User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

I definitely think you're an INFP.

I don't think you're annoyed, just probably being your normal self.

If I seem defensive to you, it's only because you don't know me and if you did, then you would know that I don't roll that way. I just said what I thought, that's all.

As far as I'm concerned, you see it your way. I see it mine. Nuff said. I will now leave this thread in peace, baby
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well then, perhaps Jung would have thought me an Fe type. If you can't make type conform to the person, conform the person to type.
    Nah, no conformity. Fi is a theoretical pole. Attempting to fit the entireity of a person into it, or project the entireity of it onto a person, will often be a fruitless endeavour, given the dynamicism of human cognitive abilities. You must observe the qualities of the individual first and foremost.

To clarify, my concern is that people all to often fall into this shoehorn categorization, and it's far far removed from how the scope of the theory originated.

Don't you just love it when a necro'd thread becomes Frankenstein's monster? I do.

Most of these answers are good but I will raise objection with INFJ = anthropologist argument. Both INFPs and INFJs would be outsiders in a group for different reasons. INFPs have reasons for doing things which would be removed from others and thus would be (at least in part) not part of the clique or group. "You walk amongst them but you are not one of them" is usually the state of affairs.

Before seeing who wrote the post I was about to ask whether the author had even heard of cognitive functions. Some were very suspect including a) INFPs not having internal structure to measure new information against (?) and b) INFPs making a final stance and expecting to be done with it (What about Ne?)

It has got "outside observer" written all over it. Unless you're working in possibilities it helps to get insights and evidence before making statements.

brainheart

Ugh, so much of what people say is INFP vs INFJ varies with enneagram and instinct stacking. A social 9 infp is going to 'appear' like more of a Fe user while a sp/sx 4 infj is going to seem more Fi.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Before seeing who wrote the post I was about to ask whether the author had even heard of cognitive functions. Some were very suspect including a) INFPs not having internal structure to measure new information against (?) and b) INFPs making a final stance and expecting to be done with it (What about Ne?)

It has got "outside observer" written all over it. Unless you're working in possibilities it helps to get insights and evidence before making statements.
    i don't necessarily agree with her. just found it interesting, albeit highly conjectural

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Ugh, so much of what people say is INFP vs INFJ varies with enneagram and instinct stacking. A social 9 infp is going to 'appear' like more of a Fe user while a sp/sx 4 infj is going to seem more Fi.
    I am a 4w5 sp/sx that may have been mistyped as INFP for this reason. I trust my enneagram far more than my MB test results

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Exactly! Ergo - behaviour is not a predictor of type.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I also put a little more stock in socionics. I can say with 97% confidence i am IEI. I've never felt such a high level of confidence in determining my MBTI