User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i'd say at school, INFJs are the go-getting camp counselor types and model UN kids whilst INFPs can be found masquerading in any and every group.. Ironically, I think most of those 'emo' and 'anime kids' are probably just other types romanticizing and masquerading as INFPs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    INFJs tend to be more directive when giving instructions while INFPs tend to describe the situation and expect the hearer will infer what needs to be done.

INFPs have a goofier and very imaginative sense of humour and are more likely to have more gears in between serious and joking modes of communication.
    these i resonate with as being very true!

I already linked this old topic (INFJ vs INFP --which is more forgiving?) in the newer 'INFJs & Forgiveness' thread, however I had made a post in it about how my INFP boyfriend and I differ in our attitudes on forgiveness and it seems relevant here as well (i.e. too lazy to recontribute) :
    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    My first reaction was to choose INFP. However, having dated an INFP for as long as I have --I have found myself rationalizing and ultimately forgiving people that he simply cannot bring himself to based on how he feels.

If "forgiveness" is being likened to "tolerate" then he can withstand the company of those he dislikes longer than I by simply ignoring whatever spills out of their mouth and then staring off into space. But if "forgiveness" means understanding or accepting someone who has done wrong, I am more capable of seeing their P-O-V even if I disagree and just disregarding the social road-bumps I'm unconcerned with.

Arguably, he appears more forgiving than me given his lax demeanor, but if pressed to be honest you'll find he cannot shake his prejudices. Outwardly, I probably seem more unforgiving given my scrutinizing behavior, but if pressed (with points that are valid to me) I can spontaneously make an about-face to the astonishment of my intimates.
    Added note: If you'd really like to get to the nitty gritty differences, feel free to PM me. My INFP boyfriend and I have been friends and together off/on for nearly a decade and we know a great deal about each other. 'Heart' is also a good source of information because she's an INFP married to an INFJ.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i'd say at school, INFJs are the go-getting camp counselor types and model UN kids whilst INFPs can be found masquerading in any and every group.. Ironically, I think most of those 'emo' and 'anime kids' are probably just other types romanticizing and masquerading as INFPs
    Agreed. The emo trend seems very ISFx to me. INFPs are not that open with emotion usually.

Anime is for most any nerd of every type
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

INFPs have a goofier and very imaginative sense of humour and are more likely to have more gears in between serious and joking modes of communication.
    I think INFJ sense of humor depends on current mood and relationship with the person telling the joke. I know my response to someone I'm not friends with joking around with me is usually a blank stare.

Now, if I do feel like joking around...I think the username says it all.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    I think INFJ sense of humor depends on current mood and relationship with the person telling the joke. I know my response to someone I'm not friends with joking around with me is usually a blank stare.

Now, if I do feel like joking around...I think the username says it all.
    it is funny because it sounds very like a member's on this forum who got banned recently...............
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm telling.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Someone should make all girls born, who need to be INFJ blondes and all brunettes INFP. Would make it a lot easier !

But wait, I love Brunettes... bad idea -.-
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    it is funny because it sounds very like a member's on this forum who got banned recently...............
    But I joined even more recently, and this is my first account. I have no relations with that fool.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

INFJs tend to be more directive when giving instructions while INFPs tend to describe the situation and expect the hearer will infer what needs to be done.

INFJs are curious to know how people work and ask questions to flesh out their understanding of a person so they can better prepare for how to deal with them. INFPs tend to take things in as they come without trying to direct the interaction or plug the new details into a preexisting structure in their minds. They are more likely to filter things through the lens of their own personal experiences.

INFPs are often less practical in every day matters and sometimes have a tendancy to avoid dealing with problems. INFJs do that when they are overwhelmed by details, but generally like to face problems more directly.

INFPs are less emotive and appear dispassionate compared to INFJs. However, they are much more passionate under the surface in some regards. INFJs are more emotive, and given the right circumstances passionate express it. While they have layers, they are likely to want someone to understand everything about them inside out. INFPs seem to like some privacy and operate more internally. INFJs need to discuss things with people to organize them in their own minds, while INFPs take in information but do not need people's input the same way to decide how they feel about something.
    I think these ones are more obvious when I compare myself to the INFP's I know.

One other thought: Myself and the INFJ's I know are very active listeners, and will really focus on the other person who is talking, and give feedback or other sorts of cues (head nods, facial expressions, reactions to what they're saying, whatever) to let the other person know we're listening and focusing on what they're saying. I believe this is an element of Fe. One thing I have noticed with the INFP's I know is that when I'm talking, they make very little eye contact and they often aren't looking at me, and are looking down, or around at other things...which to be honest is distracting and makes me think they aren't even listening or paying attention!! It's not that they're not...it's just that it makes it so I don't KNOW whether they are or not. (And the usual caveat that this doesn't mean all INFP's are like this)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ