User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah I find INFJs to be good appreciators of humor. Out of the Js, I think xNFJs might be the most well-humored, on average.
    Awesome
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

We are all individuals; we are all unique.

I've read countless ESTP descriptions, many of them even male-centric. Each of them correctly identifies part of my disposition, and each of them has one or (many) more inaccuracies about me.

But, if I were to nix all the wrong stuff and merge all the correct stuff into one big ESTP profile that attempted to peg me and my ways, it would be closer than all of the partly flawed ones ever would be on their own, but it still would not be Halla-ESTP-me.

I think these types of things are useful for personal reflection, study of the various implementations of the theory, but they should not be used to form pre-conceived value judgements about oter people. I've said this time and time again, here and elsewhere, anyone who chooses to wield stereotypes against others CANNOT PISS AND MOAN when others cast stereotypes at them. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Keep an open mind, keep your mouth shut, and listen to people for a while if you want to get to know them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I've been exploring around here and wondered if any of you feel pigeonholed with your type on here?
    I did once. Then the pigeons kicked me out for allegedly violating their standards by putting a tarp over my car.

So...no, not really.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Halla, seriously, do you eat "Wisdom Flakes" for breakfast every morning or something? Damn you're good!!!

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    I did once. Then the pigeons kicked me out for allegedly violating their standards by putting a tarp over my car.

So...no, not really.
    Not to stereotype pigeons, but they're always SUCH fascists.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Not to stereotype pigeons, but they're always SUCH fascists.
    Indeed. Since then I've been wary of pigeonholes with Hole Moaner's Associations.

What Halla said. But stereotypes seem to happen, and I make them too. So the one's that annoyed me in the past were the intelligence one: not expected to be scientifically minded (though I think most NTs realised they were mistaking us for ESFPs), and the laziness one (though it isn't really a stereotype but a perspective, and there is some truth to the minimise work maximise profit part ).
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

If someone says something negative about my type, I wouldn't really care. It's not like they're attacking me personally. I would get agitated if someone said something along the lines of, "As shown by Cenomite, an ENTP once again blah blah blah" though, since that's more of a personal attack. [Oh lawd I feel like I just set myself up]

Also, some stereotypes are indeed true for the majority. MBTI is pretty much based off of generalizations. For example "someone who prefers thinking to feeling, intuition to sensing, and perceiving to judging and is also extroverted will exhibited these characteristics". It's all one big generalization.

People don't seem to mind the generalizations when they're positive though, only when they're negative.

People who get really worked up over type stereotypes might be afraid that they're guilty of them?
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.