First 12

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I had to laugh at this. I'm INFJ and two of my closest friends are also INFJ, our conversations are always like that. We talk until our tongues bleed but it is constantly going off topic and we have to explain EVERYTHING with painstaking detail, hehehe.

I also have a close friend who is ESTP, and he gets what my friend calls "the ticking face" when I talk to him. He will be into what I say for awhile, but when I start going off on one of my long, descriptive tangents he starts glazing over and his chin starts going slowly down into his chest, like there's a clock ticking down inside his head telling him he can only take so much more before it explodes, lol. Eventually he starts looking at other things in the room and responding only in grunts, then I pretty much know it's my cue to say "Dude, am I killing you?", hehe.

With my NF friends, we can talk for hours at a time but always leave the conversation going "Damn, too bad we have to cut this off, there's so much MORE I wanted to talk about!".

It's sick. But cool!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I find that a Ne on Ne conversation often starts in one place, diverges, then comes right back around to where it started and ties it all together. It ends up covering a topic very thoroughly as every little side thought is explored. There's pauses here & there of "what were we talking about?" and then it jumps right back on track.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

my bff is an NF and we're kind of all over the place conversation wise but totally get what the other is saying. i very much enjoy and look forward to our talks. if i go too long without speaking to her, it concerns me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP

I find I can have long conversations with other NF's on one topic because we explore so many avenues/facets of the topic that it doesn't get boring.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    my bf is an NF and we're kind of all over the place conversation wise but totally get what the other is saying. i very much enjoy and look forward to our talks. if i go too long without speaking to her, it concerns me.
    bf = boyfriend; bff = best friend, right? :isnowunsure:
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Yep! I have a good conversation with a fellow N and it's like crack to me!! It's also like Spanish-effing-Fly to me in terms of attraction to a male. If he gives me good conversation, I'm like "Take your pants off NOW".

I probably shouldn't have shared that...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Hey, I find that I have this sort of conversation when I talk with/to my INFJ friend. The thing is, we never forget the main topic and where we left off.

Our main conversation would likely be interrupted by how the light from a streetlamp seems sad, or how we've been obsessing about the ruins of an old train station for years now without knowing the other did the same thing. That sort of thing. It's fortunate that we never forget the main topic though. Maybe it's an INFJ thing, I really don't know.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    bf = boyfriend; bff = best friend, right? :isnowunsure:
    fixed.
    Time is a delicate mistress.