• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP preferred romantic type

INFP preferred romantic type

• INFP

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • INFJ

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • ISFP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• I am not an INFP

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From your experience (or hunches), INFPs, what are your preferred types for romance?

Edit: Let's expand on this....list the qualities you'd like in a significant other, and then take a step back, and type your ideal from the list you've made.

heart

heart on fire
I always crush on NFJ.

Wonderful, irritating, maddening, wonderful men!

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see myself with any N except an INTP or an ENTJ (INTPs dislike me, and ENTJs are too dominant). The type I find most attractive are probably ENFPs; they're like a cross between a puppy, several doses of caffeine, and a psychotherapist.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm. I'd vote for "any NF" but that is not an option here. Personally I'm all about ENF's, but INF's are a very popular choice as well. Which brings us back to "any NF". note: I didn't vote

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm. I'd vote for "any NF" but that is not an option here. Personally I'm all about ENF's, but INF's are a very popular choice as well. Which brings us back to "any NF". note: I didn't vote

You can choose multiple answers ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I'm a weirdo and I'm the only one that likes NTJs. Anywhere. :tongue:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ENFJ and INTP because I have had the closest emotional and intellectual relationships with men of this type.

I would say that my ideal would be someone who more closely resembles an ENFJ though. I've never met an ENFP man though, but I might like one...IDK.

Qualities:
- very intelligent, likes intellectual/artsy things, good taste in music is a plus
- a sense of humor that ranges from subtle and witty to outright silly, but not vulgar
- kind, compassionate, thoughtful, affectionate, strong morals, very generous
- more outgoing, friendly & warm than me, can take the lead/initiative
- able to be spontaneous and adventurous, but also gives me structure and grounds me when necessary

Your the only male INFP I know of that does. I've encountered online many female NF's who do, including INFP's.

There's been a few INTJ women who've posted about being in a relationship with an INFP man on INFPgc. Whether or not that is their ideal, I have no idea.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I voted ENFJ and INTP because I have had the closest emotional and intellectual relationships with men of this type.

I would say that my ideal would be someone who more closely resembles an ENFJ though. I've never met an ENFP man though, but I might like one...IDK.

Qualities:
- very intelligent, likes intellectual/artsy things, good taste in music is a plus
- a sense of humor that ranges from subtle and witty to outright silly, but not vulgar
- kind, compassionate, thoughtful, affectionate, strong morals, very generous
- more outgoing, friendly & warm than me, can take the lead/initiative
- able to be spontaneous and adventurous, but also gives me structure and grounds me when necessary

There's been a few INTJ women who've posted about being in a relationship with an INFP man on INFPgc. Whether or not that is their ideal, I have no idea.

Its not usually in the forefront of my mind, but I feel like if we go outside NF's then an INTP is probably, on average, the next best match. But I rarely here of such couples, and its usually an INFP-INTJ pairing :shock:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted for ENFP, ISFP and INTJ

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hmm, just thinking about INFP-ENTJ, I could totally see that with some of the INFP females I know. However, I could also see how INFP female/ENTJ male relationship totally plays into traditional roles and how an overly accomodating INFP female could get totally run over in that relationship.

I actually think, as in BlackCat's case, INFP male/XNTJ female relationship would end up being more balanced.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It took her a few months to realize she had feelings for me, but the intj woman I'm dating is hot, brilliant, loyal, and bullshit-free. Worth the investment/patience, guys.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I want someone who has a good sense of humor, gets me, and most of all I can sit down and just talk to, without worrying about what I have to say and things like that. I also like someone who I can just banter with, you know? Someone who would except all my quirks and stuff. It wouldn't really matter if she was extroverted or introverted, but I think I would probably prefer extroverted. What MBTI-type would that be? ENFJ?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I want an artist. Someone who can fall in love with this morning's cup of coffee. Someone who can think clearly and logically, but who can also deeply feel things. Can look at a plant and notice it's geometry as well as it's smell. A woman who can laugh at her own pain, but not at someone elses. Someone who won't find it at all strange to go from listening to Soundgarden to Beethoven.
I could go on.
Maybe INFP/J...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lean toward needing N for the understanding, but I know I need a dominant judger if I'm going to deal with an extrovert that close. Dominant percieving extroverts are fun, but I think I'd only be able to have them as good friends that I head out and do stuff with. I'm also have a thing for Ts, second longest relationship was with one.