• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni and clairvoyance?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some things are true whether you believe them or not.
Some things are true whether they can be proven or not.

It is my opinion, people who have a hard time accepting premonitions,
visions, psychic abilty, are those who have an immense amount of personal insecurity to begin with.

The unknown, unexplainable, scares the shit out of them.
That makes them closed-minded cowards.

I can definitely see that being true...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think there is much more in the world and in humans that we don't understand at this point. The science is a new religion and what the science doesn't believe, cannot be true. But, as we all know, the world was a pancake few hundred years ago and now it's proven to be something else. We all know that.

I mean (almost) anything is possible. I mean for the clairvoyance too. It is possible but I don't know if it really happens because I don't have the experience. But it can be possible. If I don't know, it doesn't mean that it couldn't be. If the scientist haven't proved it, it doensn't mean that it couldn't be. If the world doesn't know it or believe, it doesn't mean that it couldn't be.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm NFP not NFJ.

I'll bet there are people on this forum who are considered to be clairvoyant, now whether they are willing to tell you or others is another matter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm NFP not NFJ.

I'll bet there are people on this forum who are considered to be clairvoyant, now whether they are willing to tell you or others is another matter.

Finally someone who is clever ;)

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm NFP not NFJ.

I found out a person is more likely to publicly admit being sexually molested than having a psychic experience. Seems absurd at first, but when you think about it, it makes sense. The most common reaction you get from people when admitting being sexually molested is usually just sympathy, the reaction you get from claiming you had a psychic experience is volatile resistance.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
but it's not widely accepted in the field of science

I really hate this type of extroverted thinking, what difference does it make on the validity of the claim if alot of people believe in it or not. If it's true then it's true regardless of how many individuals support it, going back to the flat earth story over and over, wasn't the flat earth theory the one that was widely accepted? And as we all know it was the wrong theory. Knowing this, what makes you think being widely accepted means being correct?

On another note there is another theory on our planet you guys are probably not aware of, the hollow earth theory. It seems there is a ringing bell effect on the earth when we record earthquakes. We've only drilled like what 7 miles towards the core of the earth? This would completely f up the molten core theory, so naturally there's alot of resistance.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I found out a person is more likely to publicly admit being sexually molested than having a psychic experience. Seems absurd at first, but when you think about it, it makes sense. The most common reaction you get from people when admitting being sexually molested is usually just sympathy, the reaction you get from claiming you had a psychic experience is volatile resistance.

That may be true. In my personal case, I've never been sexually molested. I have had LOTS of psychic and deeper experiences of various types. I just usually don't post them in the NF section since I'm not sure people want to read them here. In the religion thread I will though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, I think a number of people have described their "psychic" or other experiences to me, but no one has ever mentioned sexual abuse. I could just seem more open to listening to people???

To clarify: I'm not trying to refute your assertion. I very much see your point in general. I'm just saying that IME its not gone that way. I''m not your average Joe though...

Jaguar

but it's not widely accepted in the field of science

You didn't even read the article.
It was a link, not my personal comment.

There is 60 seconds between the time of my post and yours.
Don't even try and tell me you read the article.

Open your mind, if you have one.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Also, I think a number of people have described their "psychic" or other experiences to me, but no one has ever mentioned sexual abuse. I could just seem more open to listening to people???

To clarify: I'm not trying to refute your assertion. I very much see your point in general. I'm just saying that IME its not gone that way. I''m not your average Joe though...

You are kind of running on the assumption that every person who has been sexually molested also has had psychic experiences.

Maybe the people you speak of wern't sexually abused? Or perhaps you could of brought up the subject causing it to be exposed early, or I'm sure it depends on the individual as well. but you get the point.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You didn't even read the article.
It was a link, not my personal comment.

There is 60 seconds between the time of my post and yours.
Don't even try and tell me you read the article.

Open your mind, if you have one.

I didn't read it and you probably didn't read my previous post. ;)

I am open mided for every possibility. ;)

Jaguar

Actually, yes I did read your prior post.
Which is exactly why your second post contradicted your first.
If that's your idea of humor, no one is laughing.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

I think you are open minded but that was some lazy logic when you sorta contradicted yourself. Don't feel bad though, it's not exactly your strong point ;)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually, yes I did read your prior post.
Which is exactly why your second post contradicted your first.
If that's your idea of humor, no one is laughing.

But what I was saying that it's not scientifically proven yet so it's not videly accepted. I didn't say it's not possible. I would love to see that there is more things in this life, things that we don't know yet.

I'm very happy that there are some scientists who are exploring the possibilities. :)

I think we're only misunderstanding each other here. I'm sorry if I offended you. Wasn't my purpose. I'm not here to argue, because I don't like arguing. I can tell my own opinoin and that is all.

No humour involved in there what I wrote. Honesty, I didn't read the article, but I promise I'll do that next.

I'm disappointed how soon everything new is put down in the field of science. With these kind of stuff it requires so much evidence that it's almost impossible to prove it right to those who strongly object it.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think you are open minded but that was some lazy logic when you sorta contradicted yourself. Don't feel bad though, it's not exactly your strong point ;)

Kind of feels you are mocking my logic here. Don't know how to react on that one, so I decide to:
Lol, I know. I'm lazy in writing my thougts down too. :D
But you didn't probably realize what I was trying to say because I was lazy explaining it.

I'm trying to explain my "logic" to you about this subject:

My first post - Jaugars post: made me thinkg the fact that it's almost impossible to prove these things to be fact for the people very sceptic - made me think of this document I saw of a English man who was claimed to see the future in his dreams - who was tested ´by a psychologist who did experimental studies about this kind of things - and no matter how scientifically significant the results of studies were of this man - the results were still turned down by other scientists.

so, the my comment was due to frustration on the development on experimental study on thigs we don't know yet.

Edit: I read the artice. It's good that they are studying the subject more and more.

Last edited:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Kind of feels you are mocking my logic here. Don't know how to react on that one, so I decide to:
Lol, I know. I'm lazy in writing my thougts down too. :D
But you didn't probably realize what I was trying to say because I was lazy explaining it.

I'm trying to explain my "logic" to you about this subject:

My first post - Jaugars post: made me thinkg the fact that it's almost impossible to prove these things to be fact for the people very sceptic - made me think of this document I saw of a English man who was claimed to see the future in his dreams - who was tested my a psychologist who did experimental studies about this kind of things - and no matter how scientifically significant the results of studies were of this man - the results were still turned down my other scientists.

so, the my comment was due to frustration on the development on experimental study on thigs we don't know yet.

Yea you are right, there is quite a bit of technological suppression, fueled by skepticism + (IMO) conspiracy.

I think this is one of the last frontiers of technology we are reaching, ourselves... our bodies are the ultimate machines, and our psionic capabilities are like magic. "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke.

edit: I wasn't trying to mock you, you just made it sound like you refuse to believe it because the masses don't. now I get what you meant after you clarified the reason for that remark.