• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Attraction to EPs

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hola!

I'm just getting over a divorce, and I'm not at the point of dating yet but I'm at the point I'm THINKING about it. I was with my ex for a little over four years, and I don't know his type but I'm pretty sure it was ISTJ or ISTP.

We got along on so many levels, I think I was attracted to his quietness, his vast reserves of knowledge, and wit but in the end he was rather an 'emotional vampire'. It was sort of like he couldn't feel for himself so he felt 'through' me, that sort of thing. He was also not assertive, and passed responsibility off on to others (whether it was me or his family/friends) instead of being able to own his own responsibility for himself.

Not sure if that has anything to do with his type at all, but since I've been getting into all the MBTI stuff, I've had a couple of guys I know do the intake and they've both come back as ESFP.

I find them very attractive. I have another friend I've known for over ten years who is an ESTP, we never did the romance but I definitely had a thing for him back in the day. Upon thinking about it, over the years I've felt way more attracted to louder, spontaneous, go-getter types but I suppose I've felt like I'd make them nuts with all my intense thinking and need for alone time even though I consider myself an animated and enthusiastic person (especially with new adventures!).Still, in my relationship with my ex who was more like me, I felt dragged down, and felt I had to be the one to make everything 'happen' or I would get blamed when nothing happened, if that makes sense.

I'm wondering now if someone more like an EP might be a better fit for me? I suppose I'm asking if any of you fellow NFs have relationships with EP types, and wondering how it works for you?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENXP and INXJ are textbook MBTI matches. I get along well with INFJs and I think a woman I dated was INFJ. It went along much less dramatically then with the INFPs I have dated. I also get along well with a long-time ISTJ friend. I think there is a complementary grounding with the EP/IJ pairing. One of my old roommates is supposedly ENFP (I refuse to accept it! LOL) and she was super hyper to the point it was annoying for me and other roommates (INFP, another alleged ENFP, and me ENFP - again I can't believe three ENFP women just happened to live together but that's how people scored on the MBT test). But, that ENFP got along great with the new super calm, collected INXJ roommate who had just moved in.

From observation, I think with an ENXP they are more likely to drive you crazy with their hyperactive Ne and random-ness then they would get "tired" of you.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both ENFPs and ENTPs have loads of patience and tend to find the INFJ quirkiness and intensity endearing.

Sorry about your divorce! I hope it was amicable for both your sakes.

revolve

hey gloriana!
ENFP female here who is currently seeing an INFJ, after being married to an ISFP (i was with ISFP for 9 years) and so I can really relate to your post trememdously. I myself got really into myers briggs during the last 2 years of my marriage when i wasn't very happy & was seeking "answers" . . . when i learned about the INFJ it was like an epiphany weird / soulful experience. . . "eureka! - that is the person I have always been looking for . . . now i have a name for this "vision" of my ideal mate . . . how lovely!") . . . so anyways I had a fierce crush on a coworker & was hoping to god that he was NOT an INFJ because I was still married & was aware of just how rare it is to find a male INFJ . . . well he was an INFJ alright . . . and now we are finally seeing each other after I got all my personal poopy sad yuck marriage business & grieving out of the way.

so my advice to you gloriana - find some ENFPs because they will absolutely be mesmerized by you & you will connect on the oh so important "N" . . .

and sorry to talk so much about myself but i thought it was relevant somehow / maybe not . . . but yeah . . . ENFP all the way:)

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
No relationship experience with an EP. I did have a girl come into my store that I'm pretty sure was an ENFP a couple months ago. I had to stay behind the register to hide the fact that I was attracted to her. :D Nothing sexual about what we were talking about. Hell... we were talking about memory cards. She was just so dang full of life it was amazing. I doubt you'll have the same problem but thought I'd add my two cents (and more)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You might just be going for what is extremely different from what you've had to compensate. ESFPs fit that bill after being with an I.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm typically attracted to EP's because of the exciting, spontaneous, fun loving nature we share.

As for you being an INFJ, your intense, withdrawn thinking periods followed by sharing these thoughts is who you are. Find someone who wants to listen and is interested in these thoughts. Just a guess but it's probably going to be an N. I know a couple INFJ's and I probably converse better with the two I know than with anyone else of any other type.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
EP's are attractive, but they'll raid your fridge and liquor cabinet.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whyyy? you got somethin good in there? let me look....

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think personally knowing you that you would probably like a ESFP because he would show you the parts of people you like. Tell me if im wrong though. Im just guessing.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
ExFPs give great hugs! as long as they don't eat the last cookie or drink the last beer, i'll let 'em raid my stash anytime.

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
ENTP-INFJ is incredible. We've been married 22 years and although some of them have been pretty stormy, the rest have been absolutely wonderful! Even when things were bad, it still always felt like we were partners, like we belonged together and needed each other.