• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Understanding your weaknesses

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yours is almost the opposite, your Se may not be weak, but it is not accurate because you tend to use Te at times to control a situation. Not forcefully control, but to logically lead external situations which keeps you from trusting what you see because what you see may or may not be what would have happened did you not intervene. The more J someone is the faster they act and the less data they have to act. Its a quick fix, but not always the right fix.

Waiting doesnt always cause more harm and sometimes will bring about the real problem by providing more data from perception, but as soon as you act you become part of the problem and skew the original problem. Sometimes taking over is needed as a quick fix to keep the current problem from getting out of hand though.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
But what is a weakness? Is it a disadvantage, or is it simply the bad side of something that would otherwise be good?

That's a really good question. I think weakness is anything that holds your personal evolution. No matter what the particulars are. What does everyone else think?

poki - I understand what you're saying. I have been know to make overly quick (possibly not as thought out) decisions. It's actually something I'm working on thanks to my istp dad who says the same thing about me...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why do people constantly deny their weaknesses? If one can truly understand where a weakness lies, energy can be accurately directed at the source to alleviate it. No one should be afraid to admit ineptitude, for this is the first step in growth and strength. The second, action.

I'm not really sure how to direct a discussion regarding this...I suppose it was more of a pit stop on a meandering thought trail. Despite direction, I would fancy other opinions :yes:
I agree with you.
If we discover what our weak areas are, and acknowledge them,
then we can work on them so they won't be as much of a liability.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a really good question. I think weakness is anything that holds your personal evolution. No matter what the particulars are. What does everyone else think?

poki - I understand what you're saying. I have been know to make overly quick (possibly not as thought out) decisions. It's actually something I'm working on thanks to my istp dad who says the same thing about me...

With I types I noticed it tends to be more with people you are closer with that this tends to show up the most. I know with me the closer I am the harder it is to make a decision when I know its something the other person doesnt like even if its something I really want. I end up giving up what I want or I just keep bringing it up till they make a decision. Its a round about way of getting things without me making a decision.