• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni and clairvoyance?

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This thread's title should have a subscript: Lawl. :D

But more seriously, I feel like every time I observe things, I am almost able to foretell what will happen. Like a little while ago I was watching Jeopardy, and I guessed that a woman would end up with a total of something with a 4, 0, and a 1. I didn't expect it to actually happen, but the weird thing was that those numbers just popped into my head. Next thing you know you see her total and she has 4,001! I also guessed that the guy would end up with a total of something with a 3 and two 5's and guess what? He ended up with total of 3551 or something!

And I just read up that Ni has to do with having a sense of the future. I'm wondering if any other people with Ni, have felt this or have had experiences like this, luls.

edit: I'm not suggesting I'm actually clairvoyant, just an idea. :jew:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think that's scientifically impossible. I think it can be explained like a synchronous data error between reality and your perception of it. I know the feeling too.

The mind is a so utterly complex apparatus and I dont trust its function to be properly under my control.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that's scientifically impossible. I think it can be explained like a synchronous data error between reality and your perception of it. I know the feeling too.

The mind is a so utterly complex apparatus and I dont trust its function to be properly under my control.

I disagree. I think theres a lot more to the insight of the Ni doms than a twinge in the hippocampus. There are times when they really do seem to make really profound predictions on a situation with very very limited information. Now it may just be a kind of suped-up logic, but I think theres something about the deeply instinctual understanding or impressions that they get that borders on supernatural.

I appreciate your skepticism though, and would think youd be able to at least entertain the idea that just because something falls outside of the domain of what science can explain currently doesnt mean that it will forever.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The problem is basically my understanding of the entropy to believe in it.

The chances to predict the future to the point are astronomically high, yet not impossible. True (phrased that wrong).

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Metaphours, are you sure you aren't INFJ? ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Metaphours, are you sure you aren't INFJ? ;)

No :)

I'll explain myself: imagine you got a room filled with air. then in all 3-dimensional axises there are molecules and that's called space. Every molecule moves into a direction, thats called impulse. Then there are areas where are more or less molecules, that's relative density. And where is density, there is of course pressure.

If you take all these four namely, space, impulse, density and pressure into one equation, you get a first glimpse to be able to count how many possibilities there are that the molecules could behave/occupy in the room.
That's called the phase of space, or phase space.

The calculation of how many possible phase spaces there are, results in the value of the Entropy. So the Entropy is a measurement for how many different phase spaces a (and now comes the important part) closed system can inhibit.

in the example I was talking about a room, but reality aint a room. And if you advance to the next level of physics, namely quantum physics, you will get to know that even all molecules on earth are constantly being affected by around 60 molecules of radiation coming from space per second.

That's called the cosmic microwave background radiation that doesnt influence solid matter, but different frequency of waves. For example if you switch on a television and only have white noise, you see deeply into the universe at that moment, cause its caused by the radiation.

If you take all that variables into account and if you look at the Entropy on a quantum physical level too, you get a chance of rightly predicting the future that is astronomically high. So high I barely think the human mind could take it ever.
---
What is tho possible is that out of a line of experience or events experienced in the past, one could in a familiar situation or in a non-familiar situation from familiar experience derive what is going to happen.

That's discussable, but doesnt fall into my field of expertise :)

Jaguar

Some things are true whether you believe them or not.
Some things are true whether they can be proven or not.

It is my opinion, people who have a hard time accepting premonitions,
visions, psychic abilty, are those who have an immense amount of personal insecurity to begin with.

The unknown, unexplainable, scares the shit out of them.
That makes them closed-minded cowards.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
visions, psychic abilty, are those who have an immense amount of personal insecurity to begin with.

I am sorry but I find that connection rather dumb.

Jaguar

^ I knew that would be your response. Lol.
As my Dad used to say to my Mother: "Like a fish to the bait."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ass :)

I tho am intrested to hear about clairevoyance from a psychological standpoint and I am intrested to listen to your ideas.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some things are true whether you believe them or not.
Some things are true whether they can be proven or not.

well done!

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I must say, I'm with entropie on this one. For the same reason I don't believe in fairies etc. I don't think it makes me close-minded.
I've seen no proof of the concept, therefore remaining skeptic is the obvious thing to do.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I must say, I'm with entropie on this one. For the same reason I don't believe in fairies etc. I don't think it makes me close-minded.
I've seen no proof of the concept, therefore remaining skeptic is the obvious thing to do.

Are you sure you're an INFP? ;)

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

I can't really get on board with that either. I'm not all that open the possibility of vision, premonitions, and psychic ability only because I've seen more evidence of it being a sleight of hand parlor trick used to manipulate people or rip them off more than I've seen evidence of it being real. You put those who claim ESP, psychic abilities, etc. into a controlled environment and MUCH MUCH more often than not, they're proven to be frauds.

I don't think my skepticism about it makes me a coward or insecure. I'd love to believe a lot of those sorts of things could actually happen, but upon looking at cold hard evidence in front of me, I really don't. Not closing my mind to future proof, but as it stands, it's just not there for me.

I'll have dreams sometimes that seem to repeat themselves in real life, or these odd little coincidences happen that seem too weird to be just an accident, but I just don't believe it has anything to do with anything supernatural. I would investigate psychological or physiological explanations before I would consider the idea of supernatural phenomena. That's just me though, the boring realist. It's fun to IMAGINE those possibilities, but for me to really adopt a conscious belief in them is not my deal.

Oh, and I think the unknown scares the shit out of the majority of people on the planet, just in different capacities. As far as I can see anyway.

Jaguar

Here's a pillow babe, hide your head.
The boogie man might get you.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you sure you're an INFP? ;)

I fit there, yes. :D

Believe me, I'm open, but I naturally approach things with skepticism. Now I'm not saying anything's impossible, but right now, I just don't see it.