• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP preferred romantic type

INFP preferred romantic type

• INFP

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • INFJ

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • ISFP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• I am not an INFP

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I want an artist. Someone who can fall in love with this morning's cup of coffee. Someone who can think clearly and logically, but who can also deeply feel things. Can look at a plant and notice it's geometry as well as it's smell. A woman who can laugh at her own pain, but not at someone else's. Someone who won't find it at all strange to go from listening to Soundgarden to Beethoven.
I could go on.
Maybe INFP/J...

You forgot honest. With you, and with herself.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Many of the things I find ideal in a partner aren't characterized by MBTI, so this question is difficult for me to answer.

- Integrity and honesty
- Humor
- Intelligence
- Compassionate (this is the only thing that leads me a bit towards other Fs)
- Overall positive outlook on life
- Desire for self growth
- And most importantly, super rich sugar momma. :jew: (Kidding!)

Edit - to be clear, the above characteristics have no correlation to the below types.

In the S column, I'm putting ESFJ and ESTP. I love ISTPs and ISFJs, but the dual introvertedness makes deep communication difficult.

In the NF column, I put INFJ and ENFJ. I adore ENFPs, but in real life they seem most drawn to me romantically when I become a bit of a steady anchor for them. That would become tiring after awhile. I've never known an ENFJ female, so I can only guess based on theory.

In the NT column, I'm basically unsure because I haven't known many, if any, NT females. I totally buy the theory of INFP(m) working with an xNTJ(f), as the xNTJ's intuitive nature makes them less concerned about the rigid fulfillment of social roles. xNTJs naturally want to lead, and INFPs seem pretty good about naturally letting them do that without giving them all the power. There's a great connection with xNTPs, but ENTPs seem to want different things than I do from a relationship. I can see INTP, but worry about shared tertiary relief Si combined with Ti/Fi communication being either very complimentary and awesome or like trying to scream at each other from different planets.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm inexplicably drawn to SPs.

Though I guess XNTP would probably be the other.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I want an artist. Someone who can fall in love with this morning's cup of coffee. Someone who can think clearly and logically, but who can also deeply feel things. Can look at a plant and notice it's geometry as well as it's smell. A woman who can laugh at her own pain, but not at someone elses. Someone who won't find it at all strange to go from listening to Soundgarden to Beethoven.
I could go on.
Maybe INFP/J...

ah...ISFP?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i voted:

INFP - nothing beats that telepathic sense of connection i can have with another INFP. unspoken kindred vibes, creepy and comforting at once..most likely to have the same sort if tastes in arts and music, also likely to be involved in the arts themselves. as long as they're on the balanced side it can work..

INFJ - funny, loyal, and driven. we can get philosophical and then polish off a nice cabernet.. and then i can swoon over their many completed projects whilst inadvertently drooling on the unfinished drawing in front of me..

ENFP - charming and personable enough to get me out of my introvert shell. always fun discussing anything and everything... sweet, genuine, and entertaining folks with a penchant to have a great time..what's not to like? ah, so they can be a bit scattered. i can too!

INTP - endless banter imminent. every topic can and will be dissected, until our heads damn near explode, much to our amusement. we can raeg together about how badly current social systems fail, suggest lofty solutions, then get bored and go head to head in a nice long game of CIV. i love when they get angrily indignant, too. it's precious. (you guys know that, right? sorry! )

INTJ - talk about love/hate. ah, so admirable and yet so amusingly dichotomised to me. never boring..always challenging. i like it. at least i think i do.. (waits for INTJ backlash)

ENTP - i know you have a soft side! mwahaha.

i know more people of these types and find them most attractive in the general sense of the word.. i think ISTP and ISFP would also be good choices for me, but i don't know enough of these types to be certain.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Every time you don't vote INTJ, a baby seal dies ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every time you don't vote INTJ, a baby seal dies ;)

How else am I supposed to get my new jacket?

(I already put one infor INTJ, though)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I suppose it's nice that my response made you smile. The trouble with me dating an INTJ is first I have to find one within my effective range, then I have to be presentable as someone she'd want. The first is the biggest trouble I'm having, but the second is just a crap shoot like everything else in life - I hope I don't roll snake eyes...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I suppose it's nice that my response made you smile. The trouble with me dating an INTJ is first I have to find one within my effective range, then I have to be presentable as someone she'd want. The first is the biggest trouble I'm having, but the second is just a crap shoot like everything else in life - I hope I don't roll snake eyes...

It's true, we can be a little hard to find and snare :( But if you do spot one of us, you have surprise on your side, you can just sneak up to us and say "Heywannagotodinnerwithme?"
You might be surprised how effective it is :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes i do. aren't i a lucky girl?;)

:threaten:
:D
=^.^=

It's true, we can be a little hard to find and snare :( But if you do spot one of us, you have surprise on your side, you can just sneak up to us and say "Heywannagotodinnerwithme?"
You might be surprised how effective it is :D

I'm somewhat suspicious of that suggestion to start. Regardless of that, how am I to tell she's INTJ to start with, and how am I to know she's not already on her way to hide from the world?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm somewhat suspicious of that suggestion to start. Regardless of that, how am I to tell she's INTJ to start with, and how am I to know she's not already on her way to hide from the world?

Read up on the how to identify an NT threads, I suppose. And if you accidentally catch an INTP or an INFJ by mistake, you'll probably be alright :)

We're not totally opposed to getting to know people. When people ask me out I often say yes just out of curiosity. The standard asking out format ("hey my name is x and I think you're awesome/lovely/reading a great book. you wanna meet for dinner on y day at z time?") should guarantee that even if they are running back to their lair, they have time to think about it.

Besides, even when you had no eyebrows you weren't a bad looking guy :D