User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i appreciate the avatar
    Thanks, always thought yours was pretty.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i appreciate the avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Thanks, always thought yours was pretty.
    You're giving him attention...

MBTI
    enfp

after a while, getting a lot of attention just brings headaches

it ends up eating up so much of your time, you can't do other things, like school, work, etc... maybe its more important for me cus im a guy.

but either way, i just prioritize the attention. its really easy to lose someone you wanna get close to bc you spread your attention too thin.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You're giving him attention...

Haha, ironically, yeah. It's an honest need. *shrug*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Is it possible for you to be interested in other people? Their lives? Their thoughts? Do these things interest you beyond collecting information and using it to make them like you?

The other branch that you may want to explore is, what is it about attention that you like? Why do you need it? What do you do with it?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I also get bored if I'm not part of the conversation, but it's not that I want attention per se. Being an extroverted communicator and relying heavily on Ne, I just have a lot of things to say. It doesn't mean I don't listen or that I really want attention. Fuzz, are you sure that you are seeking attention really or are you just hearing all the introverted people tell you that you are?

I've been told by introverts that I just want attention when I merely want to be a part of the conversation. And that does not mean I'm not listening to other people. It's probably as (un)healthy as those who shy away from the conversation/spotlight...

However, if you feel you have a serious problem try to respond to only 25% of topics at first until you feel comfortable adding a little bit more. And then go and get yourself a Geisha who will always laugh at your stupid jokes. Problem solved.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's nothing wrong with liking attention.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I also get bored if I'm not part of the conversation, but it's not that I want attention per se. Being an extroverted communicator and relying heavily on Ne, I just have a lot of things to say. It doesn't mean I don't listen or that I really want attention. Fuzz, are you sure that you are seeking attention really or are you just hearing all the introverted people tell you that you are?

I've been told by introverts that I just want attention when I merely want to be a part of the conversation. And that does not mean I'm not listening to other people. It's probably as (un)healthy as those who shy away from the conversation/spotlight...

However, if you feel you have a serious problem try to respond to only 25% of topics at first until you feel comfortable adding a little bit more. And then go and get yourself a Geisha who will always laugh at your stupid jokes. Problem solved.
    Sha-Boo-Yah

I just messaged you on this, lol. This is something I've noticed on my own--and I'm not entirely sure if it's unhealthy. I just have a problem being patient when nobody is talking to me. I hate sitting quietly in a room full of people when I'm not a part of any particular conversation. I'll usually go find the introverts who hid themselves in the kitchen and chat them up. This is harder when there's only like three of us and I suddenly find myself locked out of a conversation...you could say it's rude to do that to me, but at the same time, I believe other people have the right to talk about whatever they want, even if I'm excluded from the conversation for a period of time. Eventually, I've discovered, my friends will bring me back into it when they've realized I've been uninvolved (especially because me being quiet is weird).

Also, I've found, the bigger the crowd, the more I'll struggle to insert myself somewhere into a conversation, or be obnoxious (as I've recently self-discovered) until somebody pays attention to me so I can start one (which might be on the line, if not over, but it really depends on the crowd, this I am learning.)
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Is it possible for you to be interested in other people? Their lives? Their thoughts? Do these things interest you beyond collecting information and using it to make them like you?

The other branch that you may want to explore is, what is it about attention that you like? Why do you need it? What do you do with it?
    Dude, just because I like to be a part of a conversation (and thus have a little attention) doesn't mean I don't actually care about the people I'm talking to!

I love my friends! That's why I want to talk to them. I do want to know about their thoughts and lives and how they are doing.

Honestly though, there are friends, people I only moderately care about, and there are best friends--people I deeply care about...so there are levels to wanting to know what goes on. Sometimes I just want a shallow conversation too.

I want to be loved. I guess that's the bottom line. I feels like I'm cared about when I talk with my peeps and that's a great feeling.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Dude, just because I like to be a part of a conversation (and thus have a little attention) doesn't mean I don't actually care about the people I'm talking to!

I love my friends! That's why I want to talk to them. I do want to know about their thoughts and lives and how they are doing.

Honestly though, there are friends, people I only moderately care about, and there are best friends--people I deeply care about...so there are levels to wanting to know what goes on. Sometimes I just want a shallow conversation too.

I want to be loved. I guess that's the bottom line. I feels like I'm cared about when I talk with my peeps and that's a great feeling.
    Well, it was coming off to me that you wanted to be the center of attention in any conversation. So when someone else had the spotlight, you quickly grew annoyed or felt like you were in pain. This can cause a problem with people who need to feel like they are being heard before they will listen to you.

And as an ENFJ I sort of assume you love people. It's sort of an ENFJ defining characteristic! Can you use your love for people to reframe your mind a bit? So instead of feeling cheated when someone else has the limelight, you feel gifted to see someone else share their mind. That may help temper things a bit.