Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ENFP women I know seem rather selfish, immature and lazy, IME. Their moods are so important. My mom, God love her, is pretty self-centered, but doesn't seem to even realize it.

EDIT: I DON'T THINK ENFP's ARE BAD. I just don't want someone too close to me.
    My Mom, God love her, may or may not be self centered, but i never seem to realize it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    You never know what is really happening in a marital relationship. I am not the type to call my girlfriends or mother or anyone else really and talk about my problems(introverted feeling?). My husband has done MANY things that absolutely nobody knows about, but if they did, they would see things much differently. They would see him much differently, so judging someone's marriage from the outside-in is usually impossible.
    I know it's hard to hear semi-negative things about your type, but she has told me the same things that he has. No one is judging you.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i was just with an istj...i hear ya girlie...different mind sets for sure...wth are ya gonna do...good luck to ya though
    Yea, I couldn't see relating well too an SJ in a LT relationship either. I really enjoy SPs, and find that I'm able to relax and let go with them(not worry as much about the future). I have an easy time with other NFs as well, but I don't remember knowing too many male E-NFs. E-NTs are cool too.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I'm in the middle of a divorce and I really wish I knew what my ex was. He cheated, and he was very much a "here and now" person, it was like the past and future did not exist for him.

I'm an INFJ and I did recognize my propensity to want this 'perfect' relationship, and certain things I'd always fantasized about seemed so much better in the fantasy than they did when they ACTUALLY happened. I recognized this though, acknowledged it aloud, and tried to work hard on appreciating what I had rather than chasing this stuff in my head.

I definitely see where my personality can be challenging, that's why I took pains to meet in the middle. Still, I sort of think my ex and I both tried really hard to meet in the middle but neither of us had the ability to recognize just how much the other was doing, if that makes sense. I probably neglected to see his efforts because I'm wired so innately different, and vice versa.

I have been really interested in the topic of personality types in reference to marriage/relationships. I don't want to get too crazy with it to the point I get like "I'm totally going to type everyone I date and I won't date them again if their type is on the 'incompatible with INFJ' list!!!".

It's just interesting to see how different types approach relationships, what things the different types have in common in terms of relationships.
    That sounds very ISTP to me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I know it's hard to hear semi-negative things about your type, but she has told me the same things that he has. No one is judging you.

Oh ok, well if she agrees...How old is this lady?

I wasn't thinking you were judging me in particular, I was just saying in general, marriages can be kooky arrangements. It's difficult to tell what's really going on unless you're there all the time.

Supposedly the worst arrangements are between Extroverts and Introverts. Particularly extroverted women and introverted men. Go figure...

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Oh ok, well if she agrees...How old is this lady?

I wasn't thinking you were judging me in particular, I was just saying in general, marriages can be kooky arrangements. It's difficult to tell what's really going on unless you're there all the time.
    She's 38 now. Yeah, no one ever really knows what goes on behind closed doors - - and I don't want to know!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Myself and my NT are quite happy. Ha! Take that, stereotypes!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Myself and my NT are quite happy. Ha! Take that, stereotypes!
    Haha. Good thing there are always exceptions, right and that MB type isn't the end all be all. Are you with an introvert or extrovert?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

He's an INTJ. As introverted as they come. Funny, eh? But we have matching souls...I know, I know, very mysterious INFJ jibberish. But it's true, even after spending the first few years trying to terminate one another. I always surmise that nurture (or lack thereof) made his closet F a T. He scowls when I say that out loud.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    He's an INTJ. As introverted as they come. Funny, eh? But we have matching souls...I know, I know, very mysterious INFJ jibberish. But it's true, even after spending the first few years trying to terminate one another. I always surmise that nurture (or lack thereof) made his closet F a T. He scowls when I say that out loud.
    Two introverts together. Sweet!! I could see how that might be heaven seeing as you guys are so rare, and probably largely misunderstood by this generally extroverted world. Happy to hear of bliss somewhere on earth!!

So you guys tried to off each other early into the the relationship? How old were you then? Why the change? What made you stay together? I'm interested in knowing. You know for us NFers...there's always hope.