ape

I am compassionate towards others feelings but can still be quite selfish as to putting my own feelings first, so as not to be overwhelmed or swamped by the feelings of others.
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

for me, caring = doing something.

i care if i can do something about whatever is making them feel unhappy. if i can't, i go a little nuts, but eventually just ignore it. everyone suffers.

if they reach out to me, or think that i can do something for them, then i will. if they refuse to reach out and they're not that close to me anyways, then i'll assume that they don't even care if they suffer themselves, or that they think i can't help them/don't understand, and i'll dismiss them as lost cases until they change.

i only care about what people that are close to me think about me. i am pressured by myself to care about other non-close-peoples' opinions about me, but i can always overcome this. at least for a little while xD

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    I guess this is an NF type topic.
    How much do you care how others feel?
    In light of the idea that you can't control how others feel, how much should you really care?

Frankly, I enjoy caring about others... But there are times when I decide NOT to give a darn. Actually, I am leaning towards the understanding that in caring about my own feelings, its best to focus on them, and let others manage their own emotions...

Sometimes it feels like being a bad guy, but it seems important to staying happy.

Any ideas, thoughts, feelings?
    How much do you care?

I really dont. Not that I consciously got out of my way to make others miserable, but I prefer to keep emotions out of my life. Those who dont should know that no attention to their emotions from me does not equate to negative attention.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

i don't really separate thinking and feeling within myself. i just caluculate everything using a little scale in my head to see if it is all legitimate, and then i react.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

one more thing: i don't give a flying poo about people i don't know personally, such as that Send Shane a Card thing. that's what his family is for. why would i care about him if i've never even seen him live, or had a conversation with him?

another example of something like this is when those 30-odd students got shot up in Virginia. half the people on my msn contacts list put an emoticon flower in front of their screen name. "if you don't you're heartless. it's just respectful." they said. aren't those Virginia Tech students too busy being DEAD to go on msn? also, i don't think anyone i know has any of the friends or family of those students on their contacts list. they will NEVER see that BEAUTIFUL, PIXELATED flower that they SLAVED for days and nights to put up onto the screen. it's so insincere, it's just hilarious. if anyone honestly cares, then they should send a personal letter to someone in Virginia. people die every day, so they might as well leave that flower up forever then.

those flowers can kiss my ass.

MBTI
    Ape

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I really dont. Not that I consciously got out of my way to make others miserable, but I prefer to keep emotions out of my life. Those who dont should know that no attention to their emotions from me does not equate to negative attention.
    Good luck with that. As you are neither Spock nor Data I would imagine that this causes a lot of conflict within you.
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdsister View Post
    Good luck with that. As you are neither Spock nor Data I would imagine that this causes a lot of conflict within you.
    Be fair: He might be Spock or Data. We don't know.