User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Make a decent politically incorrect or raunchy joke and an INFJ will either pretend it didn't happen, laugh with an "omg, did he just say that" face, give you a polite chuckle, or give you a quick heads up; while an INFP will either laugh, lash out, or internalize their contempt for you or people like you. INFJs are easier to offend in little incriments (often based on issues of courtesy, social decorum or undermining general societal issues), while INFPs get more intensely offended when you do offend them (usually over something specific that they relate to, associate themselves with, or feel sympathy towards).
    No offense to your ideas or to you personally, but this is just generalized nonsense.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Yep. common sense, courtesy. That's me. Always worried about the comfort of people around me. No joke. Still don't think I'm an INFJ though. The cog functions don't quite sound like my brain's way of working.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Not always, but INFPs tend to be the stereotypical emo kids at school who also like anime. INFJs would be the ones who are friends with a variety of fringe groups, but are not part of them themselves. They're more anthropologists.
    Interesting. According to celebritytypes.com, Ti-Fe types are more universalists... that is, they think people are more or less the same on some level. Te-Fi types think everyone is different and unique. I can see that tying in with the "anthroplogist" thing, and also why my INFP mom somehow thinks I'm a social butterfly. Yeah, I don't see it either.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    9w8

I think, INFJs come out on the stage and pour themselves into creating a better world for others, they smile, they greet, they entertain, they sincerely interact, they say the right things, they show the proper faces, they want to make everyone feel like they are a special person, and then, they pull the curtains and find a quiet place to re-center themselves and prioritize their lives. And when they do this, they only need one thing in return from the rest of the world, enough time alone to recuperate from the energy-giving.

INFPs come quietly into your life and test the waters of your personality to see if you are a real person or a fake one. If you are real, then they invite you into their world when you've shown that you won't belittle them or trivialize the things they hold dear. They share their rich inner selves with you and their playful notions, their wonderlands and they hope that you will be a trustworthy friend. They will do the little things for you that you didn't even know needed to be done and all they usually want in return is to be valued and listened to.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Yep. common sense, courtesy. That's me. Always worried about the comfort of people around me. No joke. Still don't think I'm an INFJ though. The cog functions don't quite sound like my brain's way of working.
    Don't buy into the idea that Fi types lack awareness of others, easy manners, common courtesy or social graces ... eyeroll x1000 every time I see folks espousing such nonsense.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Don't buy into the idea that Fi types lack awareness of others, easy manners, common courtesy or social graces ... eyeroll x1000 every time I see folks espousing such nonsense.
    Jung thought Fi was pretty cold to stuff like that. I think typology has gotten a lot more "I wanna identify with this" and less "let's fix your problems."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I think, INFJs come out on the stage and pour themselves into creating a better world for others, they smile, they greet, they entertain, they sincerely interact, they say the right things, they show the proper faces, they want to make everyone feel like they are a special person, and then, they pull the curtains and find a quiet place to re-center themselves and prioritize their lives. And when they do this, they only need one thing in return from the rest of the world, enough time alone to recuperate from the energy-giving.
    So, since this is how I 'look' to the world, and act in the world, you would call me INFJ? @bold: I 'do' all of these things, yet I am an INFP. Imagine that.

You seem like a powerful, thoughtful, conscientious young woman and I suspect you're not interested in hurting anyone here, yet this kind of post really does do damage to anyone trying to figure out their type. Fi doms can value many things, from individuals to groups to causes ... these passions enable them to outwardly manifest in a myriad of ways in service to the world. Please don't perpetuate the myth that outer behaviour is reflective of inner wiring, it's misleading at best.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Jung thought Fi was pretty cold to stuff like that. I think typology has gotten a lot more "I wanna identify with this" and less "let's fix your problems."
    Well then, perhaps Jung would have thought me an Fe type. If you can't make type conform to the person, conform the person to type.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    9w8

So, since this is how I 'look' to the world, and act in the world, you would call me INFJ? @bold: I 'do' all of these things, yet I am an INFP. Imagine that.

You seem like a powerful, thoughtful, conscientious young woman and I suspect you're not interested in hurting anyone here, yet this kind of post really does do damage to anyone trying to figure out their type. Fi doms can value many things, from individuals to groups to causes ... these passions enable them to outwardly manifest in a myriad of ways in service to the world. Please don't perpetuate the myth that outer behaviour is reflective of inner wiring, it's misleading at best.
    I have no idea what type you are. I really don't know you. I'm only speaking from experiences that I have had with INFPs in my own life. While I'm certain that many may come across as different than what I ascribed to them and that one size never fits all, I can think of five INFPs that I have been or still am close to, and it is only what I see in them that I speak from and the above statements hold true for them. I have no intentions of offending or misleading anyone. I am no expert. I'm just learning. I only offer an opinion, and nothing I have said is fact. So, take it as that, an opinion. Agree or disagree. It doesn't matter. It's only a record of my own observations. For the five INFPs in my life, they all fit the description with similar outward behaviors. You may be an exception to it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Stansmith

How would you describe your brand of Fi?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I have no idea who or what you are. I'm only speaking from experiences that I have had with INFPs in my own life. I can think of five INFPs that I have been or still am close to, and it is only what I see in them that I speak from. I have no intentions of offending or misleading. I offer an opinion, and nothing I have said is fact. So, take it as that, an opinion. Agree or disagree. It doesn't matter. It's only a record of my own observations. For the five INFPs in my life, they all fit the description. You may be an exception to it.
    You are entitled to share your opinion of course. However, your generalized opinion is inaccurate from my vantage point, and I feel it's something worth pointing out. Additionally, it's a generalization I've simply grown weary of. Honestly, I know no INFP's here on the forum who fit your description of testing people to gain access to the inner realm or sorting them into buckets of 'real' or 'fake' people (plus, I hardly know any IRL INFP's at all, but they don't feel like that to me either.) I do recognize that maybe you simply cannot express how you feel in a way I will find accurate or satisfying. This, I can appreciate and understand.

Any annoyance you may read into my post is not directed towards you personally nor do I wish for you to do anything about that. It's about ... how typology fails us. Too bad my post evoked a defensive reaction from you. I was hoping you'd see the point despite being singled out here.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching