User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I found out a person is more likely to publicly admit being sexually molested than having a psychic experience. Seems absurd at first, but when you think about it, it makes sense. The most common reaction you get from people when admitting being sexually molested is usually just sympathy, the reaction you get from claiming you had a psychic experience is volatile resistance.
    That may be true. In my personal case, I've never been sexually molested. I have had LOTS of psychic and deeper experiences of various types. I just usually don't post them in the NF section since I'm not sure people want to read them here. In the religion thread I will though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, I think a number of people have described their "psychic" or other experiences to me, but no one has ever mentioned sexual abuse. I could just seem more open to listening to people???

To clarify: I'm not trying to refute your assertion. I very much see your point in general. I'm just saying that IME its not gone that way. I''m not your average Joe though...

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    but it's not widely accepted in the field of science

You didn't even read the article.
    It was a link, not my personal comment.

There is 60 seconds between the time of my post and yours.
    Don't even try and tell me you read the article.

Open your mind, if you have one.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Also, I think a number of people have described their "psychic" or other experiences to me, but no one has ever mentioned sexual abuse. I could just seem more open to listening to people???

To clarify: I'm not trying to refute your assertion. I very much see your point in general. I'm just saying that IME its not gone that way. I''m not your average Joe though...

You are kind of running on the assumption that every person who has been sexually molested also has had psychic experiences.

Maybe the people you speak of wern't sexually abused? Or perhaps you could of brought up the subject causing it to be exposed early, or I'm sure it depends on the individual as well. but you get the point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You didn't even read the article.
    It was a link, not my personal comment.

There is 60 seconds between the time of my post and yours.
    Don't even try and tell me you read the article.

Open your mind, if you have one.
    I didn't read it and you probably didn't read my previous post.

I am open mided for every possibility.

Actually, yes I did read your prior post.
    Which is exactly why your second post contradicted your first.
    If that's your idea of humor, no one is laughing.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I think you are open minded but that was some lazy logic when you sorta contradicted yourself. Don't feel bad though, it's not exactly your strong point

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Actually, yes I did read your prior post.
    Which is exactly why your second post contradicted your first.
    If that's your idea of humor, no one is laughing.
    But what I was saying that it's not scientifically proven yet so it's not videly accepted. I didn't say it's not possible. I would love to see that there is more things in this life, things that we don't know yet.

I'm very happy that there are some scientists who are exploring the possibilities.

I think we're only misunderstanding each other here. I'm sorry if I offended you. Wasn't my purpose. I'm not here to argue, because I don't like arguing. I can tell my own opinoin and that is all.

No humour involved in there what I wrote. Honesty, I didn't read the article, but I promise I'll do that next.

I'm disappointed how soon everything new is put down in the field of science. With these kind of stuff it requires so much evidence that it's almost impossible to prove it right to those who strongly object it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I think you are open minded but that was some lazy logic when you sorta contradicted yourself. Don't feel bad though, it's not exactly your strong point
    Kind of feels you are mocking my logic here. Don't know how to react on that one, so I decide to:
    Lol, I know. I'm lazy in writing my thougts down too.
    But you didn't probably realize what I was trying to say because I was lazy explaining it.

I'm trying to explain my "logic" to you about this subject:

My first post - Jaugars post: made me thinkg the fact that it's almost impossible to prove these things to be fact for the people very sceptic - made me think of this document I saw of a English man who was claimed to see the future in his dreams - who was tested by a psychologist who did experimental studies about this kind of things - and no matter how scientifically significant the results of studies were of this man - the results were still turned down by other scientists.

so, the my comment was due to frustration on the development on experimental study on thigs we don't know yet.

Edit: I read the artice. It's good that they are studying the subject more and more.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 08-07-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: typo corrected

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Kind of feels you are mocking my logic here. Don't know how to react on that one, so I decide to:
    Lol, I know. I'm lazy in writing my thougts down too.
    But you didn't probably realize what I was trying to say because I was lazy explaining it.

I'm trying to explain my "logic" to you about this subject:

My first post - Jaugars post: made me thinkg the fact that it's almost impossible to prove these things to be fact for the people very sceptic - made me think of this document I saw of a English man who was claimed to see the future in his dreams - who was tested my a psychologist who did experimental studies about this kind of things - and no matter how scientifically significant the results of studies were of this man - the results were still turned down my other scientists.

so, the my comment was due to frustration on the development on experimental study on thigs we don't know yet.
    Yea you are right, there is quite a bit of technological suppression, fueled by skepticism + (IMO) conspiracy.

I think this is one of the last frontiers of technology we are reaching, ourselves... our bodies are the ultimate machines, and our psionic capabilities are like magic. "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke.

edit: I wasn't trying to mock you, you just made it sound like you refuse to believe it because the masses don't. now I get what you meant after you clarified the reason for that remark.