User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    When others are made to relinquish, I feel like it's my job to not let go. I've made allegorical parallels to grabbing on and dipping souls out of the Styx. It really does feel like that sometimes. My friends appreciate my ferociousness and tenacity.

Being a bulldog can have huge downsides too of course. Like when you NEED to let go and don't know how.
    This is fascinating. Will you elaborate? I want to see if I can relate, but your powerful allegory is beyond my comprehension
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    This is fascinating. Will you elaborate? I want to see if I can relate, but your powerful allegory is beyond my comprehension
    Hmm. I think it may have a root in 1. my perception of time sloshing back and forth instead of moving forward, and 2. my knee-jerk need to freeze all things/people so rare and lovely in a bubble moment inside the time-medium so that they can't be degraded by evil, decay, ignorance or death.

The Styx river to me is the ultimate last-ditch effort to keep someone/thing alive. If you can pull them out, they won't go into oblivion, they won't be out of reach. Life will still be touching them, still laying a claim to what death would like to take. Death gets to take everything and sometimes so quickly and easily that it makes me angry. Life spends so much attention and effort making her little creatures, and the exceptional masterpieces - in an ocean of ineligible and hostile things - are something I want to remain forever. Such beauty is hard to find and such worth, that I can't let go of it. Don't forget me, I don't want to forget you...

Forever doesn't exist within my realm of control. But it's in my mind. It's in most everything I do. I can never fully banish the idea of bringing eternity to heel. It's automatic thought and a deluded one.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

wow...that's quite the powerful metaphor. do you feel that way about anyone who touches your heart? even if you only dated for say a few weeks?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    wow...that's quite the powerful metaphor. do you feel that way about anyone who touches your heart? even if you only dated for say a few weeks?
    My sister and family members (including friends who have "graduated" to family status amongst us) I would hold on forever and never let go. It's this weird bulldog tendency inherent in me. I don't lose. Not like that. Not when it's important. At least that's what my brain says to me. It thinks it can defeat mortality, as though it were a human or creature to be slain. I have no idea when I began thinking that way but it's automatic.

I've met people and felt an instant karma moment, where I knew they were worth the effort of preservation.

Other times, it's on a lower level, like in the example I've given many times about a badly abused ISFP boy I knew, and the contract tandem efforts of myself and my Marine ESFJ male friend to pull him out of the abyss. That was a "click" moment - we passed each other a silent look and that was the cue to drag this boy from the fire by whatever method we had handy.

I can't tell sometimes if it's my need to spare people pain or my own need to spare MYSELF their pain. I feel it with them and can't always tolerate it without damage. I see souls underneath the skin - the skin isn't my domain, it's the weightless churning spirit-thing that puts the light in the windows that I'm concerned with.

It's complicated. I don't know what I'm saying!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I know exactly what you're saying Pink. *shutters from the realness*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I always knew I'd have something in common with a Sasquatch (besides the awful smell).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I always knew I'd have something in common with a Sasquatch (besides the awful smell).
    While I freely admit, some of my relatives don't bathe, our scent, as you smell it, is designed to keep you safely away from some of our less civilized breatheren.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default just acknowldege it

For me I give a lot so recognize what I do. Literally

If you have a good thought on something one of us ENFJ's has done show or say that you saw what we did so we don't feel like we are unnoticed. It is that simple for me and doesn't require anything in return if you can see all we do!
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

So basically ENFJs need to be told that they are amazing...all the time?
    Perhaps I've just known lame ENFJs but do they sometimes use the tactic of working allot just so that they can use it against you, all the while saying they did it for you? Like this "I labor so much, look at how much I do for you" while really it's just so you will respond "yes, you do work allot, you're amazing and I'm so grateful to you...I owe you my life?" lol..

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Piedpiper View Post
    So basically ENFJs need to be told that they are amazing...all the time?
    Perhaps I've just known lame ENFJs but do they sometimes use the tactic of working allot just so that they can use it against you, all the while saying they did it for you? Like this "I labor so much, look at how much I do for you" while really it's just so you will respond "yes, you do work allot, you're amazing and I'm so grateful to you...I owe you my life?" lol..
    The answer your looking for is in your own question.