• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's: What is your sure-fire stress reliever?

Ouroboros

MBTI Type
INFP
Really loud classical music, chocolate, sky-watching, and Eddie Izzard.

ETA: I forgot to say that I don't get stressed very often at all, so I do forget how much I enjoy being immersed in something like a cello concerto. I do the other things regularly, so I don't just use them when I'm stressed out.

Not saying Eddie Izzard is a thing. Also not saying that I do him...

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Really loud classical music, chocolate, sky-watching, and Eddie Izzard.

ETA: I forgot to say that I don't get stressed very often at all, so I do forget how much I enjoy being immersed in something like a cello concerto. I do the other things regularly, so I don't just use them when I'm stressed out.

Not saying Eddie Izzard is a thing. Also not saying that I do him...

LOVE EDDIE IZZARD!

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
Free Cell (yes, the computer card game)
Cleaning (the more stressed I am, the cleaner my house gets)
Bubble bath with candles
Creative writing
Art projects, especially with clay that you can pound, cut, beat, smash- lol
Yoga
Shopping
Music

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
painting; writing, anything really once, I get in the zone I can shut every thing out and it's just me and my imaginition; kicking back with close friends, over drinkies, taking the piss out of everything...belly laughs; Sex does do it, releases muscle tension, but isn't always accessable; have to admit this, but yeah, pot does it for me too, but when I'm being a responsible citizen, not an option; Listening to calming music; mediation if I can wind down my mind enough to do it; lying back on on a grassy patch watching the clouds go by or star gazing if on evening shift; allowing myself to day dream; nanna naps etc etc.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* Listening to music

* Exercise such as yoga, cardio etc/meditation

* One of those really hot aromatherapy Bubble Baths :wubbie: with my favorite music followed by a heated neck wrap *long and peaceful sigh*

* Cleaning while music is playing usually is relaxing.

* Sipping on a Mojito always is a rare and super yummy treat :D

* Talking with a good friend only after i've got "me" time to recenter after the stress.

* Sipping some Hot cocoa to warm me up at the end of the day is
always a soothing treat.

* Usually love to just be outside listening to all the sounds i hear from nature or people. Some reason it soothes me. I'll just be there. Animal/Cloud watching is a fun way to reflect while doing something laid back.

* Also helps sometimes to reevaluate where i'm headed internally via Reflection on my values/Principles as to remind myself that there is purpose in my actions. ^ Meditation helps with this alot of the times.

* Of course a mega biggy is to be alone while recovering from any stress.
This may take longer depending on how stressed I am and how long it takes to get in the relaxation zone if you will.

* One more thing. Massage indeed, I swear everytime I get a massage especially at my shoulders/back I melt
like butter and just am in total heaven. It releases so much tension when it's done right that I could
just stay there forever.

These things usually help me shut off from the world and it's demands to recenter myself. If I don't do any of these especially reevaluating my life purpose to remind myself where I'm headed and being alone I notice I get a tad bit crabby XD.

:hug:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wonder...ESFJs probably.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
#1 sex
#2 biking down a long steep hill while blasting Ramnstein in my ears
#3 blowing shit up in a video game that lets me blow shit up

A

A window to the soul

• Listening to music.
  • Cruising around in my Mustang GT.
  • Doing something outdoors (away from crowds of crazy people).

EDIT: and Ramnstein rocks! :)
#2 biking down a long steep hill while blasting Ramnstein in my ears

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
  • Listening to music.
  • Cruising around in my Mustang GT.
  • Doing something outdoors (away from crowds of crazy people).

EDIT: and Ramnstein rocks! :)

Damn! What's your number? ;)

Withnail

MBTI Type
INFP
Long walks on the beach, writing, music, laughter, and meth.

Lots of meth.

Beorn

Permabanned
I wonder...ESFJs probably.

lol... I can't think of anything more stress inducing. My mother is an esfj.

Music
Trail running in the mountains
Sharing a meal with my brother and his wife (they have a beautiful home and make delicious healthy meals... he's isfp and she's an argentine estj)
Having a a beer with one or two very close friends in a quiet pub or bar
Taking communion with my brother and his wife (they are the only family that live near me)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I am not just stressed, but existentially strained, I watch "Lost in Translation" and that always does the trick. It's just this bastion of calm claustrophobia reaching out for human touch that works on a lot of levels...

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I call my vocally gifted friend to sing to me :D

I eat my pain away

I write furious rants

When it comes to my mind dwelling on past and future I do things that bring me back to the present and ground me in my experience. For example I will take a raisin and I will concentrate on its various wrinkles, I will rub it against my skin, I will taste it, etc. Call me crazy but it works for me!