User Tag List

123 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default The Types in Marital Satisfaction

So, I've read that the ESFP is the second highest of the types in marital satisfaction. The ENTP is next, even though I've heard a lot about them being cheaters. Considering their reputation for being impulsive and "hear and now", that seems strange.

Marriage seems like more of an SJ institution and an NF ideal. How would an SP who lives in "the moment" remain happy in a long-term marriage?

Further, apparently ENFP women are more likely than any other type(according to one study) to have husbands who are unhappy with them in the marriage. Any ideas??

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTPs don't really have a reputation for paying attention to the here and now. We are pretty impulsive, but we don't have a damn clue what's going on around us physically because we're too busy in Never-Never Land.

ESFPs are probably largely happy with their marriages because they:

A) Are not afraid to just lay back and take things one day at a time/don't need any longterm end goal, and
    B) Don't insist on overanalyzing everything to death. The marriage makes me happy right now, so let's go with it!

I also think ESFPs would have an easier time dropping a relationship/marriage that truly was not making them happy, because they won't feel compelled by duty to stick it out the way many IxxJ types might--the fear of changing routine/breaking out of a bad situation is hardly a problem at all for them.

NFPs in general have difficulty with relationships because they can't help but to strive for perfection in everything, often to an unreasonable level. This could easily bug the shit out of a mate who sees the marriage as doing just fine and is irritated with the constant perfectionism. (But what if it was like THIS?)

ExxP types in general can also have a lot of difficulty maintaining monogamous relationships, which could create a number of problems.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    So, I've read that the ESFP is the second highest of the types in marital satisfaction. The ENTP is next, even though I've heard a lot about them being cheaters. Considering their reputation for being impulsive and "hear and now", that seems strange.

Marriage seems like more of an SJ institution and an NF ideal. How would an SP who lives in "the moment" remain happy in a long-term marriage?

Further, apparently ENFP women are more likely than any other type(according to one study) to have husbands who are unhappy with them in the marriage. Any ideas??
    So ESFP and ENTP are the ones being asked if they're happy? Not their partners?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    So ESFP and ENTP are the ones being asked if they're happy? Not their partners?
    Here's one of the sources concerning ENFP women: Marriage And The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

Here states that ESFP(apparently the ones being asked) rank high(2nd) in marital satisfaction: ESFP Personality Type

And by the way, it's actually ESTP who is ranked high as well. Sorry: ESFP Personality Type

The ESFJ is ranked highest in marital satisfaction.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was gonna say... I am pretty high maintenance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post

uh...well how rude...how could that possibly be true....we're so cool n' stuff
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ENTPs don't really have a reputation for paying attention to the here and now. We are pretty impulsive, but we don't have a damn clue what's going on around us physically because we're too busy in Never-Never Land.

NFPs in general have difficulty with relationships because they can't help but to strive for perfection in everything, often to an unreasonable level. This could easily bug the shit out of a mate who sees the marriage as doing just fine and is irritated with the constant perfectionism. (But what if it was like THIS?)

ExxP types in general can also have a lot of difficulty maintaining monogamous relationships, which could create a number of problems.
    The whole perfection striving is so true for me. Like, I'm always wanting to "improve" the relationship. Damnit!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ENFP women I know seem rather selfish, immature and lazy, IME. Their moods are so important. My mom, God love her, is pretty self-centered, but doesn't seem to even realize it.

EDIT: I DON'T THINK ENFP's ARE BAD. I just don't want someone too close to me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Haha. We are, but apparently we think or is it feel, way too much concerning the relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Women were dissatisfied with the marriage most often (33 percent) when they were married to a man who was an INTP; 31 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an INFS;
    INFS?