User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 142

  1. #131
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

    I'm nowhere near an empath but I still care a lot about a lot of people. I wonder if empaths consider empathy actually a prerequisite for caring, cos sometimes I think my sister thinks that because I don't JOIN IN with the way she feels, I therefore don't care...

    I personally find that NOT being empathic actually helps me to care more uh, well, efficiently, a lot of the time... so, being detached I think improves my caring ability so it's interesting to hear you say detaching makes you rude and uncaring...
    my dad's the same way as you, so I know that he cares but in a detached way. My mom and brother accuses him of being uncaring, but I've actually talked to him about this stuff. Also I think I understand why he does this because we are very similar in how we think the world should be dealt with, and I find him the easiest to understand out of my family. I'm not saying I get him totally, but he's the one person that I don't have to explain everything to him. He gets it, we can say alot without saying much. (makes sense?)


    btw way I think he's an NT of some sort probably not an ENTJ, but not totally sure. I can see him being mostly likely an INTP
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #132
    señor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Do you care how others feel?

    Strongly but rarely.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  3. #133
    Senior Member mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I care to a point. Ultimately, I care about everyone.

  4. #134
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Jennifer had it right when she said, define "care". I understand that people have the right to their own opinions about how the world works. And I understand that people have feelings that should be taken into account in certain circumstances. However, I won't agree with someone just to satisfy their need for acceptance in most cases. If I do, it's probably because of some personal goal :P. If another person's feelings involve controlling me or manipulating me in any way, I will not care a single percent about their feelings. Generally, I try to get along and observe other people passively to get a better viewpoint on the world.

    Sidenote: 100th post!

  5. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    How much do you care how others feel?
    Quite a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    In light of the idea that you can't control how others feel, how much should you really care?
    I really dislike the notion of "control." It is my belief that we can't "control" anything. We make plans and God laughs. There are going to be unforseen circumsatnces and adjustments that always need to be made.

    However, we have a great deal of "influence" in a great many things.

    We can't control the outcome of a vote, but does that mean we ought not vote? We can't control if the business we work for will succeed or fail, so does that mean we shouldn't do our jobs? We can't control if our teacher is going to pass or fail us in a class, but does that mean we shouldn't do the assignments?

    I think it is the same thing with other peoples' feelings. He have no control over others' feelings (and even if we hypothetically did, we have no right to control them). However, I think it is still important to be kind or helpful when appropriate.

    To me, it is similar to anything else we care about. We have influence, but not control over what happens.

    One difference is perhaps, our right to the degree of influence.

    In many matters, we would be perfectly within our rights, and often even morally obligated, to gain as much influence over a situation as possible. For instance if we were designing or building a bridge, building, pace-maker, or missle guidance system--here we are obligated to gain as much influence as possible.

    But when it comes to other people, we have no rights or obligations beyond being a fellow human being.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  6. #136
    Member Tropics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    75

    Default

    It is impossible for me not to care when people's feelings are so obvious to me even when they hide it. Sometimes I get so in tune with people I know EXACTLY what they will say before they say it. I even get visions about things that will happen to them "good or bad" that turn into reality. It's even more intense with the people closest to me. I just "know" when they need me, so when I feel it I just pick up the phone if they are not near and I'm always right. I didn't understand why I was this way until I discovered I was an Empath and that these were perfectly normal occurrences for Empaths but sometimes you have to force yourself not to care because it becomes too much but then you only succeed about 50%. For me caring is not an option I just do.
    Somebody has to be fabulous, it might as well be me! LOL

  7. #137
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    I guess this is an NF type topic.
    How much do you care how others feel?
    In light of the idea that you can't control how others feel, how much should you really care?

    Frankly, I enjoy caring about others... But there are times when I decide NOT to give a darn. Actually, I am leaning towards the understanding that in caring about my own feelings, its best to focus on them, and let others manage their own emotions...

    Sometimes it feels like being a bad guy, but it seems important to staying happy.

    Any ideas, thoughts, feelings?
    How much do you care?
    Everyone cares.

  8. #138
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I always find it interesting to hear things like this. My sister (ENFJ) says similar things and they're quite fascinating to me.

    I'm nowhere near an empath but I still care a lot about a lot of people. I wonder if empaths consider empathy actually a prerequisite for caring, cos sometimes I think my sister thinks that because I don't JOIN IN with the way she feels, I therefore don't care...

    I personally find that NOT being empathic actually helps me to care more uh, well, efficiently, a lot of the time... so, being detached I think improves my caring ability so it's interesting to hear you say detaching makes you rude and uncaring...
    Empathetic, largely lacking in sympathy.

  9. #139
    Senior Member Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Oh man! I care way too much.!!!! I will try to cheer up sad people even people who are meant to me.

    It sucks because most people I've met dont seem to care back!!

  10. #140
    Senior Member Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I think people care, all of us just in different ways. Some people show they care with words, others by "meaningful gestures", some by taking charge and intruding in your business because in their eyes they are doing this for your own good="let me help you with this".I care about people's problems and want to help them usually...I won't say I care 24/7 about everyone that'd be lying. Although I can't feel good knowing I am doing something that is directly or indirectly hurting someone else so I withdraw on my own desire,although that makes me unhappy...I just hate feeling guilty, but I don't guilt-trip people because I hate feeling guilty myself and would not want to make anyone feel that way. Talk to me about your shoes, I will fall asleep, politics same,talk to me about your feelings I will absorb every single word and try to make you feel better if there is nothing "shady"(manipulation,attempt to guilt-trip me, being overly dependant on me for affection or etc...)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Similar Threads

  1. Do you wonder how others perceive you?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
  2. [ENTJ] ENTJs- how do you think about other types?
    By Tamske in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO