• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Help Me Type Someone...Puleeze...

unagi

MBTI Type
ENFP
IMHO, definitely an ESXP. N's tend to be a bit nerdy and the fact that he dropped out of school so early makes it very unlikely he is an NF. Actually, the free wheeling lifestyle you described, including having stopped his schooling, is completely SP territory.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
IMHO, definitely an ESXP. N's tend to be a bit nerdy and the fact that he dropped out of school so early makes it very unlikely he is an NF. Actually, the free wheeling lifestyle you described, including having stopped his schooling, is completely SP territory.

That's what I was thinking too, until I read that ENFP's were rated by psychologist as the most likely to....have trouble in school.:blush: Apparently, ESFPs are one of the most likely types to do well in school, and finish college! Weird.

I thought the freewheeling would be SP territory as well. But a famous example of an ENFP man is Bill Clinton, with the enterage of women, the cheating, the cocaine, etc...Apparently ENFP men are something else. The ESFP and ENFP are look alikes, I think. So they may do the same things, with different motivations.

Apparently though, eventhough ENFPs typically do badly in school, we are overrepresented in elementary school students who are "gifted".

ENFP facts: PersonalityDesk - Learning Center - ENFP in Careers, Relationships, Leadership, Parenting
ESFP facts: PersonalityDesk - Learning Center - ESFP in Careers, Relationships, Leadership, Parenting

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
That's what I was thinking too, until I read that ENFP's were rated by psychologist as the most likely to....have trouble in school.:blush: Apparently, ESFPs are one of the most likely types to do well in school, and finish college! Weird.

I thought the freewheeling would be SP territory as well. But a famous example of an ENFP man is Bill Clinton, with the enterage of women, the cheating, the cocaine, etc...Apparently ENFP men are something else. The ESFP and ENFP are look alikes, I think. So they may do the same things, with different motivations.

Apparently though, eventhough ENFPs typically do badly in school, we are overrepresented in elementary school students who are "gifted".

ENFP facts: PersonalityDesk - Learning Center - ENFP in Careers, Relationships, Leadership, Parenting
ESFP facts: PersonalityDesk - Learning Center - ESFP in Careers, Relationships, Leadership, Parenting

ENFPs tend to under-perform relative to their abilities in school, and are not always that comfortable with the learning system or social dynamics. So I think it might mean trouble in that sense, not that they fail and drop out. If you look at other studies we are also one of the most common in the high intelligence category, and as a result probably do well despite the other problems. The next point down actually suggest this, and if we get round the other things in high school, the results are normally good also.

Overrepresented among academically talented elementary school students

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

excuse me...but i am so not nerdy...and don't buy the school bit either. :smile:

school was easy for me...was in some advanced classes...but always failed my first hour due to being late. :blush:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
excuse me...but i am so not nerdy...and don't buy the school bit either. :smile:

school was easy for me...was in some advanced classes...but always failed my first hour due to being late. :blush:

Same we got kicked out of advanced maths in first year of high school for wrapping the measuring string around one of our friends, and playing poker with the cards out of the maths challenge sets. Won't really the classic Mensa kids :).

I got in trouble for being late a bit too. Overall I cruised through secondary school.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...and...we kinda can have trouble with authority...and have no qualms about speaking up for ourselves or others...i think we can be prone to discipline sorts of issues...or messin around...i did all sorts of things that one really shouldn't...what's my point?

i guess i'm saying intelligence aside...there are other reasons that an enfp might not stay in school.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
yeah...and...we kinda can have trouble with authority...and have no qualms about speaking up for ourselves or others...i think we can be prone to discipline sorts of issues...or messin around...i did all sorts of things that one really shouldn't...what's my point?

i guess i'm saying intelligence aside...there are other reasons that an enfp might not stay in school.

Yea, I always "tested" well because I was "smart". IQ around 135. SAT 1424 out of 1600. Nonetheless, in school I "talked too much" or "out of turn". I was always late, almost failing a class because of it. I failed gym because I always forgot to wear "the right kind" of shoes. I did poorly in some classes because I didn't like or had bad personal connections with some of my teachers.

I would sit through some of my classes reading books from home that interested me(usually sociological or philosophical) in nature. I also used to write my own books in classes like Geometry. I was always asking teachers philosophical questions that they had no time for, and no interest in..and better yet, no answer to. I made "alright" grades, enough to get by, and eventually through college. Nothing spectacular though. School wasn't hard for me, but the things that held my interest were not covered extensively. I was also more concerned with forming close friendships and being well-liked. I was prom queen and SB VP, so eh...Had I not had a family that placed so much emphasis on graduating, I could see me potentially having dropped out.

So...we've cleared up the ENFP and school thing. We're some of the most gifted, but the typical school system wasn't made with us in mind, and it often shows in our performance and attendance!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...agreed...that sounds a lot like me too...school was just for fun. i didn't take it seriously...unless it was something that interested me.

i would've been better off in a montessori type setting...or arts school of some kind.

Chloe

yeah...agreed...that sounds a lot like me too...school was just for fun. i didn't take it seriously...unless it was something that interested me.

i would've been better off in a montessori type setting...or arts school of some kind.

this place is the best for ENFPs who don't fit in HS.. I mean don't fit = aren't interested... in that type of learning.
mostly what all of you wrote here was my case=late, not interested, went to school for fun and people... but i had straight A's..
but i'm bit sorry i wasnt interested in some stuff more, knowledge in general..history, literature, i was too immature. i was yust boys,boys,boys :smile:

ps. i like it how they say on their website (folk high school) "this school is for people who don't know what they wanna be when they grow up" :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
this place is the best for ENFPs who don't fit in HS.. I mean don't fit = aren't interested... in that type of learning.
mostly what all of you wrote here was my case=late, not interested, went to school for fun and people... but i had straight A's..
but i'm bit sorry i wasnt interested in some stuff more, knowledge in general..history, literature, i was too immature. i was yust boys,boys,boys :smile:

ps. i like it how they say on their website (folk high school) "this school is for people who don't know what they wanna be when they grow up" :D

Haha! I wish I had gone to Sudbury Valley. Sudbury Valley School • Home I was very interested in knowledge, just not rote memorization for the sake of a cookie or a "good grade".

Chloe

Haha! I wish I had gone to Sudbury Valley. Sudbury Valley School • Home I was very interested in knowledge, just not rote memorization for the sake of a cookie or a "good grade".

that's not typical US HS? (I don't know a lot bout your hs)

I went to "mathematical-informatical informative center" - that was the name of HS... , we have formed class of 35 students and all courses we take as 1 group (always the same 35).. I was in class with at least 20 INTPs, ISTPs and INTJs-. LOL.

I was interested somehow, but wasn't ready for most of it..so I forgot most of history etc because I didn't understand wth is all that.
ENFPs are known to be less mature than they're old, ... I'm totally like that, in my estimation always 2-3 years behind - which isn't so much but. :D when i was 20 I was like most girls at 18. NOW i'm like 19 y.olds (i'm 22). :D
Anyway, i read that enfps mature slower so.. it could be one of the reasons why school is not perfect for us, in that time.

In general, schools in Croatia ask kids to learn to many useless infos, but dont teach them how to think, I mean incourage us to use heads. Which is much more important. I guess it's problem all over the world.