User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I care how others feel, but I also have an aversion to coddling overly sensitive people.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

How much do you care how others feel?
    In light of the idea that you can't control how others feel, how much should you really care?
    I suppose if you were to consider awareness and caring to be linked then I care way too much. I am more aware then I would like to be honestly. I think being less aware would make life easier sometimes. I have a caring shut-off switch though which I assume is the function of FJ.

You can control how other people feel to an extent. I have done it without knowing it until later more times than I would like to admit. Manipulation once I become aware makes me feel extremely guilty even though it was unintentional. I generally cannot stand to feel that way so I will usually try to correct this as best as I can.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    When does minding others feelings cross the line over into manipulation? Or maybe I should ask does minding others feelings ever cross into manipulating them?
    You can get someone you care for to fall in you (www.lovetactics.com). Some people think it's manipulation, whereas others think it's more like a win-win situation.

Why? What would be the purpose of stopping someone from feeling good about their self?
    When someone does hurt to another one or causes damage, he needs to feel shame and guilt not to do it again.
    Last edited by rivercrow; 04-26-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed link

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    You can get someone you care for to fall in you (www.lovetactics.com). Some people think it's manipulation, whereas others think it's more like a win-win situation.
    This is a chilling concept to me. I've met folks who think like this, too--had one as an in-law--and I still get shivers about it.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    This is a chilling concept to me. I've met folks who think like this, too--had one as an in-law--and I still get shivers about it.
    Yeah, on one hand it's creepy, on the other hand it sucks the mystery and excitement out of the whole mating game.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    That is disturbing, but if it works for this guy....

It must really work.

RUN LIKE HELL!!!
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    That is disturbing, but if it works for this guy....

It must really work.
    Heh. They could call it Creepy Relationship Methods for Creepy People.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ

I am very aware of how people feel and if caring and being in tune with peoples feeling is the same than WHOA...I care...alot. However I also know that I can only do so much. If I go to far in trying to control others and how they feel than it smacks of manipulation and that is something I could do but I try VERY hard not to. I do try really hard to do something about my caring but when it's time to shut it off I've learned that I'll be the unhappy/stressed one in the end if I don't.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTP

Any ideas, thoughts, feelings?
    How much do you care?
    Good questions AC. I'd say I care very little in general. However, for the few for whom I have love for I'd do anything and love them a great deal.
    INTP 5W6

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

So I said I cared about how others feel and well I do. I admit that clingy needy people are a huge turn off but I still care that they feel that way. I don't like it when others emotions over ride everything else.

Also being a 'natural' mother I always want to 'fix' things and people
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP